Halloween is Around The Corner: Scariest Monster

quickccc

Reaction score
" Twilight People " is another blast from the past of 70's horror classics, (just like Gargoyles in '72)
I wonder how many recall this horror flick (Pam Grier !)

506ae13c20e2f9672794ce379312d57e.jpg

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
When I was younger, Jason from Friday the 13th was the one that always freaked me out. The music when he would pop up. Ch Ch Ch Ah Ah Ah

lol

intro-1567519480.jpg
Same

I watched all 8/9 movies in a span of about 3-4 months when I was a kid-- a pretty big feat in the Blockbuster rental days.

Something about the end of Part IV had me terrified for weeks

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Oops, you're right.. I stand corrected.
I dunno why I was thinking William Marshall instead.

some of those gargoyle suits in that 72' movie somewhat reminds me
of "Sleestacks" in the Land of the Lost series, .. lol :grin:

52068dc21aee83cfb06bb5ca581d2b84.jpg

Kind of yes, not sure who did the Sleestacks costumes, Stan Winston did the costumes in Gargoyles. You know Bill Laimbeer was a Sleestack?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
When I was younger, Jason from Friday the 13th was the one that always freaked me out. The music when he would pop up. Ch Ch Ch Ah Ah Ah

lol

intro-1567519480.jpg
Yeah after I saw the first one I refused to sleep on my back for like a year so I wouldn't end up like Kevin Bacon with an arrow through my throat. I may have checked under a bed or two also.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Yeah after I saw the first one I refused to sleep on my back for like a year so I wouldn't end up like Kevin Bacon with an arrow through my throat. I may have checked under a bed or two also.
I had a brother sleeping in the bottom bunk scratching on the wood beneath me, and neighbors who had the mask and hand, who hid in bushes waiting for me to walk by

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good choice. Anybody ever had a dream Godzilla was chasing and looking for you in it? Scary as hell..
I never had a dream about Godzilla, but when I was about 10 or 11, I had a dream a giant was coming after me. I could hear the pounding of his footsteps. I woke up to find I was hearing my own heart pounding.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure if they are considered monsters but both of the following was scary as a young child in the 70s.
Watch them today and they are not scary but they were back in the day...

The witch did not bother me. Those flying monkeys however
were damn devils.

This one creeped me out the most