Halloween is Around The Corner: Scariest Monster

quickccc

Reaction score
I took a couple of days to consider my choice because I was stuck on the 'What Monster scared you as a kid?' criteria. For me, 'kid' is anybody before they hit 13. There were a few monsters that scared me before I reached adulthood, for instance James Carpenter's The Thing, but the criteria knocks those out of the running in my opinion.

Then there is the definition of monster itself. My all-time horror movie remains The Exorcist. Some people label Regan as a classic monster. I have said so in the past as well but I do not always see Regan as the monster in that film. I see her as The Devil personified. A.K.A. evil incarnate. Many movie monsters commit evil acts but Satan does what comes natural, lol.

Zombies did not have anything on The Blob. Zombies ate brains. They might eat your flesh if it was part of their diet. Glutenous zombies might even eat your entire body but then it takes itself out of the terror equation because it would be too full to move again.

The Blob? Oh. It will squeeze itself through plumbing to get you. It will slime underneath a door or window sill. "Well, it is just goo right, DE?" Yeah. Sure. It was goo that if even a drop of it stuck to your clothes or skin, you are dead. Forget dead. It would spread over your entire body. Afterwards, it would immediately dissolve everything. Flesh. Bones. It did not care. The more it ate, the larger it grew. Plus, it had the capability of moving FAST. One second, it is resting fifty yards away. The next second. Well. You are lunch by then.

Cold was its only weakness. Freezing turned it inert.

Just typing all this brings back fond memories. Excuse me while I go stuff a beach towel underneath my office door now. :laugh:
Was it director George Romero that truly set the stage and comparisons and made the zombie craze popular as
it is in today's era Z-movies ?

I'm not familiar with Zombies before his era, (pre-Night of the Living Dead) and I strongly assumed he took it to a vastly new, blood gore-fest level and standard.

- Romero's 1978 Dawn of the Dead just flat out took me out by shock and fright so much that I simply could not sleep
the next following nights after I saw it.

- I didn't see the Exorcist until it many years after it appeared the theaters because there was much unbelievable
massive hype and fright about the Exorcist that I was not allowed to see it at my very young (vulnerable ?) age.

- Jaws' Ben Gardner's chewed up boat scene that scared the living heck outta Cooper - was my one most memorable, solo scene that shook me up all night too.

- Besides the previously mentioned movies I posted earlier, these following movies were also ones that I found the most
most chilling during my young early years growing up.

f0c33c05b025ea5ca30da49e36df2c20.jpg

1defe225cca1365fec3ce42b3a14dbde.jpg

b4173235eef9b8e2d4aca0c21f4a55a0.jpg

5d4df23c80473b0779fcc2148898dfab.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6QpKOQE2YI7FaQIqf0qdAUUHW4T2COg80FA&usqp=CAU

e81cac49c26b22e08c26ef1901c12d07.jpg

e83c1173531341c8eedba5c7e7acdfa4.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score
These two horror movies still have a chilling effect on me to this day.
I always have to check my Orville Redenbacher's microwave popcorn if I'm watching this first movie ... LOL
" Buy a Vowel " ... :popcorn:

b549706848d856c896d8a68ec734e56e.jpg

220px-Tarantulas_cover.jpg

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a kid the old Frankenstein movies terrified me. The black and white one where the little girl befriends him but he throws her in the lake is jarring. I agree above too that any doll that comes to life freaks me out. My brother had a Danny O Day be ventriloquist doll and I hid the thing nightly

Me as well.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Was it director George Romero that truly set the stage and comparisons and made the zombie craze popular as
it is in today's era Z-movies ?

I'm not familiar with Zombies before his era, (pre-Night of the Living Dead) and I strongly assumed he took it to a vastly new, blood gore-fest level and standard.

- Romero's 1978 Dawn of the Dead just flat out took me out by shock and fright so much that I simply could not sleep
the next following nights after I saw it.

- I didn't see the Exorcist until it many years after it appeared the theaters because there was much unbelievable
massive hype and fright about the Exorcist that I was not allowed to see it at my very young (vulnerable ?) age.

- Jaws' Ben Gardner's chewed up boat scene that scared the living heck outta Cooper - was my one most memorable, solo scene that shook me up all night too.

- Besides the previously mentioned movies I posted earlier, these following movies were also ones that I found the most
most chilling during my young early years growing up.

f0c33c05b025ea5ca30da49e36df2c20.jpg

1defe225cca1365fec3ce42b3a14dbde.jpg

b4173235eef9b8e2d4aca0c21f4a55a0.jpg

5d4df23c80473b0779fcc2148898dfab.jpg

images

e83c1173531341c8eedba5c7e7acdfa4.jpg
Ah, Gargoyles. A made for TV movie if memory serves correct. Scared the poop out of me of me as a youngster, hearing the head Gargoyle speak made the hair on my arm stand up. Diana.......

quickccc

Reaction score
Ah, Gargoyles. A made for TV movie if memory serves correct. Scared the poop out of me of me as a youngster, hearing the head Gargoyle speak made the hair on my arm stand up. Diana.......
The late great Williams Marshall as the voice of the master Gargoyle.
I still watch Gargoyles on Tubi TV .

Marshall later starred in another one or two horror movies that I found to be very creepy as Blacula, and Scream Blacula Scream

Especially the thawed corpse .... !! ..... YIKES !!! :eek:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
The late great Williams Marshall as the voice of the master Gargoyle.
I still watch Gargoyles on Tubi TV .

Marshall later starred in another one or two horror movies that I found to be very creepy as Blacula, and Scream Blacula Scream

Especially the thawed corpse .... !! ..... YIKES !!! :eek:

The head gargoyle was played by Bernie Casey and voiced over from the guy that narrated the Outer Limits.

quickccc

Reaction score
The head gargoyle was played by Bernie Casey and voiced over from the guy that narrated the Outer Limits.

" Gargoyles " would definitely also be on my list of movies that deserve a Reboot.

I do think it needs to be a reboot first off, because it's been so many decades
ago since it's debut.
I was so very young, I did not realize it was made for TV.

Later down the road, I'd like to post a new thread with
the " Best made -for -TV movies of all time " .

But like any other reboot or sequel,.. it (Gargoyles) flat out has to be done right.
Not just some studio throwing us junk (yet again) , just for the sake of using its name just to make a reboot or sequel. :rolleyes:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Of the franchises. I always felt Hellraiser had the creepiest antagonist. But he’s scarier when he doesn’t talk.

giphy.gif