Hangin' With The Boys: Charles is in Charge (guest is Charles Haley) 04.04.2024

Rayman70

Reaction score
Charles said no dawgs on this team and I agree. Will ANYONE emerge?

LysleE

Reaction score
I don’t blame the players; in the age of social media, it takes a strong staff to keep players focused on team, and not individual goals. Jerry has created this culture of entitlement within the organization; he has been quite successful at it when you consider that everything this team does gets national attention from the pundits and the media, despite not doing anything noteworthy other than falling short of expectations and dwelling in mediocrity for the last 28 years or so…and gorging on cheese.

Reactions: CWR

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Awesome interview! I never thought I'd say it but Charles is a pretty level headed guy. A couple of things he said stuck out to me.

• This will be the toughest season ever and we'll find out who has thick skin
  • He sees no dogs on the team
  • The way substitutions are used it's tough to get continuity so now the best defense is a potent offense.
  • He hasn't heard anyone vocalize that they want to win it all
There are many ways to interpret what he's saying but IMO he doesn't respect anything we've got defensively and it's up to the offense to overcome that without the help of coaching. A pretty tall order for any team.
Emmitt called the team out, now Chuck. These guys are aren’t as dependent on media jobs have no problem calling it like they see it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was that one time when Dak said it was time to go for a super bowl. Of course that was immediately after he signed his contract and hasn't done anything since to show he really meant it. I can't say I have heard anyone else say they wanted to win one.

The Dallas Cowboys have a roster full of players who just go through the motions and collect a pay check. There's no passion, there's no desire, and like Haley said, there are no dogs on the team.
Except for Martin, the rest are overpaid and overvalued jags.
If they didn't play for the Cowboys no one would know their names...................... :omg:

CWR

Reaction score
I mentioned the same thing in another thread........Jerry is this making this more about earning your job or the next contract, That creates a sense of individualism.......every man for himself.

BTW......Haley has been accused of a lot of things but being dumb isn't one. He was always a smart player
It's also a side effect if handing out one year prove it deals regularly. Get paid first, then worry about winning a distant second.