Recap: Hanging With the Boys Podcast - Nate Newton & Jesse Holley's take on game

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Exactly excellent post. The Left side is even worse though unfortunately.
Without trying too much to toot my own horn, but okay, maybe a little, my preseason opinion of this teams success beginning and ending with the full 17 game health of the tackles looks pretty accurate.

It may can now be nrrowed down just to Tyron's health since Steele has at least proven to be a serviceable RT.

I'm at a point where the sense of urgency to get this fixed is not being emphasized enough.

Lots of coaching up, fingers crossed, hoping and praying that this situation is fixed sooner than later.
If not, I believe losses will result.

jmo

The way I view it is not having a more secure gameplan for Tyron's absences knowing his history is on the Coaches/GM.

But the LC observations are frustrating because it's on the player. He's a professional and knows better. We should only have to deal with Steele's inexperience. It's fine to have a rust game after missing time, but this sounds more long-term.

Charles Haley tells good stories about how he treated Leon Lett when he failed another drug test. Lett's a coach now, so something clicked. Where is that guy for LC? Who is slapping him around telling him to get his %#*$ together?

75boyz

Reaction score
The way I view it is not having a more secure gameplan for Tyron's absences knowing his history is on the Coaches/GM.

But the LC observations are frustrating because it's on the player. He's a professional and knows better. We should only have to deal with Steele's inexperience. It's fine to have a rust game after missing time, but this sounds more long-term.

Charles Haley tells good stories about how he treated Leon Lett when he failed another drug test. Lett's a coach now, so something clicked. Where is that guy for LC? Who is slapping him around telling him to get his %#*$ together?

I feel ya bro. That LC that turned the corner in '19 and launched himself into the better RTs in the league category seems no where to be found right now.
I do no know if there's an active player inn this roster who can serve as the mentor type to help him like you've described here.

I have no clue how the wreck affected his long term abilities nor do I know if he is not personally giving it his all.
I know like you that his physical conditioning appears suspect and I am not sure he would be any better on the left than Steele.

Big decision to be made on his future with the team imho.

jmo

HungryLion

Reaction score
Now we know why the coaches didn’t just give Collins his job back.

how disappointing

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
No lies detected. If this team is who we think they are then I wouldn't want to be Atlanta.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
  • Brandon Marshall made a statement: “No one is afraid of Trevon Diggs.” I didn’t like the Deion comparisons. People feared Deion. I played against Revis and understood why people didn’t throw to Darelle Revis. QBs aren’t staying away from Diggs, they are double-moving him. The bad part about him having 7 INTs, is he wants #8. Now he’s in a bad mode. It reminds me of guys like Jackrabbit and Marcus Peters, they get you, but when you get them it’s a touchdown.
This right there is worrisome.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
In so many words…. It was either post game or sometime on Monday. I saw his comment in an article but did not see the interview itself
Wow, if LVE said that, Nate Newton is right. That type of mentality would not be tolerated under Jimmy Johnson.