Hannibal, anyone watch this?

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Just got into it and binge watched all of Season 1. Find it to be fantastic so far. Very dark, absolutely love the guy playing Hannibal, even though he is no Hopkins.

tantrix1969

Reaction score
Just got into it and binge watched all of Season 1. Find it to be fantastic so far. Very dark, absolutely love the guy playing Hannibal, even though he is no Hopkins.

Same here, I was doubtful they could fill the Hannibal role but they did a great job of it.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Same here, I was doubtful they could fill the Hannibal role but they did a great job of it.

It took me a few episodes to like the guy. He is just SO different than Hopkins' amazing portrayal, and that accent. By the end of the Season I absolutely loved him.

joseephuss

Reaction score
This show allows us to see the duality of the character Hannibal. In Silence of the Lambs we only got to see one side of him. He was already incarcerated and crazy. We didn't get to view him any other way. Now he lives and works with others in social settings. He has to hide his other side, but we also get to see that as well. It really opens up the character quite a bit and Mads is presenting that very well. I'm sure Hopkins would have done a good job if put in that situation, but SoL didn't allow for that type of interpretation. There were only slight glimpses of it in Hannibal(2001 movie) and Red Dragon.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
This show allows us to see the duality of the character Hannibal. In Silence of the Lambs we only got to see one side of him. He was already incarcerated and crazy. We didn't get to view him any other way. Now he lives and works with others in social settings. He has to hide his other side, but we also get to see that as well. It really opens up the character quite a bit and Mads is presenting that very well. I'm sure Hopkins would have done a good job if put in that situation, but SoL didn't allow for that type of interpretation. There were only slight glimpses of it in Hannibal(2001 movie) and Red Dragon.

Red Dragon is one of my favorite horror flicks and was a very underrated sequel. That scene you're speaking of involving Norton/Hopkins was great insight into the Lecter character and was interesting to see his "facade" in a public setting pre-arrest. Will check it out!

joseephuss

Reaction score
I thought Red Dragon was fantastic. I agree it is underrated. It was better than Manhunter, which was also good.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Manhunter was a movie made in 1986 based on the book Red Dragon. Directed by Michael Mann. Brian Cox played Hannibal Leckter. William Peterson(of CSI fame) played Will Graham. Dennis Farina took on the role of Jack Crawford.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Manhunter was a movie made in 1986 based on the book Red Dragon. Directed by Michael Mann. Brian Cox played Hannibal Leckter. William Peterson(of CSI fame) played Will Graham. Dennis Farina took on the role of Jack Crawford.

Thanks for the info. Had no idea :eek:

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Well.. The season 2 Finale.

It might be one of the most amazing Season Finale's I have ever seen. That was so epic, and so unpredictable, just thoroughly amazing in every possible way.

I am absolutely speechless. I have really really enjoyed this show, but after that Finale this show has been elevated to Breaking Bad/Game of Thrones levels of amazingness.

#drawdrop

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

I wanted to see it. Forgot about it.
How far back am I?

Red Dragon is one of my favorite horror flicks and was a very underrated sequel. That scene you're speaking of involving Norton/Hopkins was great insight into the Lecter character and was interesting to see his "facade" in a public setting pre-arrest. Will check it out!

Red dragon was good.

I liked the origins movie - Hannibal Rising.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
I wanted to see it. Forgot about it.
How far back am I?

Red dragon was good.

I liked the origins movie - Hannibal Rising.

Season 2 just ended, so 26 episodes back.

The guy playing Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen) is slowing starting to replace Hopkins in my mind when I imagine Lecter, especially after this latest episode. His acting is awesome.

tantrix1969

Reaction score
Season 2 just ended, so 26 episodes back.

The guy playing Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen) is slowing starting to replace Hopkins in my mind when I imagine Lecter, especially after this latest episode. His acting is awesome.
I agree, never thought I could accept anyone as Hannibal except Hopkins but Mikkelsen has really owned the role.

Smith22

Reaction score
A co-worker recommended it.

Love the show, love the acting. The duo of Hannibal and Will is amazing.

It was close to being cancelled due to bad ratings, but season 3 has been approved. I wouldn't be shocked if it changes networks after next season.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
A co-worker recommended it.

Love the show, love the acting. The duo of Hannibal and Will is amazing.

It was close to being cancelled due to bad ratings, but season 3 has been approved. I wouldn't be shocked if it changes networks after next season.

I wouldn't be shocked if there's a sizeable ratings increase after the last few episodes of season 2. It has certainly hit an all new high in terms of storytelling. I've been telling everyone about the show lately, and I'm sure word of mouth will spread it a bit.

The creator has a 7 season plan that essentially looks like this.

Season 1-3
Season 4: Red Dragon/Manhunter
Season 5:Silence of the Lambs
Season 6: Hannibal
Season7: Ending

A big problem being that due to weird copyright issues, they cannot use any names from Silence. So unless something changes, if a Clarice is introduced, they cannot use the same name, same with Buffalo bill etc.

And you're correct on the Hannibal/Will bit. Their chemistry is amazing. Those last moments between them was out of this world good. Hannibal's dialogue there.. very emotional with the whole "Time did Reverse" bit.