Happy Birthday to the Big Tuna

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I loved the Parcells years, but by your evaluation he couldn't win even a single playoff game with the best roster in the NFC and a team considered "Super Bowl favorites?" How does that work?

1st Season - Freaking miracle. Just please appreciate that he got that crew of rejects to believe they could have a winning season. Might be the best coaching job in Cowboys history. Parcells once made a comment that he loved players who were in coaching families because they just understood. I think with a season like that, for anyone who has been in a coaching project - and I’m not just talking about football, or even sports in general - there is so much respect watching that turnaround.

2nd Season - On Parcells. He believed too much in that miracle team his first year. Quincy was a dope head surrounded by a ton of overachieving talent that Parcells had pulled of the miracle. A lot of his older players he counted on to steer the ship only enough for 1-2 more seasons if that.

3rd Season - The rebuild. Can’t fault him for not winning a Playoff game. Completely new defense. Still won 9 games.

4th Season - If Romo hadn’t fumbled the snap… what could have been. Weak league that year. We probably would have gone far.

5th Season - Was Bill’s for the taking. Cowboys would not have stumbled into a NYFG trap, guarantee it. None of this Cabo crap. Parcells would have had that team locked down tight and because it was his old franchise, he would have been that much more intense. Romo always kept in check by The Tuna. TO in his prime, kept in check by Parcells, no more last year receivers. Witten Top 3 TE in the league. MB3 coming on strong with Julius. One of the best defenses in the NFL.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
3 digits are required to be an Elder
Bullflop is an older young man:)

Your very kind. The main thing is, I'm now enjoying life more than ever. In that sense, I'd have to agree, I'm still pretty young.:thumbup:

None of us know exactly how much time we have left. Getting the most out of each day is a good way to maximize the journey. :)

Last edited:

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Thank you for drafting Demarcus Ware, Marcus Spears, Chris Canty, Kevin Burnett, and Marrion Barber all in the 2005 draft. The 34 defense was pretty awesome too.