Happy Birthday Tony Romo

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
He’s older than I thought he was. I saw the title of this thread and thought he must be turning 38.

I tend to think of his career ending prematurely because of the injury paving the way for Dak, but the truth is he was pretty much social security eligible at that point as far as NFL careers go.

Even if Dak hadn’t been waiting in the wings, we’re looking at one more year out of him. Maybe two...tops.

dckid

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Tony Romo!

It's crazy that he is just turning 40 today!
Why is that crazy? He was practically a 40 year old since 2014. The man was sustaining injuries left and right and was no longer the same player.
He was very smart to get out, and he is an amazing analyst. I think he would have been an amazing coach also.
Clearly a better commentator than player.
Unlike the Romo lovers, I was a Romo realist. When he retired I felt no regret that we missed out on an opportunity to go to a SB or that there was anything left on the table. He was a good QB in an era where you needed a great QB to competed.He was never considered elite, maybe 2007?

He earned over 120 million in his career. What regrets would he have?

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Happy birthday Tony! Thanks for the memories (good and bad).

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I'm not even trying to be funny but I Could've swore we celebrated his birthday not that long ago....or maybe just a year has gone by fast.........
Nah. You just have Romo's numbers on your mind from a recent QB arugument. :lmao:

Hardline

Reaction score
I miss seeing #9 out there.

Every time he had a good RB he had great seasons.
He would kill it with Zeke and this offensive line.
The fact he was denied his starting spot again was downright criminal.

He gave us the best chance to win.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I miss seeing #9 out there.

Every time he had a good RB he had great seasons.
He would kill it with Zeke and this offensive line.
The fact he was denied his starting spot again was downright criminal.

He gave us the best chance to win.
He lost his job to Dak in his rookie year. Let it go. If he couldn't' beat out Dak his rookie year he wasn't capable of actually doing anything other than what he usually did which was be a first round exit.

Hardline

Reaction score
He lost his job to Dak in his rookie year. Let it go. If he couldn't' beat out Dak his rookie year he wasn't capable of actually doing anything other than what he usually did which was be a first round exit.
Dak didn't beat him out. I don't have to let it go. I am right.
He was Wally Pipped if you know who he is.
Dak has only gotten us first round exits too. And Romo was twice the passing threat Dak is.
The only reason he didn't get his job back was pure coaching stupidity .

starfan1

Reaction score
Why is that crazy? He was practically a 40 year old since 2014. The man was sustaining injuries left and right and was no longer the same player.
He was very smart to get out, and he is an amazing analyst. I think he would have been an amazing coach also.
Clearly a better commentator than player.
Unlike the Romo lovers, I was a Romo realist. When he retired I felt no regret that we missed out on an opportunity to go to a SB or that there was anything left on the table. He was a good QB in an era where you needed a great QB to competed.He was never considered elite, maybe 2007?

He earned over 120 million in his career. What regrets would he have?

Duck!! Here it comes lol