Happy Birthday Tony Romo

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak didn't beat him out. I don't have to let it go. I am right.
He was Wally Pipped if you know who he is.
Dak has only gotten us first round exits too. And Romo was twice the passing threat Dak is.
The only reason he didn't get his job back was pure coaching stupidity .

I was a Romo supporter as well. Also a Dak supporter and frankly both have won the same amount of SB. In post season 10 years playing Romo is 2-4 in post season in 4 years Dak is 1-2 in post season and before you mention how coaches screw Romo, well Dak has played under the same coaches. Again I like Romo always will but has nothing to do with my feelings towards Dak

Hardline

Reaction score
I was a Romo supporter as well. Also a Dak supporter and frankly both have won the same amount of SB. In post season 10 years playing Romo is 2-4 in post season in 4 years Dak is 1-2 in post season and before you mention how coaches screw Romo, well Dak has played under the same coaches. Again I like Romo always will but has nothing to do with my feelings towards Dak
I'm the same way. I support any Cowboys QB but I dont give them a free pass just because they're Cowboys.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm the same way. I support any Cowboys QB but I dont give them a free pass just because they're Cowboys.

I agree. Being honest I have seen improvement in Dak play, he has gone from what people called dink and dunk as a rookie to getting the ball down field more often and yet is still hitting his targets at a 65% clip. He has struggled with getting stripped of the football yet that showed improvement last season, same with taking sacks. Every year Romo played he talked of working on his game and improving, I fully expect to see the same out of Dak, where he continues to work and improve himself as a QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak didn't beat him out. I don't have to let it go. I am right.
He was Wally Pipped if you know who he is.
Dak has only gotten us first round exits too. And Romo was twice the passing threat Dak is.
The only reason he didn't get his job back was pure coaching stupidity .
I’m not gonna go down this path. I liked Romo just like I like Dak. Not gonna knock Romo to prove a point but if we are being realistic had the team put Romo back in it would’ve ended probably with the same fate as the 2014 did. Let it go.

Hardline

Reaction score
I’m not gonna go down this path. I liked Romo just like I like Dak. Not gonna knock Romo to prove a point but if we are being realistic had the team put Romo back in it would’ve ended probably with the same fate as the 2014 did. Let it go.
Ill keep saying what I want unless you can get the admins to boot me.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, I am done knocking Romo to highlight the hypocrisy his diehard fans display. It's not Tony's fault those fans are more annoying than Eagles fans.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Happy Birthday Tony Romo.

Hope your thread does not typically attract too many folks who dislike you in varying degrees (real and imagined) for what you did or did not do in the past, present and/or the future.

Golfzilla77

Reaction score
Why is that crazy? He was practically a 40 year old since 2014. The man was sustaining injuries left and right and was no longer the same player.
He was very smart to get out, and he is an amazing analyst. I think he would have been an amazing coach also.
Clearly a better commentator than player.
Unlike the Romo lovers, I was a Romo realist. When he retired I felt no regret that we missed out on an opportunity to go to a SB or that there was anything left on the table. He was a good QB in an era where you needed a great QB to competed.He was never considered elite, maybe 2007?

He earned over 120 million in his career. What regrets would he have?

He was plenty good enough. The championship teams of his era also had top-notch role players. I don't recall too many career Daryl Johnston-types during Romo's time. At least from what i watched, it was primarily the Romo show every weekend and he left everything he had on the field. I don't recall him ever blaming any players or coaches when games went downhill. Or even griping about play-calling, or the other facets of the team like the defense or the special teams. And if the Cowboys won a game during his era, he was almost always a major part of the win. I don't recall too many times where he had a running back take the game on his shoulders, or the OL just roll over the other team's DL, or even our own defense just dominate the opposition. It speaks to his talent that he was such a vital element in this team-driven sport. Happy Birthday, Tony, and thanks for the show!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There aren't many QBs who could chase down a ball that was wildly snapped over their heads, juke a few defenders, and make a first down out of it the way he could...and that's just one example of him making something out of nothing.

Let's just try to allow this thread to be about Romo.

dckid

Reaction score
He was plenty good enough. The championship teams of his era also had top-notch role players. I don't recall too many career Daryl Johnston-types during Romo's time. At least from what i watched, it was primarily the Romo show every weekend and he left everything he had on the field. I don't recall him ever blaming any players or coaches when games went downhill. Or even griping about play-calling, or the other facets of the team like the defense or the special teams. And if the Cowboys won a game during his era, he was almost always a major part of the win. I don't recall too many times where he had a running back take the game on his shoulders, or the OL just roll over the other team's DL, or even our own defense just dominate the opposition. It speaks to his talent that he was such a vital element in this team-driven sport. Happy Birthday, Tony, and thanks for the show!
He had TO, Marion Barber, Jason Witten, Demarco Murray, Miles Austin, Patrick Crayton, Felix Jones, Roy Williams.
Tony had enough talent, 2006, 2007,2009,2014.
I know you and I have different opinions and i probably will not be able to convince you otherwise. The bottom line is Romo always left me wanting a bit more. We underachieved, blame it on the playcalling, Coach, QB, team dynamics, front office, etc, etc. Two playoff wins equals two playoff wins.