Happy Draft Day!

ESisback

Reaction score
A lot of fans aren’t even pumped up for the draft this year. A majority still haven’t recovered from the playoff loss and our lack of activity in free agency hasn’t helped them get over it. Regardless who we take in the draft the next three days a lot of fans are convinced we’re headed for a down 2022 season. I’m one of those who isn’t very optimistic about the upcoming season. We’re going to have to draft at least three players that make a significant impact this upcoming season to have any chance of improving.

Mark me down as one of the unpopular few that HAS gotten over my team losing a game 4 months ago. We could draft 9 players that make a significant impact, and this place will STILL explode with doom and gloom speculation.

Motorola

Reaction score
Work until 9:00 EST and might miss a few picks. Bringing home a pizza and some Dos XX.

Now, this is the bomb!

d463d534cb9792acc7c22b97d9bf86c6.jpg
Whoever came up with this display should patent it (if possible) or start a part-time business venture!
YUMMY

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Mark me down as one of the unpopular few that HAS gotten over my team losing a game 4 months ago. We could draft 9 players that make a significant impact, and this place will STILL explode with doom and gloom speculation.

We won’t know until the season starts what impact if any these players make. Too many fans come a conclusion on draft day. All the fan reactions will be based on these players draft grades and how they performed in college. We’ll start getting an idea this summer once they put on the pads what we have.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Happy Draft Day everybody!

What’s everyone doing for round one tonight?
Whatevers, I just got done field dressing a couple blue grouse and going to mow down some tall fescue...lol
Grouse is going on the grill during the draft, waiting till 24 will be "patience is a virtue" time of day today.
Im grilling slowly, bacon wrapped, and just crossing fingers that Jerry is sober showing up tonight.

Motorola

Reaction score
What's the rough timing for the Cowboys pick?

Draft starts at 8? (8 EST tonight, 7 EST Friday)

10:30-11pm EST?
That seems to be a good estimate....although trades could alter where and when Dallas makes its selection.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We won’t know until the season starts what impact if any these players make. Too many fans come a conclusion on draft day. All the fan reactions will be based on these players draft grades and how they performed in college. We’ll start getting an idea this summer once they put on the pads what we have.
IDK about too many coming to any conclusions around here, just most like us all hoping for a miracle draft.

Motorola

Reaction score
My way of looking at the Cowboys draft is to just do a quick review of each player selected just to have a bare-bones knowledge of the guys. I make no immediate assessment.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
IDK about too many coming to any conclusions around here, just most like us all hoping for a miracle draft.

With some of the anger and frustration some display after we make our pick they apparently come to a conclusion. They make comments like the pick sucks and proceed to tell everyone who we should have picked. A lot of fans hated the Parsons pick last year. Go back and read some of the comments. Lol

nobody

Reaction score

Does it truly bother you so much that some people hold the team to a higher standard and expect them to want to win, to prepare enough to win to the point that you have to bring negativity to the board to whine about it? Just asking.

I'm over it, but I'm not going to pretend that it's all sunshine and roses either. I'm excited by how the draft might end up, but I'm not going to watch it. I rarely do. I'll cheer for whoever they end up choosing anyway.

Motorola

Reaction score
What's it gonna be? OL? WR? LB? Surprise?
Been taking a peek at other teams' fan sites; the predictions for theirs no. 1s are just as varied - except for Jacksonville. (Some speculation Detroit is fielding calls to trade down.)

ESisback

Reaction score
You nailed it bro

Reactions: KJJ

ESisback

Reaction score
Does it truly bother you so much that some people hold the team to a higher standard and expect them to want to win, to prepare enough to win to the point that you have to bring negativity to the board to whine about it? Just asking.

I'm over it, but I'm not going to pretend that it's all sunshine and roses either. I'm excited by how the draft might end up, but I'm not going to watch it. I rarely do. I'll cheer for whoever they end up choosing anyway.
Not at all! I want them to win too. I’m just not gonna spend most of my time unhappy. I threw my fit over past defeats, then moved on.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Been taking a peek at other teams' fan sites; the predictions for theirs no. 1s are just as varied - except for Jacksonville. (Some speculation Detroit is fielding calls to trade down.)
Is everyone on the Jax board saying the pick is Travon?

Motorola

Reaction score
Is everyone on the Jax board saying the pick is Travon?
Lately it appears he is the favorite. Either he or Hutchinson is what GM Baalke is wanting.
But many fans think Walker is too raw.
However, some think HC wants more protection for QB Lawrence - he favors OLineman Neal or Ekwonu.

Motorola

Reaction score
Don't forget the 2nd and 3rd year players from previous drafts & UDFA signings.
Some of them could progress from PS, IR, etc. to complete with the rookies for roster spots.