Happy Draft Week

Roland

Reaction score
I have been pretty "meh" up to this point as well. There is some hope that we will draft some good picks and add a few more free agents and this will give us something to feel good about. I am trying to get up for this, but it seems very difficult this year compared to other years. Please Jerry, dont screw this draft up!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Draft snuck up on me this year. Usually I've been doing mocks online for a month by now. Might play around with it this week...or not.

Either way, I'll tune in Thursday and Friday night.

Techsass

Reaction score
It's all Coach "Let's not show their numbers in an internal scrimmage game" McCarthy's fault that we're not excited. We usually have a pretty good idea about who they like by now. He's slowly, but surely dragging Jerry away from the microphones.

Personally I can't wait to see what they'll do.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
yet we drafted a DT in Nevile Gallimore 2 years ago. Tyler Biadasz on the oline shortly after. Last year Osa Odighizuwa d lineman, Tristen Hill and Connor McGovern were the 1st two picks in 2019... so they are drafting olineman and dlineman in every draft.
They are. The Oline is a house of cards despite it all.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
If anyone sees me happy this week, it's because it's draft time baby!!! What are we going to do, who will we get, what is the organization thinking, will there be a surprise???

I know I'm pretty smart, but coog doesn't know it all!! (Ha ha). Can anyone else feel the excitement? Let's go Cowboys!!
Should have kept Gregory, Cooper and Collins. Could of made a splash in this draft to perhaps put us over the top. Now we got to fill too many holes just to get back to even

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
happy draft week? yet to be seen....unfortunately, it feels like most on here are more meh than they are rahrah...glad you are excited though

Can't wait, hoping I'll be this happy after Thursday

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Same to you. I only wish this draft was held a month earlier and reduced to 2 days instead of 3.

Hey I really agree with that I'm glad it starts on Thursday because I work my other job on the weekends. But 2 days would be great and sufficient

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
The Cowboy draft lost me with the Quincy Carter pick. Suffocated my corpse with the Taco pick. Now I'm dead, waiting for the team to be sold to Mark Cuban...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If anyone sees me happy this week, it's because it's draft time baby!!! What are we going to do, who will we get, what is the organization thinking, will there be a surprise???

I know I'm pretty smart, but coog doesn't know it all!! (Ha ha). Can anyone else feel the excitement? Let's go Cowboys!!
I am actually not interested in draft at all. I have lost interest in cowboys this year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
From reading some of the posts a lot of fans aren’t as juiced up about the draft as they have been in previous years. Some are still hung over from the playoff loss to San Francisco. Our draft position at number 24 has some fans unenthused. Even the fans that are revved up for the draft will be moaning and groaning if they don’t like our first pick or Jerry trades down.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This is the first draft I haven't been excited about in years.
I guess the timing couldn't be better because my wife is returning from a trip, and I have to pick her up from the airport on the night of the draft.
And even though I'll be listening to the draft on the Sirius radio while driving to the airport (usually, I prefer watching it on television and chatting with fans in Cowboyszone), after I pick her up, she'll likely want to talk about her trip, so listening to the remaining picks may not be an option.
I don't know what happened. Maybe it has sunk in that we're really not going to contend for a Super Bowl for awhile and the reality of 25+ years without a Super Bowl appearance has feather-slapped me in the face, and, subconsciously, I'm resigned to the inevitable.
The only interest I have in this year's draft beyond who the Cowboys pick is that I know at least four guys who my son either played with or against are likely going to be selected - one as high as the second round, and maybe he'll sneak into the first, but I doubt it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Stephen reassuring us that all is well heading into the draft. :muttley:

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Hopefully when all said and done we have some good players found in draft who can help this team , Amen

Cowboys=SuperBowl

Reaction score

LETSGOCOWBOYS!!!!:flagwave: