Happy Father's Day!

Rayman70

Reaction score
R1ab07241e5bda56707a9445318dd6c23
Just thought we Fathers needed a chuckle....carry on

Rayman70

Reaction score
Happy Father's Day, everyone.

It is really interesting the memories we have of our father and, in particular, those one or two that really stand out.

My father was a good man, a deacon in our little church, my little league coach, a good husband and provider, wildly sarcastic and definitely old school. I also remember him as not overly affectionate.

The day before I graduated from A&M, he was called out on a job. Quite frankly, I didn't expect him to show up... but he did. He drove all night - about 7 hours - to attend a couple hour graduation. He said he wouldn't dream of missing my graduation. One of the warmest memories of my dad.
Miss my Dad too. He passed nov 17th 2013. Just wish I could tell him happy fathers day 1 more time.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Here's hoping you Dads out there have as great a Father's Day as I've had. I've had the pleasure of a meal at my favorite restaurant with my two kids and my son-in-law. We had a blast. It was the best Father's Day I've had yet. Anyway, Happy Father's Day to all you Dads! May yours be just as good. ;)

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's hoping you Dads out there have as great a Father's Day as I've had. I've had the pleasure of a meal at my favorite restaurant with my two kids and my son-in-law. We had a blast. It was the best Father's Day I've had yet. Anyway, Happy Father's Day to all you Dads! May yours be just as good. ;)
Show off!! Salud! I'm glad it was great for you....

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
It was a great Father’s Day for me. I was lucky enough to:

• Sleep as late as I wanted and wake with the woman I love.
  • Get invited by my youngest daughter to play Half-Life: Alyx with her.
  • Spend an hour talking on the phone to my oldest daughter who is a Staff-Seargent in the US Army and stationed in Hawaii.
My only regret is that my father isn’t around to celebrate the day with. He was the best.

My Father always let me choose things for myself. I could have followed the Cowboys like him or I could have followed any other team that I liked. At 7 years old, he told me that I was free to move out and be a Pittsburgh fan. :laugh:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was a great Father’s Day for me. I was lucky enough to:

• Sleep as late as I wanted and wake with the woman I love.
  • Get invited by my youngest daughter to play Half-Life: Alyx with her.
  • Spend an hour talking on the phone to my oldest daughter who is a Staff-Seargent in the US Army and stationed in Hawaii.
My only regret is that my father isn’t around to celebrate the day with. He was the best.

My Father always let me choose things for myself. I could have followed the Cowboys like him or I could have followed any other team that I liked. At 7 years old, he told me that I was free to move out and be a Pittsburgh fan. :laugh:
Great day...Salud!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Happy Father's Day to all you Dads and a special one to those that understand the difference between impregnating a woman and raising a child.
I remember when graduating high school meant time to man up and take on life. My graduation gift was...... luggage. Good luck son. Make it work.

Not that way anymore. The world has become less user friendly, if you will.

Seems the raising part is ongoing at no fault of our offspring. Financially speaking. Sometimes I feel bad for bringing my kids into this mess. My job to help them make it work without handing it them.