Happy Father's Day!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Happy Fathers Day everyone. Visiting my wife’s dad. Her mom has Alzheimer’s. Next going to see my dad who has Alzheimer’s. It’s the worst disease ever. Especially tough on the people close to them. If you have a loved one showing signs or symptoms then spend time with them while you can. It won’t be long and they won’t know you anymore.
Glim…God bless you. My dad has Alzheimer’s too and I know how hard that is. My mom passed away in 2019 and she had aphasia, another form of dementia. It’s a painful process for the whole family. Wishing the best for you and your family.

Motorola

Reaction score
Glim…God bless you. My dad has Alzheimer’s too and I know how hard that is. My mom passed away in 2019 and she had aphasia, another form of dementia. It’s a painful process for the whole family. Wishing the best for you and your family.
Today marks the decade + one month + five days my father left this earth (May 14th, 2012).
Born and raised in Texas
Career Army Man - Enlisted - SFC (Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia)
Deacon for his Church
Great story teller about his youth and times in the service
Raised his five children to be accountable, hardworking, and don't ask for anything you can't acquire on your own
Helped out many people without compensation or recognition
His sterness was a blessing

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
fathersday759.jpg

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! Fatherhood changes you in ways that are unimaginable until you are one. It's astounding.
Thankful for both my earthly and heavenly Fathers.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Thanks, the best part is he still has a good quality of life, he lives with me and my wife, his mind is still good, has his iPad that he uses everyday for Youtube videos and news and he can still walk a bit with his walker.

That's awesome.

My great grandmother made it past 100, but she lost her mind at some point and couldn't remember anyone.

My grandmother was 94, and she said.. work hard, because you've got some longevity in your genes. lol. I love seeing these kinds of stories, though. My pops will be 77 this July. Lost my mom in 2018, so I would love for him to live to 100. I know it's rare, but I'm pulling for him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Thanks. God bless you too.. My wife’s mom actually has aphasia and it’s rough. My wife had a bad accident and can’t work anymore but she gets up 5 days a week and goes over and helps bathe her and feed her. Her dad has a difficult time as she fights with him and don’t like him cleaning her and he gets frustrated so my wife helps as much as she can. Her mom has aphasia and also a rare disease called susacs syndrome. They have the same symptoms of Alzheimer’s. You may want to look into it. Large doses of prednisone actually can reverse some of it. Unfortunately she does have aphasia but she went down hill in a matter of 6 months. Aphasia usually don’t take over that quick and they knew she had susacs so after a year my wife found the paper work on the susacs diagnosis and they started her on it and it’s helping a little but permanent damage is done and aphasia is still taking over but any quality of life is better than none. But my dad is just a slow painful process. Afraid he going to be a mean one.