Happy Veterans Day

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'd like to take a moment and thank all the members here who have served this country in the military services. You'll never know how much it is appreciated.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Agreed and thank you. I too would like to send out best wishes to all the Vets out there. Enjoy it Ladies and Gents.

1fisher

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'd like to take a moment and thank all the members here who have served this country in the military services. You'll never know how much it is appreciated.

Amen to that Hos..... If it weren't for those guys and gals we wouldn't enjoy the freedoms we have today!

A big salute and thank you from 1fisher!!!!!!!!! :bow:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
As a vet I thank you even though I wasn't in for that long. I'd rather thank those that are currently serving.

28bringinthewood

Reaction score
I would also like to say THANK YOU to all veterans!

Please... if you see a veteran... thank them in person. My husband's boss is a veteran and I thanked him last year on Veteran's Day. You should have seen the way he looked at me... it's like noone had ever thanked him before. He was surprised that I was thanking him.........and that is sad. Please let them know how much we appreciate them!!!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Yes indeed. A huge consent of gratification to all the men and women, past and present, for their courage, committment and heroic acts on our behalf. Thank you all for the freedoms we possess in our country and in our lives. God bless America. God bless you all. Thank-you......every day.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
We love you all.

vet1.jpg

ghst187

Reaction score
Appreciate the notes fellas!
Proud to serve America and support America's team!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
As all of the posters before me, I also want to say thank you to all of our Veterans.............:bow:

I recently retired (Apr 1, 2005), after serving 25 awesome years with the United States Air Force. I really miss it and appreciate all this great country stands for--FREEDOM.

I joined the Air Force, in part, to be able to see the Dallas Cowboys play in person. It was the only way at the time, I could afford to leave VA and get to Texas stadium. I traded my first assignment to Italy for Dyess AFB, TX. I figured it was closer to Texas Stadium........since that time, I have attended numerous games in person. Talked to lot's of players/coaches/owner over the years while attending Dallas Cowboy training camps. And I was lucky enough to top it all off by winning the San Antonio Crazy Cowboy fan contest in 2004......winning all expenses paid trip to Oxnard.......etc....etc.

My point--all this I owe to the United States Air Force!

ghst187

Reaction score
in case anyone is interested....
the concise history of Veteran's Day: (this off the top of my head)
At 5 am on Nov 11, 1918, the Allies and Germans signed the Armistice which brought an immediate end to WWI. As the news was announced, many Americans closed their shops and broke out in impromptu celebrations and parades.
Nov 11 was then known as "Armistice Day" and celebrated by many communties across the country. In 1938, Congress signed a bill to make Nov 11's "Armistice Day" an official holiday.
After WWII, a large group of veteran's arose that had not served in WWI. They wanted Nov 11 to recognize ALL American war veterans and not just those who served in WWI.
On Nov 11, 1953, in the town of Emporia, Kansas, Ed Rees observed the city celebrate what it called "Veteran's Day." He was so impressed by their celebrations and spirit that he submitted a bill to Congress to change the name of Nov 11's holiday to "Veteran's Day." The bill was passed in 1954 and has henceforth been known as Veteran's Day.

It's a time to think about our brothers and sisters who went before us and fought for our way of life. It's about reflecting on what their sacrifice has meant to the freedoms we enjoy today. It's about honoring those who answered the call, in the past and those who currently serve, those who have fallen and those that live on, those that have paid or continue to pay the price for the American way of life to endure.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
I would like to say a big Thanks to those men and women who risk there lives to protect our freedom. Happy Veterans Day.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Nice touch and thanks to all for the kind remarks. It's much appreciated.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Thank you very much to all who have served in the military in the past, and who are currently serving now. God bless you all!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would like to thank my daughter who's currently in army basic training at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO.