Happy with the draft?

cowboybish

Reaction score
Are you happy with the our draft, OK with our draft, or hate our draft???

Carson

Reaction score
I am happy with it. Not A+ but definitely B+ range to me.

The problem is people bashing it because they didn’t pick ”their guy”.

Hardline

Reaction score
I love that they addressed the trenches. I'm sure the LB will be a solid contributor but Jaylen Wright would've had a bigger impact as a rookie.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Pretty meh for me.

Trading down from a premium player like Arnold stung and the Marist pick was a massive reach.

They kind of cornered themselves being asleep during FA so getting 2 starting OLmen is nice even though I think it’s somewhat overkill at the position.

Carter

Reaction score
Not really. I like what they did in the 1st getting that extra third that turned out to become Cooper Beebe but the rest of the Draft was mindboggling to me, especially how they handled LB and RB.

cowboybish

Reaction score
I personally am OK with it. We needed 2 olineman and I believe they were good picks. I am surprised they didn’t find a running back at some point and would’ve preferred they take one over the wide receiver spot. As in all drafts, you never really know what you have until they’ve played.

J-man

Reaction score
Overall I'm good with it. At this point I'd call it a 7.3 / 10. It has the chance to be an 8.7 / 10 if guys like Flournoy, Rogers and Thomas stick.

rambo2

Reaction score
Very happy to have the oline. Beebe should be a solid player for many years and all of the other picks have a chance of being good. Odds are that some of them will turn out good. If they hit on the majority of them, they could be a good team going forward.

rambo2

Reaction score
Not really. I like what they did in the 1st getting that extra third that turned out to become Cooper Beebe but the rest of the Draft was mindboggling to me, especially how they handled LB and RB.
Did you notice that they got beat last year because of the lack of linebackers?

Mikexike

Reaction score
I'm happy with the draft, Lots of good players to replenish our squad. Don't care that they didn't take a RB( Would of liked RB Wright that went to MIA), Everyone says it was a bad class so why would we even waste picks on them. Glad they signed Zeke to be the bridge vet player. Mid season trade is where they find their RB or draft 1 next year, I believe them investing into the OLINE will make a night and day difference for the running game.

John813

Reaction score
Happy.

I wanted Payton Wilson, but when he fell out of the 2nd, I figured there was more publicly hidden medicals on him than what was released during the combine/prodays.
No ACL in one leg, the dude still can play, but you don't want another Sean Lee issue where you don't know if he'll miss 0 games, 4 games, 8 games or the entire season from a random injury.

While I thought he was the best of the bunch, I do get passing on a LB that had medical concerns when the team had disappointments in Smith & LVE due to different medical issues.

rambo2

Reaction score
Happy.

I wanted Payton Wilson, but when he fell out of the 2nd, I figured there was more publicly hidden medicals on him than what was released during the combine/prodays.
No ACL or not in one leg, the dude still can play, but you don't want another Sean Lee issue where you don't know if he'll miss 0 games, 4 games, 8 games or the entire season from a random injury.

While I thought he was the best of the bunch, I do get passing on a LB that had medical concerns when the team had disappointments in Smith & LVE due to different medical issues.
The Steelers may have hit a home run and they got some outstanding offensive linemen too.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I think you’re going to get 3 starters from this draft. AND at places of need. Had we taken Lloyd with our second 3rd round pick it would have been a home run. IMO that’s a pretty successful draft, especially if we hit on any late round picks.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marist pick was a massive reach.
Maybe for you but the Cowboys feel much differently about him. Since the draft word has come out that teams put anywhere from a 3rd to a 5th round grade on him. The Cowboys didn't want to lost him and loved him enough to take him in the 3rd instead of drafting a RB or trading down.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Maybe for you but the Cowboys feel much differently about him. Since the draft word has come out that teams put anywhere from a 3rd to a 5th round grade on him. The Cowboys didn't want to lost him and loved him enough to take him in the 3rd instead of drafting a RB or trading down.
Of course they do…they also felt differently about Mazi and Schoon who most
also considered massive reaches.

How they create their board and feel about players is one of the problems.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
I like most of the players. Kneeland and Marist being the exceptions. I don't understand these two.
I did not like where and when they took the players, ie what they considered important. Dallas, imo, is horrible at building a team, but very good at picking individual players.

Looked like a "we are going to get players to replace the high dollar ones we are/will be losing soon because they cost too much and are not producing" type draft.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Wilson will be a better LB than this ND kid. I’m pissed we passed on him.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'm happy with it.

I'm not a Guyton fan, but the Cowboys did hedge their bets with him by trading down. I would've drafted Graham Barton over Guyton at #24, but I think that Guyton + Beebe is a better combination than Barton alone.

Kneeland is a gamble, but any high-octane DE still available at #56 will be a gamble. There was no other players I liked at that point, except for Trey Benson, so I'm fine with the pick. I just don't think the board broke very well for us, so we did the right thing by going for big-board value.

Beebe was a steal. I think he starts at center from day 1, which is a heck of an outcome for a 3rd rounder.

I liked Liafau more than most, just because I thought his see-ball-get-ball mentality and speed made him a safe projection to Will. I wouldn't call him a smart player based on film, he was more just like a dog chasing cars. But if he can whiteboard plays as well as Zimmer claimed, then he may just need more reps before his eyes start catching up to his brain. I get why the Cowboys would be hesitant to pass on a LB who has green-dot football IQ and NFL starter athleticism.

Last edited: