Happy with the draft?

rambo2

Reaction score
They did. They stuck to their board and went what they felt was a bigger need.
Yes, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I think that they believe that Marist Liufau would have been gone if they traded back. The guy interviews very well.

rambo2

Reaction score
Ever since the draft started…

And yea, drafting someone an entire round early is a massive reach.

I’m sure the Cowboys will tell you all their picks were steals and the best players on the board but I’ve stopped buying their BS years ago.
They draft well. At least most of the time.

cnuball21

Reaction score
They draft well. At least most of the time.
I think they draft well on offense and secondary and are terrible drafting front 7 on defense.

I’d also argue they’re terrible at building a draft board.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ever since the draft started…

And yea, drafting someone an entire round early is a massive reach.
I've been following the draft for almost 50 years and I have never heard of such a thing as a massive reach by taking a player one round before they were projected to go.

Especially when it's a player a team has targeted and wanted.

A massive reach as to be at least 2-3 rounds. Not one.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I think that they believe that Marist Liufau would have been gone if they traded back. The guy interviews very well.
They were scared to death he would be gone. That's why they turned down trade offers to move down.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I've been following the draft for almost 50 years and I have never heard of such a thing as a massive reach by taking a player one round before they were projected to go.

Whatever makes you feel better!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

What’s not registering?

The justification for every bust that was reached for can be rationalized as “they [name team here] had a [name round] grade on the player so they targeted him.”

The problem is the evaluation of the prospect.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Reaches are reaches when they don‘t work out. Personally I don’t see Liufau as a 3 down LB at the next level. There just isn’t anything on his tape or stats to support that. I do think there are some things he does well. He has a good understanding of coverage, and I think he can used in packages to get to the QB. I myself would have taken a RB.