Hardy, Brent, and drafting Gregory all but prove Jason Garrett is little more then a puppet

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
yah, and you bought that load?

When you preach for 8 years about the RKG and then Jones goes out and signs a women beater/Auto weapons lover then you have to wiggle your way out it somehow. Sounds like you are more gullible then anything else. Yah, he TRIED to explain it, and it made little sense. Its was laughable actually.

And trust me..........I am very thankful they dont listen to Garrett. Hardy was my #1 target in FA. And I was begging them to draft Gregory. Brent I could care less about.

again, prove the AUTO WEAPONS accusation or drop it. my bet is you don't know the difference. prove me wrong.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
your jsut eat up with rules and regulations aren't you
I am applauding the Cowboys, Jerry, and Stephen Jones for not listening to Garrett. Love what they did. Im also applauding the Cowboys for signing Hardy and drafting Gregory. If that comes at the expense of Garrett, so be it. Im entitled to my opinion as is anyone else on here.

Is there a rule on here that says I cant critique Garrett?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I am applauding the Cowboys, Jerry, and Stephen Jones for not listening to Garrett. Love what they did. Im also applauding the Cowboys for signing Hardy and drafting Gregory. If that comes at the expense of Garrett, so be it. Im entitled to my opinion as is anyone else on here.

no but there seems to be one you don't have to know about guns at all to make accusations about them.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't know man.. It looked like Jerry had to spend some time convincing Jason on the war room cam after the pick was made.

Not surprising. Garrett is an offensive minded coach and will always be that way.

What I am getting more and more surprised with is how much input and say Marinelli and the assistants are getting, especially Eberflus.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
and exaggeration cause facts fall slim. still waiting for this list of "automatic weapons" he owned laying around.

A list....sorry I dont have the list. I can only go on what has been reported through the league from their investigation and the facts of the case. Which stated multiple automatic weapons on the bed that he threw his girlfriend on. After he was choking her and telling her he was going to kill her.

Im sure that is what Garrett meant by the RKG.

But as I stated, I loved the signing. Hell of a football player.

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
Garrett has explained numerous times that RKG doesn't mean choirboy off the the field. It means hard working, good teammate, and great player on Sundays. You can make mistakes off the field and still be those things. I'm sure there is a line, but Brent paid his debt to society, Hardy had his charges dropped, and Gregory has a disease and smoked pot. The team decided they could live with these issues because the player was the RKG in the lockeroom and on the field. If you want all perfect angels on the team, go follow some Catholic middle school's girls soccer team.

This is my understanding of RKG as well.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I guess I am a little slow could you elaborate ?

cowboyboy is saying hardy had all these "automatic" weapons laying around. simply put, i seriously doubt it. to even own one means to apply for a permit from the government to do so and they will heavily scrutinize your past and put you through the ringer before allowing *anyone* to own an "automatic" weapon. so i'm simply asking how he knows these are "automatic" or if he's just blithering standard, uneducated lines.

but this is borderline a no-no in here so i'll drop it now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not surprising. Garrett is an offensive minded coach and will always be that way.

What I am getting more and more surprised with is how much input and say Marinelli and the assistants are getting, especially Eberflus.

Its quite clear to me that the coordinators run things on the field with the players. The first thing the Cowboys did when their season ended was run out and resign the two coordinators.

waving monkey

Reaction score

No there is not and I am foggy brained this morning ,my bad
however I am not sur ethat Garrett is not on board with the
Gregory,Hardy pick and signs

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
A list....sorry I dont have the list. I can only go on what has been reported through the league from their investigation and the facts of the case. Which stated multiple automatic weapons on the bed that he threw his girlfriend on. After he was choking her and telling her he was going to kill her.

Im sure that is what Garrett meant by the RKG.

But as I stated, I loved the signing. Hell of a football player.

Hardy was arrested on Tuesday and charged with domestic violence stemming from an incident with 24-year-old Nicole Holder, a woman with whom he's had a relationship since September. Holder said in the arrest warrant that Hardy threw her on a couch with 25 to 30 firearms on it, "AK-47s, automatic looking weapons shotguns, rifles and pistols."

"Some are permitted and some are not," she said in the statement.

The weapons turned over by Hardy were, according to police: a Tavor SAR, L1A1 Sporter, POF P-415, ISSC MK-22, SSAR SBS, ISSC MK-22, Highlander, Century Arms Inc. AK 149, Mossberg 590, and Benelli M-4."

learn to read.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is my understanding of RKG as well.

name 1 cowboy on the team today, or even i the last 10 years, who had automatic weapons.

i'll wait. just not expect a reply that makes sense.

I cant speak for any other Cowboys. Certainly none got arrested. Not sure what any of that has to do with anything. Waiting on that now............

Wheeltax

Reaction score
Maybe this will help. Straight from the Ginger's mouth.

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said he wants players with ego. But the right kind of ego.

“Ego in the context of what we’re trying to accomplish as a team,” he said Saturday at a high school football camp at Cowboys Stadium. He was asked by reporters to describe the kind of player he is looking for in free agency.

“We’re looking for the right kind of guy,” he said. “The right kind of guy, to us, is someone who loves to play football, who is very passionate about it, willing to work hard at it, willing to be part of a team, willing to be part of something that is maybe greater than himself.

“We want a guy who has an ego. Egos are important. But ego in the context of what we’re trying to accomplish as a team. Guys who are willing to work, are great teammates – there’s always going to be a place for those guys.”

waving monkey

Reaction score
cowboyboy is saying hardy had all these "automatic" weapons laying around. simply put, i seriously doubt it. to even own one means to apply for a permit from the government to do so and they will heavily scrutinize your past and put you through the ringer before allowing *anyone* to own an "automatic" weapon. so i'm simply asking how he knows these are "automatic" or if he's just blithering standard, uneducated lines.

but this is borderline a no-no in here so i'll drop it now.

I got it

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I wouldn't call Jason a puppet just because he doesn't get to make every decision in the building. We have had some success working with guys with off-the-field issues before. It's really about whether they want to be the RKG.

I would say he is certainly less of a puppet then Wade was. Doesnt have as much control as Parcells. In between I would say.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hardy was arrested on Tuesday and charged with domestic violence stemming from an incident with 24-year-old Nicole Holder, a woman with whom he's had a relationship since September. Holder said in the arrest warrant that Hardy threw her on a couch with 25 to 30 firearms on it, "AK-47s, automatic looking weapons shotguns, rifles and pistols."

The weapons turned over by Hardy were, according to police: a Tavor SAR, L1A1 Sporter, POF P-415, ISSC MK-22, SSAR SBS, ISSC MK-22, Highlander, Century Arms Inc. AK 149, Mossberg 590, and Benelli M-4."

learn to read.
LOL..............

learn to read.

LOL......Now that is funny. So are you saying that the fact that they werent "automatic" changes things?

Sorry, my bad. They werent automatic. LOL............he is now the RKG now.

10 guns, but none automatic. Thats hilarious.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
LOL..............

LOL......Now that is funny. So are you saying that the fact that they werent "automatic" changes things?

the fact you don't know the difference yet spew out misinformation tells me all i need to know. you were checked, proven wrong in your accusation, and now you giggle as if it doesn't matter, he still had a mean old big bad gun.

i never said jack crap about RKG - you did. i simply said you can't back up the crap you say.

and you didn't.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
LOL......you are right, I simply dont understand what right kind of guy is. If a women beater/automatic weapons, drunk driver/kill your best friend, bi polar/pot head are all the right type of guys, then I guess I simply dont get it. LOL

If those are the right kind of guys, then maybe you can explain to me what a RKG is. Waiting................Im all ears...................

Yes. You simply don't get it. It's fine though. Everything is ok.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
LOL..............

They are legally owned guns. Shoot I could find several in mine right now.