Harold Landry

Blitzen

Reaction score
Thoughts on this prospect? I'm actually all for drafting him if he is available (which is possible with all the QB action likely to happen in the top half of the 1st). I would take him over any of the linebackers likely to fall to 19 or any of the wide receivers.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Thoughts on this prospect? I'm actually all for drafting him if he is available (which is possible with all the QB action likely to happen in the top half of the 1st). I would take him over any of the linebackers likely to fall to 19 or any of the wide receivers.
A liability against the run but a terror against the pass. Needs to bulk up reminds me of Osi Yumanyura in his prime.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Dude's a monster, and for that reason will likely be gone in the top 15. Would have to trade up for him.

Since we've got multiple 4ths, I'd consider giving up our 3rd for him.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Dude's a monster, and for that reason will likely be gone in the top 15. Would have to trade up for him.

Since we've got multiple 4ths, I'd consider giving up our 3rd for him.

Everyone says stuff like that because of how pass rushers go. Not everyone can go in the top 20 picks. If you want one of the top 5 QB's you will need to get them in the top 15 picks. Someone will fall, just don't know who till draft day. Even if he does go before 19, there will be a blue chip player fall to Dallas.

cowboyec

Reaction score
if he gets to 19,it would be hard to pass him.
while I think DLaw gets a deal,it is no guarantee.
with Taco and Landry,that makes losing DLaw(if we cant come to terms) much more manageable.
I think he goes to GB or Sea.....I still believe our pick will be Calvin Ridley,DaRon Payne or James Daniels.

bpfred

Reaction score
If the Cowboys go defense, my preference would be:
Taven Bryan, Leighton Vander Esch, Harold Landry, or Vita Vea. Personally, I would be really happy with any of the four. I am not at all sure any of the four will be there at 19.

I am not nearly as comfortable with Rashad Evans or Da'Ron Payne. I have concerns about the productivity of both, and the physical ability of Evans.

If the Cowboys go OL in the first, my preference would be Nelson, Wynn, Daniels, Hernandez. I'm guessing two or three may be available at 19.

If the Cowboys go WR in the first, my preference is Ridley.

My concern with DJ Moore: He is built like a running back and plays receiver kind of like a running back would. By far his most success at Maryland was with screens, drag routes, and slants. He's really good after the catch, and breaks tackles. He was an average college receiver with intermediate and deeper routes.

I think what the Cowboys need in a receiver is someone that can threaten down the field and get the safety out of the box. Ridley had far more success down the field.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Soft.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Everyone says stuff like that because of how pass rushers go. Not everyone can go in the top 20 picks. If you want one of the top 5 QB's you will need to get them in the top 15 picks. Someone will fall, just don't know who till draft day. Even if he does go before 19, there will be a blue chip player fall to Dallas.
He'll go top 15

Blitzen

Reaction score
He'll go top 15

Hopefully you guys are wrong and he somehow slips. Green Bay may like Davenport or a corner or safety. They might want to think about an offensive lineman considering what happened this past season. I think Baltimore may pick Ridley. I'm hoping that one of them will trade down with New England and it messes up the board enough for him to fall.