Harold Landry

DanA

Reaction score
I wouldn't consider a DE in this draft unless it's a guy that falls like Jonathan Allen where the value is too good to pass up. I get that it's a high-value position, but right at this minute we've got a heck of a lot of options in front of a DE that's drafted.

Until Irving, Lawrence, Crawford's, Tapper, Taco and Gregory are clearer in terms of what we've got and who's sticking around. I don't want to see major investment in the position. It's a problem for next offseason. This season we've got to put out the fires at LB, DT, OG and safety.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I wouldn't consider a DE in this draft unless it's a guy that falls like Jonathan Allen where the value is too good to pass up. I get that it's a high-value position, but right at this minute we've got a heck of a lot of options in front of a DE that's drafted.

Until Irving, Lawrence, Crawford's, Tapper, Taco and Gregory are clearer in terms of what we've got and who's sticking around. I don't want to see major investment in the position. It's a problem for next offseason. This season we've got to put out the fires at LB, DT, OG and safety.

Would you not put Landry in that category? We don't have a single pass rusher on the roster like him.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Would you not put Landry in that category? We don't have a single pass rusher on the roster like him.

Totally agree he is what every 4-3 team looks for in a speed rushing RE, and I said this a week or so ago he is a guy who isn't being talked about enough that should not be available at 19 but if he is he is a guy you need to take IMO.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
if he gets to 19,it would be hard to pass him.
while I think DLaw gets a deal,it is no guarantee.
with Taco and Landry,that makes losing DLaw(if we cant come to terms) much more manageable.
I think he goes to GB or Sea.....I still believe our pick will be Calvin Ridley,DaRon Payne or James Daniels.
They seem to limit the snap count for our DL. Demarcus Lawrence got 700 snaps. Just under 70% . To me there is more than enough room for Lawrence, Taco and Landry. And skill set wise the compliment each other well.

Landry has potential to be a Leo as well

Gaede

Reaction score
They seem to limit the snap count for our DL. Demarcus Lawrence got 700 snaps. Just under 70% . To me there is more than enough room for Lawrence, Taco and Landry. And skill set wise the compliment each other well.

Landry has potential to be a Leo as well

And Lawrence is on a one year deal. If they didn't sign him long term after last year, I don't see them doing it when he's one year older.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
At worst I can see us utilizing Landry like the way Seattle utilized Bruce Irvin. I mean, Kyle Wilbur was seeing snaps at DE at one point. Why not a guy that actually has pass rush ability?

visionary

Reaction score
I'll be ok with Landry s long as we go 1T in rd she 2 or 3 or FA

Prime21

Reaction score
I went and watched some highlights of him and noticed they were almost all when he was rushing against the RT not the LT that is typically the better pass protector. Not sure how concerning that should be given his production and measurables.

He has elite get off, agility, and dip we have not seen since DWare. Wish he was stronger for the run game but it is a passing league. Should be fine with a year or two in a pro strength training program.

Better than Davenport imo. If he is there at 19 he is most likely BPA. I think he goes to Green Bay though.

mcduff

Reaction score
An elite pass-rusher is priceless. If he had came out last year he would have been an easy top 10 maybe top 5. A rotation of 4-5 pressure ends will make the whole defense so much better i.e. the last championship Giants.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Well prepare to be flabbergasted.

I recalled this today after he got injured. I am positive that the Cowboys had these grand plans where Randy Gregory overcame and started playing great RDE, so why waste a pick since that position would belong to Randy.

JJ just cannot resist redemption stories. Marinelli’s draft input was always terrible. LVE’s neck condition was green lighted when most GM’s took him off the board till after the 3rd round. But they already had taken Jaylon. And they were prepared to extend both Jaylon and Randy. It makes more sense when so many important decisions are made filtered through a fifth of whiskey.