Harry Potter Movie

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I saw the movie on Friday and I have to say if you've read the book then most likely you will not like the movie. There are so many changes it's not even close. of my 5 kids 2 have read the book and they didn't like the movie (We all thought the graphics and special effects where great) the others did. If I had it to do over again I'd wait till the DVD comes out.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jksmith269 said:
I saw the movie on Friday and I have to say if you've read the book then most likely you will not like the movie. There are so many changes it's not even close. of my 5 kids 2 have read the book and they didn't like the movie (We all thought the graphics and special effects where great) the others did. If I had it to do over again I'd wait till the DVD comes out.

I always wait for the DVDs.

One always has to consider that after her first two books she wrote extremely long books..and it is hard to fit all of that into a movie.

Things change some for cinematic reasons..to shorten the story down.

Much of the background info that really drives the books are left out.

I thought after the first two books that the Goblet of Fire would be the one that would make the best movie because of the translation of action scenes in the book.

However I think the next two (order of the phoenix and half blood prince) seem like they would not translate into good movies...but we will wait and see.

It is a VERY rare thing that a movie is even close to being as good as the book...I think Some of Stephen Kings books/movies come close but even they leave out things.

Either way I will still buy it when it comes out on DVD.