Has anyone confirmed what we received in exchange for Shanle?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
That ESPN article was up at noon our time that is not exactly late at night. The very first report states that it was conditional. And the Philips report was at 6.

I think it could be theyre all right.

hey, I hope they're right, I just don't know

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Dallas31 said:
a 4th was erroneously reported....

it was a 7th....and that makes a lot more sense if you think about it.

Peyton knew we got Shanle cheap...he wasn't gonna give up much for him.
And what is your source for this information? You state it quite convincingly but you fail to tell where you got the info.

Smith22

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
And what is your source for this information? You state it quite convincingly but you fail to tell where you got the info.

Vela says the same thing over at thebloysblog, his sources confirmed it was for a 7th.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
It has to be a 7th rounder.
I could see it being a 6th.
But not a 4th.
No way.
They could've easily had Singleton or a number of more talented and more experienced players around the league for a 4th.
Maybe they would rather have a younger guy with more potential than to have an old washed up guy on his last legs. Shanle has talent; he is a good player who is just reaching his peak. He is too small for a 3-4 which is why he is not making this team. He was actually better filling in for Singleton when we played in a 4-3 which is what NO runs and the HC and DC in NO were here to see that. Maybe their evaluation of him is different than yours.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
As of right now ESPN is still reporting that its a 4th round pick via Pasquarelli and Dallascowboys.com Rob Phillips is reporting its a 7th.

If you call one or the other true confirmation then fine but I still say its up in the air as to what the truth is.

Its possible they might both be right. It could be a a conditional pick based on playing time and and stats that might make it a 4th pick. If those conditions aren't met be he is still on the roster, its a 7th rd pick. Just a thought

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Maybe they would rather have a younger guy with more potential than to have an old washed up guy on his last legs. Shanle has talent; he is a good player who is just reaching his peak. He is too small for a 3-4 which is why he is not making this team. He was actually better filling in for Singleton when we played in a 4-3 which is what NO runs and the HC and DC in NO were here to see that. Maybe their evaluation of him is different than yours.

how can you say that when Shanle only started 3 games in the 4-3?

DallasInDC

Reaction score
RockyMountainFan said:
Saints don't want it public they gave a 4th for Shanle.
Great trade!

It's going to be real difficult for them to keep it a secret. esecially when the seasons over and the draft slotting comes out.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Smith22 said:
Vela says the same thing over at thebloysblog, his sources confirmed it was for a 7th.
I'm not saying that it is not a 7th. I would just like to see an official statement from a team official since there is some conflicting stories out there. Vela is good and usuall has good information...and he agrees with Spags so it is probably correct. I don't know why these teams all have this "undisclosed" draft pick trades. Why don't they just tell us what the damn deal is?

Smith22

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I'm not saying that it is not a 7th. I would just like to see an official statement from a team official since there is some conflicting stories out there. Vela is good and usuall has good information...and he agrees with Spags so it is probably correct. I don't know why these teams all have this "undisclosed" draft pick trades. Why don't they just tell us what the damn deal is?

I hear ya, especially the last part.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
how can you say that when Shanle only started 3 games in the 4-3?
He played better than Singleton had been playing when he filled in those 3 games; they were his best performances. Plus he had other playing time on some special packages where he played well.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
He played better than Singleton had been playing when he filled in those 3 games; they were his best performances. Plus he had other playing time on some special packages where he played well.

I still don't see how he was doing better than Singleton

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
JackMagist said:

Cause pending physicals the deal isnt final.

Wonder what theyre saying at the saints board.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I still don't see how he was doing better than Singleton
That was my opinion at the time and I still stand by it. You may have viewed it differently. I suppose it is a subjective opinion in our cases.

The question is; did the coaches see it the way I did or the way you did? The only answer I can offer to that question is that they at least saw enough in him to want to trade for him; be it a 4th or a 7th they still wanted him.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
That was my opinion at the time and I still stand by it. You may have viewed it differently. I suppose it is a subjective opinion in our cases.

it is, I respect your opinion though, I just saw our D w/ Singleton out of the lineup last year

Jack Magist said:
The question is; did the coaches see it the way I did or the way you did? The only answer I can offer to that question is that they at least saw enough in him to want to trade for him; be it a 4th or a 7th they still wanted him.

I think we could get more than for Singleton than Shanle, but again, it's my differing opinion

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Cause pending physicals the deal isnt final.

Wonder what theyre saying at the saints board.
I suppose there is something to the physical thing but we disclosed what we were offering for that slug WR that failed our physical even before he took it. Why would this be any different?

Oh well, I guess the true details will come out in a few days.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
it is, I respect your opinion though, I just saw our D w/ Singleton out of the lineup last year
I agree last year our D went way south when Singleton went out but that isn't really the issue here since Shanle didn't replace Al last year Fujita did. The only real comparison would have to be those games in the 4-3. Especially when it comes to their value to NO where they are running a 4-3.

I think we could get more than for Singleton than Shanle, but again, it's my differing opinion
Singleton is starting to get old and has had some injuries each of the last two years. Shanle is younger, has less wear and tear on him and has more upside. Maybe Singleton's experience adds value but I wouldn't offer more for him if I were a GM. But it is all in the eye of the beholder.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I suppose there is something to the physical thing but we disclosed what we were offering for that slug WR that failed our physical even before he took it. Why would this be any different?

Oh well, I guess the true details will come out in a few days.

And this is really a different subject but if that guy is worth a 6th then Shanle should be worth just as much. Shanle at least ahs started and is good at all facets of ST.

MRTRIPOD

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
with the way we seem to be scoring on our 7ths, I'm happy w/ this move

something, at a position in the draft we tend to do well at, for someone who was going to be cut anyways

and NO looks to be bad this year, or at least IMO, so high 7th, even better :)

GREAT POINT!

HIGH 7th

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
And this is really a different subject but if that guy is worth a 6th then Shanle should be worth just as much. Shanle at least ahs started and is good at all facets of ST.
I agree completely.