Has anything good happened this offseason yet

Blackrain

Reaction score
Maybe I have missed something but it seems like this offseason is even a bigger disaster than most.
I've been waiting for something positive to happen but I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.
We are lied to by our ownership telling us we're going to go all in and we do just the opposite.

We used to be able to at least sign our own guys.

The price we have to pay for a quarterback seems to make it impossible to compete in free agency not that we necessarily would anyway even if we had the money.

If I'm back Dak I'm using some of that big paycheck to buy some heavy duty insurance since I've made it impossible for us to have an offensive line I would at least get medical protection

I'm thinking this might be a good time to take a break from the Cowboys and just wait for the draft maybe something good will happen there.
In the meantime I'll be waiting in anxious anticipation of our next tight end or injured player taken in the second round.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No! Lazy management at its best. It's not like Dak's massive cap issues just dropped in Stephen and Jerry's lap. They have known for years this issue would need addressing/attention yet it appears they have waited until the last minute with no solid plan. They should have plans A,B and C each with deadlines/timelines to resolve this by March 13 or no later than the draft.

What you think would happen to a conventional GM who is accountable to his owner/boss in this situation? I'll tell ya.....his a___would be fired faster than a NY min (LOL).

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Maybe I have missed something but it seems like this offseason is even a bigger disaster than most.
I've been waiting for something positive to happen but I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.
We are lied to by our ownership telling us we're going to go all in and we do just the opposite.

The price we have to pay for a quarterback seems to make it impossible to compete in free agency not that we necessarily would anyway even if we had the money.

If I'm back Dak I'm using some of that big paycheck to buy some heavy duty insurance since I've made it impossible for us to have an offensive line I would at least get medical protection

I'm thinking this might be a good time to take a break from the Cowboys and just wait for the draft maybe something good will happen there.
In the meantime I'll be waiting in anxious anticipation of our next tight end or injured player taken in the second round.
yes we learned a new phrase "all in" and to realize that what you hear, isn't what it's going to turn out to be!!!!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Well we are being teased that Dak will have his final curtain call next year, so this is as close to good news as there will be

Blackrain

Reaction score
yes we learned a new phrase "all in" and to realize that what you hear, isn't what it's going to turn out to be!!!!
Yep coogs that's kind of the last straw for me for a little while till the draft at least.
I'm tired of being lied to this team is not my Dallas Cowboys they wear my team's uniform but they are not the Dallas Cowboys in any way shape or form they are Jerry Jones money making machine.

This isn't the team I grew up idolizing it's the exact opposite Jerry's got some girl knocked up Dak is being accused of some other off field crap.

All people talk about is how bad the culture is with this team how soft they are how money hungry they are.

At this point in my fan Hood they just wear my teams Jersey other than Ferguson and the kicker I struggle to find someone I really like on the team.
Conversely in my youth I would have to think hard to find someone I didn't like on the team.

Just a sad State of affairs what Jerry and his son have done is a criminal act to the fan hood of the Dallas Cowboys

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep coogs that's kind of the last straw for me for a little while till the draft at least.
I'm tired of being lied to this team is not my Dallas Cowboys they wear my team's uniform but they are not the Dallas Cowboys in any way shape or form they are Jerry Jones money making machine.

This isn't the team I grew up idolizing it's the exact opposite Jerry's got some girl knocked up Dak is being accused of some other off field crap.

All people talk about is how bad the culture is with this team how soft they are how many hungry they are.

At this point in my fan Hood they just wear my teens Jersey other than Ferguson and the kicker I struggle to find someone I really like on the team.
Conversely in my youth I would have to think hard to find someone I didn't like on the team.

Just a sad State of affairs what Jerry and his son have done is a criminal act to the fan hood of the Dallas Cowboys
Yes up to today Dak Prescott is without an extension.
Best piece of news for the Future of our franchise!
Great off-season as its starting look like were going out with the inept old and in with some NEW talent.

Blackrain

Reaction score
No! Lazy management at its best. It's not like Dak's massive cap issues just dropped in Stephen and Jerry's lap. They have known for years this issue would need addressing/attention yet it appears they have waited until the last minute with no solid plan. They should have plans A,B and C each with deadlines/timelines to resolve this by March 13 or no later than the draft.

What you think would happen to a conventional GM who is accountable to his owner/boss in this situation? I'll tell ya.....his a___would be fired faster than a NY min (LOL).
It's a great post Hawkeye they're just seems like there is absolutely no plan whatsoever to make us competitive next year.

It's just like we went from a 12 and 5 season to Daks cap number is so high that we're not even going to try to compete and win but we're going to lie to the fan base and say we're all in when really we're not going to do anything to try and get better we're just going to let the cards fall where they may

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

All people talk about is how bad the culture is with this team how soft they are how money hungry they are.

At this point in my fan Hood they just wear my teams Jersey other than Ferguson and the kicker I struggle to find someone I really like on the team.

Sucks to hear us speak like that, but they don't care why should we!!? I love that you love Ferguson, but who's to say in a few years he doesn't turn out to be too big for the game and have an ego as well/get a huge contract

Kingofholland

Reaction score

I think you'll see some other adds in the 2nd or 3rd free agency wave before the draft. Won't be huge signings, but guys that fill holes and will compete for critical roles. Overall, its been a pretty unexciting offseason thus far.

What good has happened?

-Change in defensive coaching and hopefully that brings more discipline.
-They didn't pay average players big contracts to stay, which aren't always easy decisions, but important ones as you search for upgrades.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Dak was extended and that gave us about 5 million in cap space, so there's that!