Has anything good happened this offseason yet

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's a great post Hawkeye they're just seems like there is absolutely no plan whatsoever to make us competitive next year.

It's just like we went from a 12 and 5 season to Daks cap number is so high that we're not even going to try to compete and win but we're going to lie to the fan base and say we're all in when really we're not going to do anything to try and get better we're just going to let the cards fall where they may
It's just no excuse for them to be as unprepared as they appear to be. Like I said in another thread, maybe we will hear something in the next few weeks that explains everything.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
We have seen countless good things happen in the off season over the last 28 years and it always ends up with the same disappointment. I'm well past the point of not really caring that much on what happens, good or bad, in the off season knowing full well what the outcome will be.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Maybe I have missed something but it seems like this offseason is even a bigger disaster than most.
I've been waiting for something positive to happen but I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.
We are lied to by our ownership telling us we're going to go all in and we do just the opposite.

We used to be able to at least sign our own guys.

The price we have to pay for a quarterback seems to make it impossible to compete in free agency not that we necessarily would anyway even if we had the money.

If I'm back Dak I'm using some of that big paycheck to buy some heavy duty insurance since I've made it impossible for us to have an offensive line I would at least get medical protection

I'm thinking this might be a good time to take a break from the Cowboys and just wait for the draft maybe something good will happen there.
In the meantime I'll be waiting in anxious anticipation of our next tight end or injured player taken in the second round.
Signing a true linebacker is a good thing. Yes, Kendricks is older and is worn down some from what he used to be, but he's an upgrade to what we've got, especially with LVE's career coming to an end. We wanted a better run defense. Hiring Zimmer will help with that simply because he doesn't use as much shifting as Quinn, but we needed some help in the middle as well and Kendricks will provide that. Of course, the DT question marks could mean that he's constantly got a lineman on him, allowing offenses to continue to exploit the middle of the D.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Signing a true linebacker is a good thing. Yes, Kendricks is older and is worn down some from what he used to be, but he's an upgrade to what we've got, especially with LVE's career coming to an end. We wanted a better run defense. Hiring Zimmer will help with that simply because he doesn't use as much shifting as Quinn, but we needed some help in the middle as well and Kendricks will provide that. Of course, the DT question marks could mean that he's constantly got a lineman on him, allowing offenses to continue to exploit the middle of the D.
Okay I'll give you that one it's definitely not a bad thing but probably not the best thing that we could have done kind of a Band-Aid but at this point I guess we should be happy with anything

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Okay I'll give you that one it's definitely not a bad thing but probably not the best thing that we could have done kind of a Band-Aid but at this point I guess we should be happy with anything
Band-Aids are all we get. I hope we at least try a few more rather than trying nothing.

Loso86

Reaction score
Maybe I have missed something but it seems like this offseason is even a bigger disaster than most.
I've been waiting for something positive to happen but I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.
We are lied to by our ownership telling us we're going to go all in and we do just the opposite.

The price we have to pay for a quarterback seems to make it impossible to compete in free agency not that we necessarily would anyway even if we had the money.

If I'm back Dak I'm using some of that big paycheck to buy some heavy duty insurance since I've made it impossible for us to have an offensive line I would at least get medical protection

I'm thinking this might be a good time to take a break from the Cowboys and just wait for the draft maybe something good will happen there.
In the meantime I'll be waiting in anxious anticipation of our next tight end or injured player taken in the second round.
It's honestly the same every year

rambo2

Reaction score

In the meantime I'll be waiting in anxious anticipation of our next tight end or injured

player taken in the second round.
Was last year a disaster?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still #1 in whiney fans.
And rightfully so, in some cases.
Other cases they still turn a positive into a negative.
:popcorn:

rambo2

Reaction score
Still #1 in whiney fans.
And rightfully so, in some cases.
Other cases they still turn a positive into a negative.
:popcorn:
They complain about everything. Every single move or non move. It doesn't matter what the team does.

rambo2

Reaction score
A team with super bowl expectations, or at least NFCCG expectations, finished tied for 5th in the conference. They underachieved significantly.
The got the 2 spot. It's not a disaster. A disaster would be devastating injuries to your star players and not making the playoffs.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The got the 2 spot. It's not a disaster. A disaster would be devastating injuries to your star players and not making the playoffs.
Nearly half the league makes the playoffs these days, it's a pretty low bar to set IMO. The regular season is all about position for the playoffs so you can advance. Literally everything is about the playoffs and once you're there everything resets, that's where the real season starts for the better teams in the league. No one is saying the Cowboys had a better season than the Chiefs because they had more regular season wins and a higher playoff seed. 1st round upset to a 7 seed in a game that wasn't even competitive on either side of the ball? Major disaster.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Lot's of things have gone great! Thank God.....as for the Cowboys, not so much. But, I don't worry to much about it. Coming in here is my daily soap opera.