News: Has Dak or his agent considered a team friendly contract?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Difference is Mahomes is 24, won a super bowl and will be the highest paid player in NFL history soon.
I know the media is dying for another Mr. Aaron Rodgers media lover boy. Mahomes stunk up the Super Bowl. But he won. Who cares if it was on a Hail Mary. Personally don’t like the kid. I don’t think he’s a team player. I think he throws his player under the bus

morat1959

Reaction score
While this this trade would be a dream come true, NO team is giving up one first round pick for Dak, much less 2. Tops would be a 2 and a 4 or 5.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Although they make it that way, this isn't a contest to see who can get the most.

That's exactly what it is for the guys trying to get paid, just like the team is trying to pay as little as they can. Either way you disagreed when I said Dak's deal had not reached his contemporaries and now you are backtracking and saying it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
That's exactly what it is for the guys trying to get paid, just like the team is trying to pay as little as they can. Either way you disagreed when I said Dak's deal had not reached his contemporaries and now you are backtracking and saying it doesn't matter.
Huh? What?

"Contemporaries?" The same age group? You think players should be paid according to their era? Then Hundley and Paxton Lynch should get big salaries, right?

Man, you're talking in circles. I have no idea what you mean by me backtracking because what you're saying isn't making sense. Go look up another word and attempt to use it in a sentence now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Comments at the bottom is typical player speak, he will want as much as he can get just like Dak and every other QB / player that doesn't have a super model for a wife. As well as money funneled to him from a business circumventing the salary cap.
Or any owner who has spent the least amount of money on contracts since 2016 but spent big money on a yacht.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Because Dak has shown that he struggles when not surrounded but top-tier talent. That talent requires money. Dak is not top-tier talent. He's average at best, he should be given a contract that matches his play. It doesn't matter if other teams were dumb and gave huge contracts to average players. What have those teams done since giving out those contracts?

How did Dak Prescott step into a "top-tier talent" team in 2016 if Tony Romo was on his massive franchise QB contract?

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
I have to repeat what I have said all off-season.

Top 3 QB’s don’t need their team to give up a first round pick to trade for a receiver to bail him out of a horrible season with a top RB and offensive line.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Huh? What?

"Contemporaries?" The same age group? You think players should be paid according to their era? Then Hundley and Paxton Lynch should get big salaries, right?

Man, you're talking in circles. I have no idea what you mean by me backtracking because what you're saying isn't making sense. Go look up another word and attempt to use it in a sentence now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now you nitpicking a word. Peers, equals, whatever word you want to use, Dak had not been offered a deal in that range. I even named the qbs I was referring to so not sure where the confusion came from.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3rplm4.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
While this this trade would be a dream come true, NO team is giving up one first round pick for Dak, much less 2. Tops would be a 2 and a 4 or 5.

lol. Same for Romo back in the day by the same criteria used for Dak.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I have to repeat what I have said all off-season.

Top 3 QB’s don’t need their team to give up a first round pick to trade for a receiver to bail him out of a horrible season with a top RB and offensive line.

How did Aikman do without his #1 wr Michael Irvin? lol.

visionary

Reaction score
I'm sure they've considered it as much as the team has considered a player-friendly one.

It's also worth mentioning: comparing him to Mahomes is dumb for many reasons.

First, Mahomes got 1st round money already at least. He signed a 4 year, 16-something million dollar contract. Dak signed a 4 year, 4-something million dollar rookie contract. Mahomes made more doing nothing as a rookie than we paid Dak in his entire 4-year contract. Mahomes has already been compensated much more fairly.

Second, Mahomes is still years away from being at the point Dak is at -- the team controls him for a couple more seasons before they even have to sign him or tag him. Teams who extend players years early, like if the Chiefs did that right now, typically pay less money because the player has less leverage and is willingly trading some money in exchange for getting his payday earlier just for the peace of mind and for the immediate gratification (not to mention the time value of money).

Third, Mahomes can say whatever he wants to say, just like Dak arguably said all the right things too (explaining why our idiot fans all assumed we'd be able to browbeat him into accepting less than he's worth). Until Mahomes signs anything, comparing Dak to the hypothetical team-friendly deal you think Mahomes might sign in this fictional scenario is stupid.

Fourth: Mahomes was the son of a professional athlete who made multiple millions of dollars. His relationship to money might bear no resemblance to Dak's, who grew up with a single mom whose earning potential wasn't the same as Mahomes' dad. It's the reason why unpaid internships used as entry points in industries create an unfair advantage for rich kids, because people who have no concept of needing to make money or provide thanks to their rich parents, can afford to work for peanuts without it affecting their quality of life. Mahomes has wealthy family and has already made many times what Dak has made.

Fifth: Mahomes off-field earning potential is higher so he can afford to take less from the team and make it back more easily. He's more visually distinct, like a cartoon, so he has a higher ceiling based just on being recognizable and having a more distinct look. Second, he doesn't have a local fanbase that hates him for cosmetic reasons the way our fans tend to hate people who possess the trait Dak has. So even if their national advertising income chances were comparable, Mahomes will rake in more local money if he chooses simply because his fanbase isn't a dumpster fire of toxic grossness.

you forgot the 2 mint important reasons no one should compare Dak and Mahomes

1. Mahomes is twice the QB Dak is

2. Mahomes won a SB in his second year starting meanwhile Dak has won 1 playoff game in 4 years starting

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
I wonder if this is about "respect" for Dak. He's hearing all the doubters and he feels like anything short of a top contract is admission that he's not top tier quality. The dude needs to accept the current reality, he's not top tier, at least not yet. Take a short term, team friendly contract and prove yourself. You had the opportunity last year and choked, don't expect the team to pony up yet.

yep, 35 mill/year just sounds disrespectful to me

:facepalm:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yes, I can! This how you get team friendly deals...
Wake up brother,, there are no team friendly deals from any players in this league that can actually help a team.
Just ask their agents.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Mahomes is twice the QB Dak is 2. Mahomes won a SB in his second year starting meanwhile Dak has won 1 playoff game in 4 years starting
Winning a Superbowl doesn't make a quarterback better than one who didn't lol. (See Dan Marino) That's an asinine comment. Mahomes had great coaching as most teams that win Superbowls do.

Mahomes had a Cinderella season just as Roethlisberger did in 2007. Big Ben remains the youngest Quarterback to ever win a Superbowl. And he's done so in playing in the NFL for only two years as well.

The two remain the ONLY quarterbacks to win a Superbowl at a very young age in only two years of playing in the NFL. How dare you put Dak in that category.

3rqhky.jpg