Has Dak Prescott shown enough for Dallas to sign long term?

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think the better question would be
Has Dak shown enough to warrant paying him 40 mil a season or even 35 mil?

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Considering Dak has stated he doesn't want a long term deal (maybe that has changed) in the past, I don't see how he gets signed.

I'd rather after this season, blow it all up. Keep who they have too cause of cap reasons, and bring in new blood. Obviously they can't gut the team, but, new blood is needed.

kevm3

Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence going from the well coached Clemson coming to the Dallas Cowboys is going to be a shock, just like it was for CeeDee. Won't take long for him to settle into the comfortable mediocrity that is the Cowboys. A new QB won't fix the cowboys.

I don't know if Dak is the QB after this season especially with the Cowboys paying Jaylon Smith, Tank Lawrence among others who are now part of the worst defense in Cowboys history. Zeke also gets a historically large contract. Why would I take a paycut if I'm Dak to 'surround myself with talent' when Stephen Jones hasn't shown he will actually do anything in free agency and we're still losing? Dak could very well get paid more than the Cowboys are willing to offer and also win.

GM/FO is the problem and until we actually get a real GM, we're going to see this same game of revolving chairs

jnday

Reaction score
Which players will be available and worth the money we would save by getting rid of Dak and getting a bargain basement QB? Hopefully you have a better list of defenders than the current bums stealing money by getting an on the field ticket to watch a football game.

I mean, I hope Dak can escape this team but I am interested in where these defenders are going to come from.
If they pay Dak, it doesn’t matter. They won.’the be able to afford them anyway.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If they pay Dak, it doesn’t matter. They won.’the be able to afford them anyway.
Let's say they don't pay Dak. Who are the players you want to distribute the money to instead of Dak? Almost every player on the team is overpaid already. Someone on the team has to get paid the money and there will surely be complaints about that player. There is a salary cap floor. How do we meet it without paying any players big money?

erod

Reaction score
After last year I argued not to sign Dak long term. My main reasoning was I didn’t know if it was Dak or the talent around him.... that question has been solved. Pay that man!
Yes he has.

$25 million a year.

Not a penny more.

erod

Reaction score
Let's say they don't pay Dak. Who are the players you want to distribute the money to instead of Dak? Almost every player on the team is overpaid already. Someone on the team has to get paid the money and there will surely be complaints about that player. There is a salary cap floor. How do we meet it without paying any players big money?
If they're intent on paying Dak massive money, they need to get smart.

Trade Gallup right now. They can't pay both him and CeeDee if they pay Dak, so Gallup would probably fetch a first-round pick next year.

When you pay your quarterback, he has to carry lesser players on his back. That's part of the deal.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If they're intent on paying Dak massive money, they need to get smart.

Trade Gallup right now. They can't pay both him and CeeDee if they pay Dak, so Gallup would probably fetch a first-round pick next year.

When you pay your quarterback, he has to carry lesser players on his back. That's part of the deal.
Looks like we have a team full of lesser players already.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And if you sign Dak for $40 million per year, you always will.
I know. Same thing was said when Romo was extended. I guess the people saying it were right and you will probably turn out to be right too. Want to make a friendly bet right now for $25 on the honor system? I'll bet blindly that if Dak leaves, we won't win with his replacement either, whoever that replacement turns out to be. You feel confident getting rid of Dak is a major component to building a winner that you're willing to bet $25 on the next QB?

basel90

Reaction score
Laaaaaamb

making this offense look good , not to mention making dak look decent.

bewp7

Reaction score
no and it will kill this team short and long term.

they will keep having to invest more draft picks and cap space in the offense for 2 reasons.

1. dak isnt very good and does not elevate any one around him he relys on having expensive talent and

2. jerry and stephen will fell pressure to keep making the offense “dak friendly” so they dont look stupid after giving a qb like dak that kind of moneys.

if u like watching the cowboys lose 48-38 every game then i guess u should root for dak to get paid i guess. i would vote for a complete rebuild instead of try to win with this core that will never win any thing.

Cmac

Reaction score
Dak now understands why players hold out......JJ did him wrong.