Has Dak Prescott shown enough for Dallas to sign long term?

SumGuy

Reaction score
And what about the other teams defense and their fans?? Dont u think cleveland fans are saying wow our defense almost lost the game!
Atlanta fans, man if we only had a defense! Seattle our defense almost cost us the game, we need another legion of boom!

And if dallas scores 24 in 4th on cleveland , would u say their defense is pretty darn good??o_O
Or are u silly enough to think that our offense is so powerful no defense can stop us??:rolleyes:

Dak and the great offense was shut out 2 quarters in a row ! What happened there?? is that on the defense too??:D
only 2 teams were held scoreless in 2 quarters this week, dallas and NYG !! not good company is it.

you have to look beyond the stats and the 4th quarter comebacks and analyze the game as a whole.
Cleveland had a much better game plan, balanced but a little run heavy. around 40 runs, and 30 passes.
Dallas was 58 passes lol and 17 runs. This is a stupid game plan when you look at state of our off line, to have to pass block
on 60 plays!:confused:
It makes no sense to pay ewok 100 mil, and then run him 12 times a game :huh:

Thank you! I said this in another thread... why is it when another offense scores a lot on the Cowboys, it's because our Defense is so bad. But when then Cowboys score a lot on another Defense, it's because our offense (and Dak) are so great? The fact is, Atlanta and Browns both have horrific defenses. And still it took blow-out soft-coverage situations for Dak to be able to post these "record-breaking" numbers. So maybe our offense isn't as great as you want to believe, and the defenses we are playing are almost as bad as ours?

With that said, Dak is a decent quarterback, maybe worth a long-term contract.... but at the right price, meaning NOT elite money.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Are you really going to compare last year season with Jason Garrett. When the team quit on him. This year as we just suck

team quit on who? Garret? So when they went into Philly late in the year with a playoff spot on the line. They quit? Maybe they did maybe they didn’t... but then isn’t that a partial reflection on the leadership?

that was a bad philly team practically asking us to take the division from them. We didn’t.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Let’s see what happens when the Cap goes down and Dak still wants the same amount. Another tag?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah, all I hear is poor dak screw the cowboys, get your money stat prescott smh..

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If I am Dak, I take the ball and go play for another team. The Cowboys are a train wreck and not likely to get better any time soon.

If Dak goes and play for another watch him excel and possibly take that team further than what the Cowboys can do.

He will leave this team into shambles for another 10 years.

Expect more of the same but worst.

Dak is the only player right now worth paying. Besides, I rather have Jerry pay him than any of the scrubs that we have now.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Pay him for what? Yes, he is putting up personal stats but this year Dallas' record is 1-3.....last year Dak put up great personal stats but Dallas' record was 8-8.

Over the last 28 games, the Dak led Dallas Cowboys have a record of 12 Wins and 16 Losses.

While his personal stats may jump out the team record does not and ultimately the job of a QB is to help lead the team to Wins, not personal stats.

Football is the ultimate team sport. This defense is giving up record numbers. How do you overcome that?

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
After last year I argued not to sign Dak long term. My main reasoning was I didn’t know if it was Dak or the talent around him.... that question has been solved. Pay that man!

If I was Dak, I would sign the tag for $38million next year then bounce. He's shown me more growth and improvement to where we should have signed him before Zeke and D'Law. Our fan base is treating this 4th round draft pick like he's another one of these 1st round disappointments that litter the NFL. We treated another undrafted free agent QB like crap as well. Our "fans" don't realize how lucky we're been with our last two QB's. We struck gold with an UFA in Romo and got lucky again in the 4th round for goodness sake in Dak. But, I'm gonna let y'all continue.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Dak couldn't get us to the playoffs in the worst division in the NFL last season. This season he isn't the main problem by a mile, but we're still 1-3 and should be 0-4. Do I think Dak is good? Sure...he's good. Does it really make sense to add another bloated contract on a team with a defense that is total trash and a FO that stubbornly refuses to believe anything is wrong? No. You literally have to ask Dak/Dalton/Anyone to go score on every possession.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
Dak and his agent would be foolish to sign a long-term deal with the Cowboys.

If they’re smart, which I think they are based on how they have valued his worth, they will only play for the Cowboys under the tag again next year and then sign a long-term deal with a team that is well-managed.

New England would be a perfect fit.

**This is what I'm saying here**

Watch how long it will take for us to get a competent QB in here then. I can see it now: Our OL gets shored up, defense gets better but we have a HIGH ROUND bust at QB!! Dak, get your bread and get out of here! Bless his heart.

sacase

Reaction score
I don't think the debate is if we should sign him. I think that everyone is on board with that. The debate is at what price. 25 mil? 30 mil? 35 mil? 40 mil? That's what people have a problem with. Many think the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

basel90

Reaction score
Pay him but at the right price . 35-40 mil with all the deficiencies on this team is very risky . But we have seen the FO not pay appropriate money on talent time and again . So unless they pay for value , it won’t result in SB .

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Pay him but at the right price . 35-40 mil with all the deficiencies on this team is very risky . But we have seen the FO not pay appropriate money on talent time and again . So unless they pay for value , it won’t result in SB .

If they get him to sign a long term (5 years or more ) the cap hits the first 2-3 years will be waaaay less than 35-40 million. So they could certainly do it and in doing so create cap room to sign some more talent. If Dak and his agent are still insisting on a 3 year deal which will hamstring the team capwise for the entirety of the deal then they are basically saying we don't care if the team sucks around us we just want our money. I have a problem with that. For all the smack people have talked about the Jaylon, Coop, Zeke and Tank contracts all of them were for at least 5 years (which helps with the cap) and all feature clauses to let the team get out from under them by year 3 if the guy falls off a cliff.

basel90

Reaction score
If they get him to sign a long term (5 years or more ) the cap hits the first 2-3 years will be waaaay less than 35-40 million. So they could certainly do it and in doing so create cap room to sign some more talent. If Dak and his agent are still insisting on a 3 year deal which will hamstring the team capwise for the entirety of the deal then they are basically saying we don't care if the team sucks around us we just want our money. I have a problem with that. For all the smack people have talked about the Jaylon, Coop, Zeke and Tank contracts all of them were for at least 5 years (which helps with the cap) and all feature clauses to let the team get out from under them by year 3 if the guy falls off a cliff.
very true and that is the issue with dak and his agent. they lacked the flexibility . and his agent go fired because he was making ridiculous demands on a team with much much higher needs.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
"screw the cowboys, get your money stats prescott". that's what I hear when I listen to the excuses.

BIGS87

Reaction score
When was the last time a team won a Super Bowl when their Qb was making big money?? If we have a bad season and get a top 5/10 pick and a qb falls too us, we should really look hard into drafting a qb. Tag dak again and try and trade him, I know we won’t get a lot for him but even it’s a 2nd or 3rd round pick. They money you would use to pay Dak spend it on the defense., best chance of winning super bowl is on a qb rookie contract!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak goes and play for another watch him excel and possibly take that team further than what the Cowboys can do.

He will leave this team into shambles for another 10 years.

Expect more of the same but worst.

Dak is the only player right now worth paying. Besides, I rather have Jerry pay him than any of the scrubs that we have now.
:muttley: Thanks for the laughs......