Has NFL Explained Why Clock Never Started Until Teddy Passed The Ball At End Of Half?

Verdict

Reaction score
Very frustrating when officiating mistakes play a part in the outcome of games. Their incompetence just seems to be getting worse. If teams (not just the cowboys) lose on valid calls made by officials, so be it. But we’re seeing way too often absolutely horrendous calls made/not made that determine who wins and loses. It’s completely unacceptable.

The OPI calls on coop were bad.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I’ll put it this way; when al keep imploring that this is the last play I was surprised bc you could run a quick throw in 3 seconds.

If this game was played in dalls tho I think Sean Payton would know not to run a play tho. As there’s gray area and a clock official isn’t gonna get called to congress over some favoritism.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The OPI calls on coop were bad.
Tom benson himself would question calling a second OPI on a ticky Tack call with 30 seconds left no timeouts at the ten down 2 and all of America watching. I mean **** let the players decide it.

The more you dick around with the down and distances and chop the game up the more it becomes a math game for the coaches to figure out down distance AND TOP and field position and the less the athletes are deciding it

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Two terrible offensive PI calls. I can't ever remember seeing it called on another receiver in such a ticky tacky fashion. And the timing at the end of the half was BS...but we are better than that. If we can't overcome that in a whole half of a football we don't deserve to win. Remember, that team was without their best player.

TheHerd

Reaction score
We should have edged that game out. Elliot was down and JG should have challenged that. They gave the saints 3 points.
It was reviewed. Still blew the call. New York reviews it, so that's not surprising.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Two seconds was not credible. Three seconds is.

The right way to do this is to get a 30p or 60p video and count the frames.

That is exactly what I did. My video was 30fps so every 3 frames equals a tenth of a second elapsed. That's how I calculated my 1/10th intervals to count the time down.

What you can’t see is if his knee or hip was already down..

They weren't. The elbow was the first thing to hit the ground.