Has NFL Explained Why Clock Never Started Until Teddy Passed The Ball At End Of Half?

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Any of you's want to comment on this (especially the guy who ran his own stopwatch, lol)? I ran the video AND did a seconds count down to the tenth. Not sure if the NFL uses tenths of a second in counting down but this is what it'd look like if they did. As some alertly pointed out, we don't know if the actual seconds count on the clock was greater than 4.0 seconds. But for my video, let's assume it was 4.0 exactly. Keep in mind I started the clock on first movement of the ball, not as someone attempting to react in real time not knowing when the ball will be snapped exactly. People were right that it didn't take 2 seconds. It took like 2.9 seconds which would leave 1 second on the clock if timed like this and starting from exactly 4.0 seconds. If you want another reference, look at the Saints play clock to the right of the game clock on the graphic. It was running the entire time. The ball gets snapped at around 14 seconds and lands at around 11 seconds. Another 3 second timer. What of the CONSPIRACY! then?

First-Half-Clock.gif

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Any of you's want to comment on this (especially the guy who ran his own stopwatch, lol)? I ran the video AND did a seconds count down to the tenth. Not sure if the NFL uses tenths of a second in counting down but this is what it'd look like if they did. As some alertly pointed out, we don't know if the actual seconds count on the clock was greater than 4.0 seconds. But for my video, let's assume it was 4.0 exactly. Keep in mind I started the clock on first movement of the ball, not as someone attempting to react in real time not knowing when the ball will be snapped exactly. People were right that it didn't take 2 seconds. It took like 2.9 seconds which would leave 1 second on the clock if timed like this and starting from exactly 4.0 seconds. If you want another reference, look at the Saints play clock to the right of the game clock on the graphic. It was running the entire time. The ball gets snapped at around 14 seconds and lands at around 11 seconds. Another 3 second timer. What of the CONSPIRACY! then?

First-Half-Clock.gif
It looks like they`re moving a tick faster than nomal speed. Look how fast that fullback looks.:rolleyes:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What you can't see is the real time.

4 seconds showing could actually be 4.9 seconds.

There was at least 1 second remaining. People just want to ***** right now.
That's a valid point about it possibly being at the high end of 4 seconds, I'll give you that.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It looks like they`re moving a tick faster than nomal speed. Look how fast that fullback looks.:rolleyes:

LOL. So now I'M the CONSPIRACY! ? Haha.

This is what I do. I provide video and wait to see what people say about it disproving their point (whine). Please do find "real speed" video to prove I'm falsifying things here. I don't do that.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
What you can't see is the real time.

4 seconds showing could actually be 4.9 seconds.

There was at least 1 second remaining. People just want to ***** right now.
Actually, that's one second off. It could be 3.9 seconds. The clock doesn't go to 4 until there are 4.0 seconds. It stays at 4 until 3.0. It stays at 3 until 2.0, at 2 until 1.0, and at 1 until 0.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score

This is what I do. I provide video and wait to see what people say about it disproving their point (whine). Please do find "real speed" video to prove I'm falsifying things here. I don't do that.
I know, I was joking with you. I have to admit, it looks acurate, so I stand corrected. Thanks

phildadon86

Reaction score

I think the fumble was a worse call. Much worse.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

First-Half-Clock.gif
You're right, but it's also correct that they started the clock almost a second after the snap. The game clock reads 0:04 at the snap, then the timer goes past :14 and changes to :13 almost exactly when the game clock changes to 0:03. Still would've left time on the clock though, and as long as the clock doesn't read all 0's, they can try the FG.

aria

Reaction score

First-Half-Clock.gif
Don’t bother with common sense and logic here, you’re wasting your time.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I think the fumble was a worse call. Much worse.

Maybe I'll do that one later. The one thing that needs to be clarified is what the rule is. Does the ball only have to be starting to come loose upon touching down or all the way loose? If the former, that makes it a very close call.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe I'll do that one later. The one thing that needs to be clarified is what the rule is. Does the ball only have to be starting to come loose upon touching down or all the way loose? If the former, that makes it a very close call.
It has to be slipping in his hands, which it certainly didn't appear to be. They were pulling on it and his hands were moving with it, but it wasn't slipping in his hands until after his elbow hit the ground, which may be why he lost his grip in the first place.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That kinda was important since we lost by 2 points:rolleyes:

I'm sure it was just an honest mistake by the game clock operator wearing a who dat shirt. Yeah, just an honest mistake.;)
I didn’t read through all but they did explain. Said that clock stopped once the hall hit something . And why it stopped in 2 seconds.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The stop/starts of the visible gameclocks can be out by a second or more due to the clock operators/systems reaction times.
It was a great call obviously knowing the rules more than we did or even the announcers.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LMAO...………I just timed that play with a stopwatch three times in a row...…….it takes exactly 4.5 seconds from snap to ball hitting the ground. There were 4 seconds left on the game clock.

That was a free FG the refs just gave to the Saints and we lost by 2...……………...yeah, that call didnt really matter:facepalm:
Ball didn’t have to hit the ground . They defined the rule saying it only had to hit something I believe is the description they provided.

Basically as I understand is as soon as ball is out of bounds , clock stops. I timed it at between 2-3 seconds.

Last edited: