Has the Draft Day Deuce Vaugh story lost its luster?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What a great moment on draft day for one of the members of this organization to have his son on the team coming to work with him. Based on what we've saw from Deuce in the season, has the value of this touching story lost its luster in some way?? I say it was a great story

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Not looking good for Deuce. But aren't the other 3 RBs all free agents next year? Could get a second year by default.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not looking good for Deuce. But aren't the other 3 RBs all free agents next year? Could get a second year by default.
I'm just afraid of his size being the issue, no doubt that others have had success, who knows! I wish him the best

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lance, Bryant, and Vaughn could be the next triplets (according to some).

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What a great moment on draft day for one of the members of this organization to have his son on the team coming to work with him. Based on what we've saw from Deuce in the season, has the value of this touching story lost its luster in some way?? I say it was a great story
Yes.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Keaton Mitchell has done well. Of course he towers over deuce at 5'8 and has probably 20 lbs on him. Oh yeah and ran a 4.2.

Rayman70

Reaction score
So far, I was wrong about Deuce. Im disappointed. That can change if he gets in the game and has a small role to help us when it matters. U never know. This league is about opportunity. I dont think hes had much of that. Pollard is preventing it. Rico gets hurt or Davis, then the kid will see his chance and better seize it.

817Gill

Reaction score
He’s going to have a sizeable role next season as only him and Davis are under contract. They’ll draft/sign a bigger body runner and use Deuce in space.

Instant gratification culture has become a joke. 6th round pick in his rookie year behind a plethora of skill players. To think he’d come in and usurp Pollard plus all the WR/TE touches is unrealistic.

We are all excited about his skillset, doesn’t mean we should expect that to be featured year 1. Pollard was electric the day he touched the ball, didn’t get a sizeable role until year 3.

Such is life in the NFL.

Hardline

Reaction score
I think Duece was drafted only for a "feel good" story because his dad worked for the team.
All the Darren Sporoles comparisons were laughable.

I hope he still can make an impact next season.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I think Duece was drafted only for a "feel good" story because his dad worked for the team.
All the Darren Sporoles comparisons were laughable.

I hope he still can make an impact next season.
As laughable as 4 tight ends being better than Sam Laporta?
He’s going to have a sizeable role next season as only him and Davis are under contract. They’ll draft/sign a bigger body runner and use Deuce in space.

Instant gratification culture has become a joke. 6th round pick in his rookie year behind a plethora of skill players. To think he’d come in and usurp Pollard plus all the WR/TE touches is unrealistic.

We are all excited about his skillset, doesn’t mean we should expect that to be featured year 1. Pollard was electric the day he touched the ball, didn’t get a sizeable role until year 3.

Such is life in the NFL.
You know how this board is man. Just a bunch of negative, whining posters

Centex

Reaction score
I understand that the coaches see him in practice, but as a fan I want him to German change in a game with the first team oline, and in situations where run game is not obvious. Do due diligence before cutting him loose.