Has the Draft Day Deuce Vaugh story lost its luster?

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
What a great moment on draft day for one of the members of this organization to have his son on the team coming to work with him. Based on what we've saw from Deuce in the season, has the value of this touching story lost its luster in some way?? I say it was a great story
Yep nepotism at its worst

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What a great moment on draft day for one of the members of this organization to have his son on the team coming to work with him. Based on what we've saw from Deuce in the season, has the value of this touching story lost its luster in some way?? I say it was a great story
It was a nice story, but it lost its luster a long time ago. Too big a deal was made about him, he was a sixth round pick. He’s hardly seen the field this season and has been inactive most of the season. He hasn’t lived up to anything close to what a lot of fans thought he would. One fan predicted that he would replace Pollard by midseason. :rolleyes: Another fan predicted he would lead the team in touches and all purpose yards. lol Some of the predictions were laughable and they’ve all blown up in the faces of those who got carried away with his college tape.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Deuce was a 6th round pick. Anybody looking for first year impact from a 6th round pick is living in lala land. He needs time to adapt to the pro game like most rookies. Way too early to be passing judgement on him or any of the 2023 draft picks. Fact is, all of them have guys in front of them who are str8 ballin. Which frankly is exactly what you want. Veterans playing their tails off keeping rookies on the bench is a great problem to have!

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
He's inactive every week. I think he has potential, but if by now he hasn't done enough in practice to shine and If they're not going to use him, then it may be time to move on.

Hopefully he clears waivers and can go onto the PS... but I wouldn't hold my breath. Some squad will take a shot at him

starfan1

Reaction score
You know we run the 12 offense, right?
Yes! I really don’t want to rehash our disagreement with the pick again in another thread. We had the TEs in the stable already . It was a reach we’ll see if down the road it works out
The Cowboys had much different views and plans than you for the draft. Doesn't make them wrong.
I know this I’m just a chair jockey . The cowboys also felt like it was a good to draft jaylon smith in the 2nd and taco in the 1st and a rb with the 4th pick so there’s that

starfan1

Reaction score
Your memory serves you wrong. I liked Mazi. I never said much about any of the others besides hoping they pan out. And I became a deuce fan during preseason. Don't think that qualifies as a draft defender. It's an incomplete grade at the moment. But anyway.....

Are Bergeron or Avila playing better than Mazi?
I don’t know actually but Mazi isn’t exactly tearing it up but the next few weeks he has a chance to silence some of his doubters

I considered OL bigger need than DT. I actually had DT behind RB and OL and LB having resigned Hankins

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Not at all. I don't understand how people expect a 6th rounder that is 3rd string to have much of a impact. That is a completely unrealistic expectation. Most 6th rounders don't make the team.
He shouldn't have.

Cowboys are undefeated when Vaughn has been inactive.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
CeeDee Lamb, Trevon Diggs, Tyler Biadasz, Micah Parsons, Osa Odighizuwa, Tyler Smith, Jake Ferguson, Damone Clark, DaRon Bland.....

If the Cowboys are throwing darts at a draft board those darts are smarter than 90 percent of the other GM's in the NFL.
Well...by all means....go get that Mazi jersey. Once he gets good...they'll be hard to come by

starfan1

Reaction score
Not one that could block and show more potential than Schoon.
You don’t waste a second on potential and blocking TE sorry dude we’re on different ends of the spectrum on this one

Things could change but schoon has done very little to change mine and many others mind on that pick

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm not giving up on Vaughn, kid is a 6th Rd pick. Really was not expecting him to get a lot of playing time with vets in front of him. He will have an off season to continue to develop.

ICP

Reaction score
I would assume it has, not sure how many here even remember he's on the team