Has the Draft Day Deuce Vaugh story lost its luster?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
What a great moment on draft day for one of the members of this organization to have his son on the team coming to work with him. Based on what we've saw from Deuce in the season, has the value of this touching story lost its luster in some way?? I say it was a great story
I don’t think he has been given a legitimate chance, especially running the ball. When he was getting carries the O line was struggling mightily. Most of his carries were late in games, when we had a big lead, and everyone knew we were running the ball. Pollard was getting stuffed at the LOS also.

All RB’s need blocking! Deuce was getting almost no blocking on his carries.

I strongly believe he can help this team if he just gets a little blocking!

starfan1

Reaction score
The only way Duece will be loose is on Special teams due to injury

It’s a feel good story from training camp that was never gonna get traction

It’s 6th rounder at a position that should have been addressed much sooner so I wasn’t expecting much

I know there are those on this board that will continue to defend the 2023 draft and there is still time for it to be a positive thing but for this guy and for a team in win now mode

The best pick is on IR and this draft was garbage in comparison to where it could have been

I guess I could Monday morning qb many drafts though so there’s that

stilltheguru

Reaction score
The only way Duece will be loose is on Special teams due to injury

It’s a feel good story from training camp that was never gonna get traction

It’s 6th rounder at a position that should have been addressed much sooner so I wasn’t expecting much

I know there are those on this board that will continue to defend the 2023 draft and there is still time for it to be a positive thing but for this guy and for a team in win now mode

The best pick is on IR and this draft was garbage in comparison to where it could have been

I guess I could Monday morning qb many drafts though so there’s that
What should our win now mode draft have looked like?

erod

Reaction score
What a great moment on draft day for one of the members of this organization to have his son on the team coming to work with him. Based on what we've saw from Deuce in the season, has the value of this touching story lost its luster in some way?? I say it was a great story
The run blocking early in the year was awful. None of the backs looked good.

Deuce hasn't played much since then.

He needs space to do his thing, just like Sproles needed.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm just afraid of his size being the issue, no doubt that others have had success, who knows! I wish him the best
Im worried about Schoons arms being to big, they are larger than most peoples thighs.

catiii

Reaction score
Cowboys are famous for underutilising talent. The guy is hardly ever on the field and when he is, he's used in the wrong type plays.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Right on cue ! rounds 1 and 2 were reaches IMO a RB should have been taken sooner. TE wasn’t a need that soon

You can fill it in however you wish
What's right on cue? And you didn't answer the question. Hindsight what would your draft look like?

shabazz

Reaction score

Trust seems to be a huge factor in the coaches using our players. I just dont think they trust him to get on the 53 yet. We have to hope that will change in time.

If Mazi wasn't a first rounder I truly believe he'd be developing on the practice squad at this juncture.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

This ^^^^^^

Thanks and you beat me too it, could not have said it better.

starfan1

Reaction score
What's right on cue? And you didn't answer the question. Hindsight what would your draft look like?
Well right on cue would be a defender of the draft that quickly responding and if memory serves me right you and big dog are 2 defenders but I could be wrong but prior threads and I don’t have time to look them up both of you defending it
That said I believe I did answer your question just not how you would like. Mazi and Schoon would be in another uniform

I would have liked Gibbs but he was gone early so Zach charbonnet would have been a cowboy.

I’d much rather have gas Bergeron or Avila over Mazi

There were rumors KC wanted to trade up for Mazi . I would have let them be the ones to reach

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He's a back up kick returner. Stop expecting him to be Darren Sproles in his prime.

In his rookie season, Sproles had 8 carries and caught 3 passes.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That said I believe I did answer your question just not how you would like. Mazi and Schoon would be in another uniform

I would have liked Gibbs but he was gone early so Zach charbonnet would have been a cowboy.

The Cowboys had much different views and plans than you for the draft. Doesn't make them wrong.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Well right on cue would be a defender of the draft that quickly responding and if memory serves me right you and big dog are 2 defenders but I could be wrong but prior threads and I don’t have time to look them up both of you defending it

There were rumors KC wanted to trade up for Mazi . I would have let them be the ones to reach
Your memory serves you wrong. I liked Mazi. I never said much about any of the others besides hoping they pan out. And I became a deuce fan during preseason. Don't think that qualifies as a draft defender. It's an incomplete grade at the moment. But anyway.....

Are Bergeron or Avila playing better than Mazi?

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Not sure why fans are so quick to label a player a bust or a failed pick. We don't even give them a full off-season after the rookie year to develop before declaring them a potential cut casualty.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Never seen so much obsession over the 212th pick of the draft.

Vaughn could never play another snap for the Cowboys and he should not be viewed as a bust. It was a cool draft day story. Blame the media and some fans for making a late 6th round pick sound like the second coming of Emmitt Smith.

If Dallas thought so much of Vaughn wouldn't they have chosen him sooner?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
It never had luster.

Just the typical plastic surgery deformed red faced Jerruh smiling his yellow toothed creepy smile, with idiot son Fredo drooling in the periphery like a trained monkey.

Jerruh....all satisfied with himself yet again.... he REALLY outsmarted the league throughout this whole draft... LOL

He needs to go back to throwing darts at a board so he can fall a@@ backwards into some more Bland-like picks.

You know what they saw about blind squirrels.....

Horrible pick.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It never had luster.

Just the typical plastic surgery deformed red faced Jerruh smiling his yellow toothed creepy smile, with idiot son Fredo drooling in the periphery like a trained monkey.

Jerruh....all satisfied with himself yet again.... he REALLY outsmarted the league throughout this whole draft... LOL

He needs to go back to throwing darts at a board so he can fall a@@ backwards into some more Bland-like picks.

You know what they saw about blind squirrels.....

Horrible pick.
CeeDee Lamb, Trevon Diggs, Tyler Biadasz, Micah Parsons, Osa Odighizuwa, Tyler Smith, Jake Ferguson, Damone Clark, DaRon Bland.....

If the Cowboys are throwing darts at a draft board those darts are smarter than 90 percent of the other GM's in the NFL.