Has the future Super Bowl City Ever Caused this much discussion?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I was reading all the negative comments around the web and especially on ESPN by the readers. I'm sure most of those people have never even been to Texas as they are spouting off rhetoric that doesn't even make any sense. So much hate for Dallas....lol. Hate on suckers!:bow:

adamknite

Reaction score
Yeah it's pretty dumb to me. The Sb is going to be held in Florida 3 out of the next 4 years, yet nobody can think of anything negative to say about that? It comes to Dallas/Arlington/North Texas for the first time in 40+/ever years and they want to complain? Sometimes it's kinda fun see the these whiners complain.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Umm the 2003 superbowl was just played here in houston, and that was a big event, so i think some of them have been to texas

adamknite

Reaction score
dargonking999;1506793 said:
Umm the 2003 superbowl was just played here in houston, and that was a big event, so i think some of them have been to texas

:banghead: I ment to say north texas.... Thanks for the reminder mate.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
LowTech;1506807 said:
You did say North Texas

and the orginal poster said he bets they have never been to texas. And as i was saying i doubt that since 4 years ago the SB was here in houston.

sago1

Reaction score
There's an awfully lot of hate for the Dallas Cowboys. It comes from our winning record including 5 SB, so many great & legendary players, the media's constant focus, and our consistent drawing power which ensures more Cowboy games will be national televised games then any other team. Also many don't like Jerry Jones marketing strategy, etc.

adamknite

Reaction score
dargonking999;1506813 said:
and the orginal poster said he bets they have never been to texas. And as i was saying i doubt that since 4 years ago the SB was here in houston.

He was refering to posters on message boards and readers. Not the people who work for these organizations/companies. Saying that the fans and people complaining have probably never been to Texas. Of course some of them have, I think he ment in general they probably haven't.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
adamknite;1506817 said:
He was refering to posters on message boards and readers. Not the people who work for these organizations/companies. Saying that the fans and people complaining have probably never been to Texas. Of course some of them have, I think he ment in general they probably haven't.

ahh i see, late nights, not good, sleepy eye sight, i missed readers lol. Oh well. Kill me now, save the pains of life

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
dargonking999;1506813 said:

Yeah, quit trying to start trouble Dragon :D

adamknite

Reaction score
dargonking999;1506820 said:
ahh i see, late nights, not good, sleepy eye sight, i missed readers lol. Oh well. Kill me now, save the pains of life

Happens to everybody, But I'd still be more than happy to grant you your wish, if you want. :devil:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
LowTech;1506821 said:
Yeah, quit trying to start trouble Dragon :D

trouble is my middle name ;)

adamknite;1506830 said:
Happens to everybody, But I'd still be more than happy to grant you your wish, if you want. :devil:

please and thank you lol

calico

Reaction score
I caught some talk here in Houston on the radio and all they did was complain. They finally spun it into a positive that Houston would get another super bowl sooner because of this :rolleyes:

They then tried to celebrate that Dallas would have a SB without the Cowboys playing it...while acting like the Texans would have a better chance in '11 than Dallas :laugh1:

Indy fans won't stop whining right now, but would you rather go to Dallas/NT or Indy...:p: ;) :cool:

joseephuss

Reaction score
There will always be a group complaining about something. The complained about the ones played in Detroit and Jacksonville. This next one in Arizona will garner complaints. I remember when Dallas played their SB in Arizona. Lots of complaints about the lack of a night life and that the bars closed down early.

San Diego, Miami and New Orleans will get the least amount of complaints because those cities tend to have good weather during SB week and lots of extra cirrcular activities. There will still be someone complaining about something somewhere.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dargonking999;1506793 said:

This will be the 3rd SB in Texas. Houston hosted a SB at Rice Stadium in the 70's and of course the 2003. I'm thrilled Arlington will get this SB and hope their town makes out like bandits.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Nothing to complain about.
It's always been an unwritten NFL rule that cities which build new stadiums get a SB.
Provided you just built a dome or in a Sun Belt state.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
I was annoyed by that quote from the Indianapolis guy that the only advantage Dallas had was the larger stadium, thus it was all about money. While I agree that it was probably the strongest selling point, it's making people believe that Dallas must be an inferior city to host it.

(I don't like the term "North Texas". I used to live in Plano and had no problem being lumped in with Dallas because it's the Dallas metroplex).

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bobtheflob;1506940 said:
I was annoyed by that quote from the Indianapolis guy that the only advantage Dallas had was the larger stadium, thus it was all about money. While I agree that it was probably the strongest selling point, it's making people believe that Dallas must be an inferior city to host it.

(I don't like the term "North Texas". I used to live in Plano and had no problem being lumped in with Dallas because it's the Dallas metroplex).

Arlington Texas, I could careless for the city of Dallas after the way the Mayor of Dallas snubbed the Cowboys when they tried to workout a deal to build a stadium in the city of Dallas. As I said earlier I hope Arlington makes out like bandits on this deal and I hope that most people who will be attending the SB will be spending more time and money in Arlington than in Dallas. After all the tax payers of Dallas are not footing part of the stadium cost the people of Arlington are.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bobtheflob;1506940 said:

Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.

And the reason it's North Texas is because it's taking a four-county effort to make it happen. I could understand if Dallas was the only city involved, but it's not.

I can't wait. I'll be up there, doing my best to offer some southern hospitality. :cool: