Has the league admitted screwing up by not reviewing Dak's TD?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It wasn't called a TD so there's no review required. I think he scored, but even if they reviewed it it wouldn't have changed because you don't see the ball.
If it's called a TD, it's automatically reviewed. If it was called a TD on the field, then they changed their minds on the field, it sure as Hell should've been reviewed, shouldn't it?

(Not getting snappy with you, if it came across that way.)

exciter

Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread on this, so either there are too many threads or they haven't admitted their mistake. I'm watching the game again right now, and the more I see that play, the more incredulous I become that they didn't call it a TD in the first place, but to not even review it was just pathetic.
The 1st one wasn’t called a TD, so McCarthy would have had to ask for a review. Either he didn’t want to burn another one after wasting the one earlier or his person in the booth told him not to. The 2nd one was clearly a fumble!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The 1st one wasn’t called a TD, so McCarthy would have had to ask for a review. Either he didn’t want to burn another one after wasting the one earlier or his person in the booth told him not to. The 2nd one was clearly a fumble!
Inside 2 minutes before the half, can't be challenged by the coach. Has to be reviewed by the league.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
It is just plain ridiculous for anyone to say that was not a TD. And the league said it was not a TD after review. Anyone who says there is no ref bias against the Cowboys is just plain detached from reality.
JJ has pushed back against the NFL for marketing rights in the past and pushed back against Goodell, so yeah I believe there is some bias against the Cowboys. I mean hell wasn’t it like 10 or more straight games where holding was never called against opponent?!?!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
JJ has pushed back against the NFL for marketing rights in the past and pushed back against Goodell, so yeah I believe there is some bias against the Cowboys. I mean hell wasn’t it like 10 or more straight games where holding was never called against opponent?!?!

I think it was 9 games or 8 and some change. Finally got a holding call when the Cowboys were clearly going to win the game. Holding on every play by the OL and the Cowboys don't get one holding call for 9 games. Ridiculous.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread on this, so either there are too many threads or they haven't admitted their mistake. I'm watching the game again right now, and the more I see that play, the more incredulous I become that they didn't call it a TD in the first place, but to not even review it was just pathetic.
Yeah, Blandino called me last night and said he was sorry.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Every time I review that play, it becomes clear it was a TD.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It appeared his body was over the goal line but there was never a clear shot where the ball was. If you can’t see where the ball is they’re not going to call it a TD. When a ball carrier is in the middle of a pile with bodies all tangled up it’s tough to see the ball.

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It appeared his body was over the goal line but there was never a clear shot where the ball was. If you can’t see where the ball is they’re not going to call it a TD. When a ball carrier is in the middle of a pile with bodies all tangled up it’s tough to see the ball.

Just peel them off one by one and if the ball is over the line than call it a TD. They can then review the film later to try and disprove it.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It's happened twice this season where Dak clearly was in and they called him short. Plus on the the one that was a fumble the ball touched the goal line before losing control....... so technically 3 but the fumble was close so i will say for sure 2 TDs taken

Easyout66

Reaction score
It's just amazing that Dak's entire body from the knees up can be in the endzone but since the officials couldn't see the ball they can't call it a touchdown.

At some point common sense has to kick in, doesn't it?
Common sense says close games make for better drama, the Cowboys vs Pats game was the most watched regular season game in years, Without the refs it would have been a blowout

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
1. Illegal huddle (after a Dak bomb)

2. Delay of game on the DEFENSE (Dlaw)

3. False start on holder (game winning fga)

4. Two tripping calls (ever see one?)

5. Unsportsmanlike conduct on Garrett for arguing.
(College basketball style)

6. Dez catch and subsequent rule “CLARIFICATION”

All of these EXTREMELY rare and in some cases unique rulings have happened to one team. Most of these things by themselves have NEVER happened to any other team.

Multiple coincidences? Maybe
Bias by human refs? Likely imo.