Has the league admitted screwing up by not reviewing Dak's TD?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
JJ has pushed back against the NFL for marketing rights in the past and pushed back against Goodell, so yeah I believe there is some bias against the Cowboys. I mean hell wasn’t it like 10 or more straight games where holding was never called against opponent?!?!
I think it was 9 games or 8 and some change. Finally got a holding call when the Cowboys were clearly going to win the game. Holding on every play by the OL and the Cowboys don't get one holding call for 9 games. Ridiculous.

Except the Detroit Lions had a similar streak that very same season. What did they do to piss off Goodell? And it seems this kind of streak is a regular occurrence in the league to boot after I busted someone lying that this has only happened once before ever in the NFL. The drama was also based on a Tweet (!) that mentioned holding calls on passing plays only Well, most holds happen on runs. Lol. Makes for a good story though. Some here should write storylines for The Bachelor. Lol.

Last edited:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The only problem with that is without visual evidence we don’t know if his knees might have touched the ground with contact before crossing .

It was a very unusual situation that the lack of absolute visual evidence prevented from overturning the call.
Based on the video it was 100% definite that his knee DIDN’T touch the ground first. Half of his body was across the goal line before his knee could’ve touched the ground. Video doesn’t lie.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I agree but with one exception . What if his knees touched the ground before crossing.
See my last post and watch the video in this thread. It was 100% obvious that didn’t happen. His entire upper body was across the goal before it was possible that his knee hit the ground. In fact, it wasn’t even close.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Based on the video it was 100% definite that his knee DIDN’T touch the ground first. Half of his body was across the goal line before his knee could’ve touched the ground. Video doesn’t lie.
I haven’t gone back and watched it again but I don’t recall the replay where we could actually see the ball crossing the goal line along with any part of his body not touching the ground. And that’s the problem .

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If there is no clean look then how did know the play was concluded? How did they know where the ball should be spotted?

The answer they didnt, so replay was required IMO.

As I said in the other thread, if they are instructed to clearly see the ball cross, they just couldn't do that here. You take that with Dak's knee being down and then pushing forward from that spot anyway only to end up a 1/2 yard inside the line, you just can't call it with the view they had. So they spotted the ball just outside. And we don't know if they didn't review, only that no one buzzed down that it should be overturned. There was plenty of time to look over all those replays after NE called timeout.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
See my last post and watch the video in this thread. It was 100% obvious that didn’t happen. His entire upper body was across the goal before it was possible that his knee hit the ground. In fact, it wasn’t even close.
I believe we got robbed too. But I understand the bad call. Wasn’t enough visual evidence to over turn cause couldn’t see the ball.

I’m not sure common sense comes into play on the review. Common sense would have needed to be used on the initial call.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
It's just amazing that Dak's entire body from the knees up can be in the endzone but since the officials couldn't see the ball they can't call it a touchdown.

At some point common sense has to kick in, doesn't it?

They thought before half of his body ended up in the endzone that his knee hit the ground. At least that is what I got out of it.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I never claimed, nor do I believe there was any bias. But if you look at the video from earlier in this thread, it's pretty clear that he got in. Even if you can't actually see the ball, any part of him that could possibly hold it was over the line. At some point, common sense needs to prevail.

You can see the ball pretty clearly here, and they would've seen it too...if they had bothered looking.

But that video taken from above and at a huge angle and is not the view the officials had to make the call on the field. The photo below is. Can you reverse based on your posted video where you see Dak with the ball deep into his torso, also possibly knowing his knee touched down like in the photo but yet he only ends up a 1/2 yard over the line? How do you definitively say he's in? It's way different if he ended up 2 yards in. Of course you call it a TD then. That would be common sense. Everyone glosses over the fact that his knee was down outside the goal line. If I pulled the video, the officials had this video too.

Dak-knee.jpg

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, if they are instructed to clearly see the ball cross, they just couldn't do that here. You take that with Dak's knee being down and then pushing forward from that spot anyway only to end up a 1/2 yard inside the line, you just can't call it with the view they had. So they spotted the ball just outside. And we don't know if they didn't review, only that no one buzzed down that it should be overturned. There was plenty of time to look over all those replays after NE called timeout.

If they reviewed it and then didn't call it thats even worse in my eyes as he clearly was in...after you watch it that side of the Dline got crushed...there wasn't even a pats player hitting him on our side of the line...human error whatever but they clearly missed THAT TD.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I haven’t gone back and watched it again but I don’t recall the replay where we could actually see the ball crossing the goal line along with any part of his body not touching the ground. And that’s the problem .
Watch the video in the first page of this thread. No, you can’t see the ball, but unless it’s between Dah’s ankles or in his pocket (LOL), it’s 100% definite the ball was across the goal line. You can see his knees aren’t near the turf when his entire upper half crossed the goal. It isn’t even in question.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If they reviewed it and then didn't call it thats even worse in my eyes as he clearly was in...after you watch it that side of the Dline got crushed...there wasn't even a pats player hitting him on our side of the line...human error whatever but they clearly missed THAT TD.

As I said, he probably scored but I can see why there was no initial call and also no reversal. The knee down in that photo is reasonable doubt. If they use that and all, lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Watch the video in the first page of this thread. No, you can’t see the ball, but unless it’s between Dah’s ankles or in his pocket (LOL), it’s 100% definite the ball was across the goal line. You can see his knees aren’t near the turf when his entire upper half crossed the goal. It isn’t even in question.
And why the Ref prob blew the initial call. The bigger issue and I thought was the topic of discussion is why it wasn’t over turned .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So since you know everything....:)

How can it be one ref appeared to call the TD?

And wouldn't it make sense that if there were conflicting calls...and official review should be mandatory? I don't know if that's a rule or not but it should be...especially in this case.

If there was indeed a TD signaled then suddenly over-ruled by another ref, and with no official review.....in THIS case....very suspicious imho.

FYI if this were some incomplete pass on the open field....I see that pretty often. But that isn't this.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But that video taken from above and at a huge angle and is not the view the officials had to make the call on the field. The photo below is. Can you reverse based on your posted video where you see Dak with the ball deep into his torso, also possibly knowing his knee touched down like in the photo but yet he only ends up a 1/2 yard over the line? How do you definitively say he's in? It's way different if he ended up 2 yards in. Of course you call it a TD then. That would be common sense. Everyone glosses over the fact that his knee was down outside the goal line. If I pulled the video, the officials had this video too.

Dak-knee.jpg
But in the other video, which would have been available if they'd reviewed the play, shows that the ball broke the plane before the knee went down. Even if you disagree with that, the point is that it was certainly close enough to get a review. I'm not disputing what the officials saw on the field. I'm saying it was ridiculous that they didn't call for a review on a call that any coach in the league would have challenged, if he'd had the opportunity.