Has the owner/GM changed his thinking?

ESisback

Reaction score
My first question is were you in all offices of Jerry and Stephen when all this pecking order was decided because there's been no public announcement that everything goes through Stephen now. Let me guess you sneaked into their offices and planted bugs in them so you could hear all their discussions they had. I will say that you come up with some creative dreams that unfortunately aren't backed up by any other legit source.

I often chuckle at all the “serious” people that KNOW all this inside information, and how they KNOW how to manage the team better than people immersed in it for a living!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I often chuckle at all the “serious” people that KNOW all this inside information, and how they KNOW how to manage the team better than people immersed in it for a living!
It’s really not much different than walking into many business where you receive poor service or product and come away thinking you could do a better job, assuming of course you know anything about it.

There’s many business I wouldn’t have a clue.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I've seen several comments about the owner not making coaching changes and using the 10 years with Garrett as the reasoning but is it just the opposite? He waited for it to come and it never did. His patience went unrewarded.

Has the fact that he's not getting any younger and a year closer to checking out every year affected his thinking about time and how much there is left to see another SB?

Some feel McC is safe but they pulled the trigger on Nolan after one year and now have two succession candidates on the staff and who thinks the owner won't pull a Garrett move with Kellen Moore?

I really do think we are seeing a new sense of urgency, an awareness of the clock that we've not seen before from him and I do not think that bodes well for McC. He needs a kickstart to this season or we could see the second HC replaced during the season.

The fans are impatient and last season was more embarrassing than a lot of losing seasons. So, the owner is impatient too.

And what do you think the players think? Who brought Nolan in last season and who allowed the defense to get turned inside out? Think there might also be some impatient players?

I think McC has a ticket on the 3:10 to Yuma that he is unaware of and if he starts off 1-3, that train pulls into the station and if he goes to 2-6, his ticket gets punched. I know, some feel not unless he's lost the team. At 2-5 or 6, he's lost the team and management. No GM pays a QB this much and assembles this O to go 2-5 or 6.

The other NFL owners have been getting more itchy trigger fingers with HC's every season and now I think this owner has joined their ranks.

McC better win or pack it in.
Nice, well thought out opinions. Thanks

ESisback

Reaction score
It’s really not much different than walking into many business where you receive poor service or product and come away thinking you could do a better job, assuming of course you know anything about it.

There’s many business I wouldn’t have a clue.

Yeah, people are funny. Speculating “truth”!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, people are funny. Speculating “truth”!
Yep! If you believe it to be true then can present it as such. Look how people speculate the truth in everyday issues. It’s unbelievable how divided we can become distorting the facts. Belief is a powerful force.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@xwalker Nolan couldn’t use Gregory because he was suspended for the first 6 games. By the time Gregory was available, the defense had already quit with their built-in excuse of Dak getting hurt.

Nolan had no chance with this defense last year. Even Belichick could not do anything with freelancers who don’t know their assignments and just wanted the season to end.

The issue with Gregory was specific to 1 game.

Jerry was irate after a game at the end of the season because Gregory didn't play enough snaps despite a great performance when he was on the field.

Nolan was in a no-win situation but he didn't help himself with his inability to get players to "buy in" to his scheme.

He also made too many changes relative to the previous scheme considering that there was no real off-season.

Even Parcells kept the 4-3 for 2 seasons before converting to his beloved 3-4.