Hate of Dak on this board is very ESPN like!

starfan1

Reaction score
Another "Why did the Chiefs trade up for Mahomes when they had a QB that won games and got them to the playoffs" type of fans.

Wallow in that mediocrity Dak brings you.
well If Bryce young or CJ stroud or Richardson drops to the #10 range youre wanting to give up 3 picks and that would be 2 #1s and a 3rd ? I mean if you knew for sure it was patrick Mahomes you were going to get Id be on board with ot as well. Dont forget Patrick doesnt do it all by his lonesome. The leagues best TE weapons on the outside as well. Now mind you he makes them better.

and dont forget we do have other needs that none of those 3 are going to fix and there are unknowns with all 3.Doesnt hurt to have Andy Reid and I like bienemy as well.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Do you care about stats or wins, Ken?

Because it seems like you'd rather have the #1 offense instead of wins with what you're saying.

The Cowboys would've easily made the playoffs without Dak. Dak led the NFL in INTS despite missing 5 games.

Stop it.

P.S. You bet me Dak would have a better season than Mahomes. You have no idea what you're watching on Sundays, Ken.
wins is all that matters. so Rush is your QB? and wins are a QB stat? is that your point.

and enough of this mahomes thing. that's all you point to. go find me a mahomes. you chose one example to make a case, while missing the other 20 that failed.

Nav22

Reaction score
Great y’all have awakened the laughing emoji clown who is going off 2 yr old info. Congrats.
NFL players ranked him #8 this past offseason, not 2 years ago.

NFL coaches, scouts and execs ranked him #10 this past offseason, not 2 years ago.

I'm SO SORRY that reality slapped you in the mouth. Ouch!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
...when a member has no ground to stand on in their ability to debate they resort to name-calling and emojis....but keep defending Dak for the mediocre QB that he has shown himself to be.

#NoMoreExcusesForDakIn2023
who is your choice for QB. give us your choice. stand by him. show some balls.

Ken

Reaction score
Show one post from me where I said that about Hurts. It hasn't happened...

Hurts was clearly the best QB this season, though. Put him on the Dallas roster for this season and Dallas would have at least made the NFCCG. Are you going to argue against that?
LOL

I didn't say this year. What did you say last year?

You would have been killing him if he threw for 122 yards in a game. Who are you kidding?

Nav22

Reaction score
You post the same crap repeatedly as if it is supposed to mean something....yet leave out when most analysts say things need to be perfect around Dak for him to succeed.

As far as ranking Dak, what does ranking mean when he throws 2 INT's to cost Dallas the game against SF.....and next season will RANK as the #2 highest paid QB in the NFL.

Oh, and you claim I hate Dak which shows your emotional investment in Dak as hate is an emotional word.
So you're too big a COWARD to answer the questions.

You're a disgrace.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ken

Reaction score
Yeah. You say that now.

But you wouldn't have said that back when the Chiefs traded up to draft him after making the playoffs.

You would have been whining that Alex Smith gets us to the playoffs and we just need O-line or WR help instead of a QB. Ya know, like you're doing right now with Dak.
I actually don't remember what I said....maybe I should go back and look.

starfan1

Reaction score
paid like elite? elite is top 3. he is 8th highest. the top 14 QBs in the league make 30m and above. then there is a huge drop off of 50%. goff, cousins and wnents make 32-35.

that's the league. top player Rodgers makes 50M, followed by wilson at 48M and murray/Watson at 46M. last two haven't done squat and no where close to elite.

and Burrow, herbert, Lawrence are coming up for redo very quickly.

Dak is not elite. not paid like elite and he needs help around him. and teams like SF, Philly were able to do it having non-elite QBs. they built a team, the right coaches, the right culture.

or if you don't think we can do that, then find me an Elite QB. point me to one and we go get him
dude its that 40 number they cant get past. If SB is all that is cared about they are right Dak isnt going to do it without more help. he like all QBs needs help. He just may need more.

Ken

Reaction score
But I read here that many think Mahomes is not better than Dak, 5 championship games in a row, 3 SBs in his 5th year starting, yes very similar to Dak, I also read here Hurts is just Jag and not a good QB, Dak is far superior yet 2nd year and a SB, and thier answer if only Dak had those players, coaches yada yada yada and the beat goes on, have a nice and safe off season.
Literally no one has said Dak is better than Mahomes. No one.

I said Dak would have a better season than Mahomes because I thought he didn't get better as an actuall qb the last few years and he lost his biggest weapon.

I was wrong as he got better as an actual qb.

Brax

Reaction score
Where do you rank Dak?

Experts who are paid to know football say he's top 10. NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs.

Bill Parcells very recently (after the SF loss) said Dak's good enough to win a Super Bowl, despite not being a "top, top guy."

Do you disagree with Coach Parcells? Do you disagree with the NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs?

Of course you do. That's why I laugh at people like you.

Your hatred for a young, rich, successful pro athlete who QBs your "favorite team" is HILARIOUS to me.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Parcells explains that Dak isn’t an elite QB, but that they could still go the distance with the 29-year-old QB. “They don’t have the top, top-quality quarterback in Dak Prescott, but I do think he’s good enough to win with,” Parcells explained. “I just think they have to put more pieces around him". You left out a very important piece as usual .
The old pieces around him to carry Dak, we get it average to good QBs have won the SB, good luck with Dak.

Nav22

Reaction score
Joe Burrow...the same Joe Burrow that has a 5-1 playoff record, a Super Bowl appearance in 2021, and back-to-back AFC Championship game appearances in only 3 seasons as a starter.......compared to Dak's 2-4 playoff record and ZERO NFC Championship appearances in 7 seasons????

That Joe Burrow?????
Burrow's only lost 1 playoff game? You sure about that?

You should find a new hobby. You are TERRIBLE at this football stuff.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
And did you know that Mahomes would be Mahomes........ BEFORE the Chiefs drafted him?

No, you would've traded up for Blaine Gabbert.

You're a total clown. Don't even reply to me again.

Your "MASTER PLAN" of upgrading from Dak to the next Patrick Mahomes is possibly the funniest thing I've ever read.

WHY DOESN'T SOMEONE TELL JERRY!?!?!?!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
hahahaha...

"Let's stick with the mediocrity at QB instead of drafting the unknown that could be great!"

"I like the comfort zone Dak has created for me, so there fore I don't want to take any chances that could make us take that next step!"

As I say with anyone with your philosophy You're never going to draft the next Pat Mahomes if you handcuff yourself to Alex Smith.

Nav22

Reaction score
Parcells explains that Dak isn’t an elite QB, but that they could still go the distance with the 29-year-old QB. “They don’t have the top, top-quality quarterback in Dak Prescott, but I do think he’s good enough to win with,” Parcells explained. “I just think they have to put more pieces around him". You left out a very important piece as usual .
The old pieces around him to carry Dak, we get it average to good QBs have won the SB, good luck with Dak.
That's correct. Dak needs a great team around him.

Do you have a plan to improve the position?

It'll be tough to top @MountaineerCowboy 's brilliant plan of DRAFTING THE NEXT MAHOMES!
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Brax

Reaction score
While on the topic..these same people bashing Dak gush about Burrow.

Burrow thre two picks against a mid defense and had a chance to win it with 2 min to go and did nothing.

He is Mr wonderful though.
Come on Ken, you can't believe this, 2 CCG and a SB appearance, Dak would be Mr. wonderful around here if he did that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
well If Bryce young or CJ stroud or Richardson drops to the #10 range youre wanting to give up 3 picks and that would be 2 #1s and a 3rd ? I mean if you knew for sure it was patrick Mahomes you were going to get Id be on board with ot as well. Dont forget Patrick doesnt do it all by his lonesome. The leagues best TE weapons on the outside as well. Now mind you he makes them better.

and dont forget we do have other needs that none of those 3 are going to fix and there are unknowns with all 3.Doesnt hurt to have Andy Reid and I like bienemy as well.
The Chiefs didn't know Mahomes was going to be Mahomes.

They just knew that Alex Smith wasn't the answer and was willing to try and get better.

Ken

Reaction score
A lot more than that, including Jerry, many ridiculed Mahomes after the SB loss and Bengal loss,.
I ridiculed him for both of those games. Rightfully so.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People on this board need to stop whining about Dak Prescott, he isn't as bad as many believe and not going anywhere in the near future. He is our QB and we need to support him, not kill him over everything wrong with the franchise:

-I can go back into the summer posts, where nobody had high expectations for this offense. Many thought with the loss of Cooper, Gallup not going to be ready, this team was going to be lucky to win 8 games. They won 12 games again, with lesser talent, Tyron missing most of the season and Dak out 5 games.

-Dak missed 5 games due to breaking his thumb, when he returned, the offense averaged over 30 points a game, #1 in 3rd down conversion and one of the league leaders in red zone efficiency. Outside of the Washington game, the team just lost 2 OT games on the road, in which the defense blew 2nd half double digits leads. Did Dak play perfect games and protect the football, no, but his offense wasn't the only reason why they lost.

-Lamb finally played like a true #1 receiver down the stretch, but Noah Brown was our next best receiver, yes, Noah Brown the special teamer. If I would of told anybody that Noah Brown was going to be the #2 receiver at the start of the year, everyone would of said they have no chance. Gallup was a complete disaster this season post injury, Tolbert was a bust and Washington was even worse. They were forced to sign a retired 33 year old receiver that was sitting on his couch. Their receiving core was the 2nd worse within the playoff teams.

-Where was the team's strong running game? Don't even need to go into Zeke's production as we all know his time is up, but the run game totally disappeared when Steele went down with an injury. This was a major issue heading into this year's postseason, believe they averaged less then 3 yards against the 49ers in their loss. Both backs could do nothing on the ground. There is a reason why the OL coach, RB was just fired.

-Dak just faced the 49ers defense, which was the best in the entire league. No running game, he was asked to read a defense in which they had 7-8 in coverage with 1 legitimate receiver. On top of this, a scheme that Steve Young stated prior to the game was the most basic, easiest to defend. Now you same fans are changing the goal posts and says Moore is Dak's scapegoat for his poor play.

-People need to accept the fact, the 49ers were the better team, period.

-If you want to blame anybody, it should be more towards the front office. They put together a less talented group and expected better results. They are now forced to upgrade the talent and the staff had no choice but to change their scheme. No doubt Dak has to play better and protect the football, but he needs some support to be successful. Josh Allen scores 10 points at home and gets a pass, but Dak scores 12 on the road against the best defense and it's all his fault.
Pretty sure he was the only one throwing INTs against SF. You take away those INTs and the 10 points it gave SF and took away from us........ is it really that clear they are the better team? Dak can't out dual a rookie 7th round QB?

Just how low should the bar be? Tell us

Brax

Reaction score
Literally no one has said Dak is better than Mahomes. No one.

I said Dak would have a better season than Mahomes because I thought he didn't get better as an actuall qb the last few years and he lost his biggest weapon.

I was wrong as he got better as an actual qb.
How the narrative is changing .

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Dak is what Dak is. above average QB, not elite, thus he needs the right team around him. look at Purdy, Look at Hurts, the QBs that the Dak detractors point to and the strong system around them, coaching on down. Hurts passed form 120 yards yesterday and they won 31-7.

and everyone of the Dak detractors can point to Dak flaws. ask them what's your solution? alternative? and they all chicken out and go its not my job, I just know how to complain and point to problems. they have no plan. no clue. so they whine like its that time of the month.

right now, Dak needs a need OC, change of scheme and a coach that can coach him, not his frat brother on the sideline. and in some ways, I am glad he is taking flak because the cowboys are like a country club and players get too comfortable. they become satisfied. they become full of themselves and they become about money and life style and lose any edge they had. so a new OC, coaches fired, and probably a few players on chopping block to heighten the senses and get their attention. its a good thing.

and I think we should draft a QB, anywhere in the top 4 rounds. Dak is 30. probably another couple of years before we move on, so lets prep the next QB or learn that he is not it and lets draft the next one. but the search must start this year, while we continue to build a team around Dak, that can support him and allow him to play his role. again, Hurts, Purdy, Jones, all had stronger support system and they were able to find some success.

again, Dak is not Elite. will never be elite. doesn't have the skill to be elite. so people need to stop saying that he has been around for 7 years....if number of years leads to being elite, then there would be 40+ elite QBs in the league. there is only about 3.
Spot on!