Hate To Admit It But Cowboys Are Not A SuperBowl Team..

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2332202 said:
Again, good teams win against teams you should beat!
So, who's a good team?

The Giants and Titans?

That's it?

Reaction score
Hostile;2332222 said:
Not every game. Other than the 1972 Dolphins you can't show me one team that beats every opponent it should. That's a pipe dream theory that has no basis in fact or History.

No doubt. I don't expect them to win every game they are suppose to but this is now the second game they should of won this year! They were lucky to beat the Bungles last week!

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2332213 said:
At least they were 13-3 last year. The Cowboys will be lucky to be 10-6 if they continue to blow games they should win.

Honestly-this game wasn't nearly as close as it looked-if it weren't for the refs helping us and the many lucky bounces of the ball, Cards win this by double digits.

My pt was that last year, we were the ones getting all the breaks. B/c we're not getting extra lifelines this year, we're getting exposed.

Reaction score
Boysboy;2332256 said:
I know-but let's say we played the Niners, and IF we beat them the way the Eagles did today, then this board would STILL have a big meltdown over our mediocre play.

Was just saying, that's all...

Some fans are just plain stupid when they complain about the small things when they are winning.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2332265 said:
No doubt. I don't expect them to win every game they are suppose to but this is now the second game they should of won this year! They were lucky to beat the Bungles last week!

And less not forget that the Giants responded with an arse-whooping after they lolly-popped with the Bungals the week before, we didn't.

wood28

Reaction score
Nav22;2332245 said:
Here's reality.

We'll probably make the playoffs.

The way we look in December on will likely determine our real Super Bowl hopes.

Nobody knows how we will look in December. In past seasons, we peaked early and faded late. Maybe this year we'll peak late and make a run at the Super Bowl.

The Giants winning it all last year has jaded me a bit.

You don't need to be the best regular season team to win it all.

You don't even need to be a top 10 regular season team to win it all.

Simply get hot towards the end of the regular season, and you have a real shot at hoisting the Lombardi.

Good point. I hope they play better the next weeks.

Reaction score
windward;2332259 said:
So, who's a good team?

The Giants and Titans?

That's it?

Well, let's see here. NO is 3-3, TB is 4-2, Carolina is 4-2, Atlanta is 4-2, Giants are 4-0, Arizonia is 4-2, Skins and Cowboys are 4-2.

The bottom line, there isn't much wiggle room in the NFC East and NFC Conference.

Reaction score
Boysboy;2332270 said:
Honestly-this game wasn't nearly as close as it looked-if it weren't for the refs helping us and the many lucky bounces of the ball, Cards win this by double digits.

My pt was that last year, we were the ones getting all the breaks. B/c we're not getting extra lifelines this year, we're getting exposed.

This game could of been a blow-out if the Cards were not shooting themselves in the foot.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Super Bowl? This isn't a playoff team right now. We are the 3rd best team in our division and 3 teams in the NFC South currently have the same record as us. Plus, we have roadies at New York, Wash, Philly and Pittsburgh still to come. Right now, you can't confidently say we'd win even one of those.

Better crawl before you can walk.

Nav22

Reaction score
And you're so terrified of that list of teams that you've already thrown in the towel on the Cowboys Super Bowl chances. Interesting.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Boysboy;2332129 said:
You mean the same Eagles team that played pretty pitifully against the Whiners until the last 12 minutes when JT O'Sullivan pulled a Sage Rosenfels?

Seriously though-read my OP somewhere I posted earlier...my FEAR is that the Post-Parcells Curse is starting to bite us now. It did so to the Giants, NE, and the Jets when he bolted them unexpectedly...only for them to have incompetent ***** replace him.

I think it has more to do with the Head Coach hired

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2332287 said:
Well, let's see here. NO is 3-3, TB is 4-2, Carolina is 4-2, Atlanta is 4-2, Giants are 4-0, Arizonia is 4-2, Skins and Cowboys are 4-2.

The bottom line, there isn't much wiggle room in the NFC East and NFC Conference.
Are the Saints a good team? No they lost at home to the Vikings

Are the Bucs a good team? No they lost to the Saints?

Maybe Carolina? Can't be lost to the Bucs and Vikings.

Falcons? Lost to Panthers and Bucs.

Cardinals lost to the Jets/Skins.

Do you see the flaw in your argument?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2332287 said:

For some reason, the Bears/Falcons game was broadcasting in the DFW area instead of the Skins game. I have no earthly idea why, but somehow it did.

I was watching Kyle Orton, and sometimes I wish Romo would AT LEAST PROTECT that ball under the most duress of situations. One of the reasons why Orton has progressed alot is b/c when he's under duress or noone's open, he either throws the ball away or just cradles it.

Heck-ROOKIE Matt Ryan isn't too shabby himself either.

This team better get its head out of its *** soon, b/c there are ALOT of GOOD NFC teams this year playing SMART football.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
windward;2332315 said:

A nickel says no.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2332314 said:
I think it has more to do with the Head Coach hired

Like I said-Parcells bolted too late in the game, that it gave Jerry little window to take his time with the HC search. I would have loved Ron Rivera, but with the offseason fastly approaching, someone with NO HC experience AND having to learn the ropes in a short amount of time wouldn't have done us good.

Same happened to the Pats when Parcells angrily bolted them after that Super Bowl-Pete Carroll was their only emergency option.

Reaction score
windward;2332315 said:

The Bucs spanked Carolina and has a very good D. The Saints still have MVP canadid Brees and Reggie Bush.

The bottom line here is that the Cowboys don't have much wiggle room because if the season had to end, for argument sake, the Cowboys would be fighting for dear life for the last WildCard spot!

Reaction score
Boysboy;2332316 said:
For some reason, the Bears/Falcons game was broadcasting in the DFW area instead of the Skins game. I have no earthly idea why, but somehow it did.

I was watching Kyle Orton, and sometimes I wish Romo would AT LEAST PROTECT that ball under the most duress of situations. One of the reasons why Orton has progressed alot is b/c when he's under duress or noone's open, he either throws the ball away or just cradles it.

Heck-ROOKIE Matt Ryan isn't too shabby himself either.

This team better get its head out of its *** soon, b/c there are ALOT of GOOD NFC teams this year playing SMART football.

Romo hasn't played to the level he should be. He is making rookie mistakes. You can't always depend on a last minute come back every week.

Where is the Killer instincts?

Kangaroo

Reaction score
windward;2332315 said:

Actually Atlanta is a good team if you look at there overall talent and how they are playing then yes. Dallas's problem is it has the talent but is not playing up to the talent level they have.

So are the Bucs and several other teams they are maximizing there talent and getting wins. I mean come on the Bucs have run out Garcia and freakin Griese for crying out loud and manage to make enough plays to win

I think that is the difference from us and the other teams listed

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Boysboy;2332338 said:
Like I said-Parcells bolted too late in the game, that it gave Jerry little window to take his time with the HC search. I would have loved Ron Rivera, but with the offseason fastly approaching, someone with NO HC experience AND having to learn the ropes in a short amount of time wouldn't have done us good.

Same happened to the Pats when Parcells angrily bolted them after that Super Bowl-Pete Carroll was their only emergency option.

Yet in the long run it was the stupidest thing Jerry did we are paying for it in the long run. I was hoping for Rivera but I was really hoping Rex Ryan was ready to take over then the defense would be Rockin and Rollin