Hate to say it but Romo would not have survived this game playing for the Texans

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Romo would not have survived this game playing for the Texans. Savage getting destroyed nearly every play. Watson surviving on wheels alone.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe not but he would have fared better. Experience plays a huge part in knowing when to get rid of the ball. Savage held onto the ball too long several times and was indecisive.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Romo is significantly better avoiding pressure than most. Savage was literally stepping into sacks.

You don't realize how special Romo and Dak are until you see QBs without mobility or pocket awareness. We were blessed with a QB who had eyes in the back of his head, otherwise we probably give up 50+ sacks in 2011-2012.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Romo is a lot better than those guys at recognizing where pressure is coming from (and lots of other things) and adjusting accordjngly.

Last edited:

coogrfan

Reaction score
Maybe not but he would have fared better. Experience plays a huge part in knowing when to get rid of the ball. Savage held onto the ball too long several times and was indecisive.

I love Tony, but come on. This OL is soooooo bad. It would only have been a matter of time before someone put a killshot on him.

coult44

Reaction score
Romo is a lot better than those guys at recognizing where pressure is coming from (and lots of other things) and adjusting accordjngly.

The last 4 times Tony tried to avoid a hit he got hurt. I loved Tony, but it was time for him to go. HE IS DOING AN AMAZING job today on the call. He is where he needs to be at this point in his life... He will become the best in the business in a few years

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love Tony, but come on. This OL is soooooo bad. It would only have been a matter of time before someone put a killshot on him.

I know it is bad but Tony would not have taken most of those sacks, he is shifty back there. I am not saying he would have been their savior but he would have made that team a real contender. Watson/Savage will not get them there.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The last 4 times Tony tried to avoid a hit he got hurt. I loved Tony, but it was time for him to go. HE IS DOING AN AMAZING job today on the call. He is where he needs to be at this point in his life... He will become the best in the business in a few years
Some want to pretend that Tony is the way he was. Don't need to see him carted off the field again.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Some people do not remember the Oline Romo played with when he first started. That said, he is older and not quite as agile and he would have never gone to Houston anyway. Denver was the only option for him.

ghst187

Reaction score
Romo would not have survived this game playing for the Texans. Savage getting destroyed nearly every play. Watson surviving on wheels alone.

Man I was thinking the same thing.
But I was also thinking that they are idiots for not trying to trade for him. I thought that last year and this offseason and I was more right than I knew. They don't have a QB, which in this league means you don't have a prayer.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Man I was thinking the same thing.
But I was also thinking that they are idiots for not trying to trade for him. I thought that last year and this offseason and I was more right than I knew. They don't have a QB, which in this league means you don't have a prayer.

What would be the point of trading for Romo if they don't have the OL to keep him healthy for 16+ games?