Haters Take A Seat Please

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
rkstevens;3441153 said:
You wouldn't take Mo Williams at PG over a 35 year old Derek Fisher? Or Ilgauskus as your backup center over D.J. Benga? Or Verajeo, West and Hickson off the bench over Odom, Farmar and Brown? And Antawn Jamison isn't exactly trash either... His numbers are comparable to Gasol and he plays Cleveland's PF/Stretch 4 position. Some people might even choose O'Neal over oft-injured Bynum. It amazes me when people talk about Cleveland after they inevitably lose and blame Lebron's teammates as if they were trash. Yet somehow this team had the best record in the regular season the last two years with all their "garbage" players.
if I was a lakers fan the only player I would take that you listed would be West for Farmar.

rkstevens

Reaction score
Bleu Star;3441240 said:
I wasn't going to go there... That said, you represented where I may have gone extremely well. :) There's always an excuse for the failure of the guy that only wishes he had half of Kobe's swag.

It's just irritating how people make excuses for Lebron when he fails. The last two seasons Cleveland has gone into the playoffs being considered the best team with the best record and his teammates had a lot to do with that. They've made numerous trades to get better (including a borderline illegal trade) and we keep hearing how Lebron finally has enough help. Then the playoff collapse occurs and suddenly it's because Lebron doesn't have a good enough supporting cast or his coach is bad or whatever. I guess in Cleveland when they win it's because of Lebron and when they lose it's because Lebron doesn't have enough help.

Kobe never got that kind of slack. People don't realize how horrible some of the teams he was on were after Shaq was traded and Fisher left. He has a starting lineup with guys like Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Luke Walton and Odom. He was still able to get the Lakers to the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons in a tough Western Conference had them up 3-1 and within a game of beating the #1 seed Phoenix. But when they lost, the fingers were always pointed at him.

I'm also not sure if I buy the contention that the Lakers would win with Lebron instead of Kobe. It's one of those things that look good on paper but anyone who reads ESPN Hollinger's predictions knows that games aren't played on paper. Lebron doesn't yet have a good post game and wouldn't be able to create as much space with his outside shooting -- all of which are important in the Laker's triangle. The Lakers create offense with movement, spacing and occasionally throwing in screen and rolls and isos. I'm not sure Lebron's ball dominating dribble penetration style fits in with that, especially when it leads to the other 4 guys standing around and watching like we saw with Cleveland in the playoffs. Kobe can fall into that trap occasionally and the Lakers offense suffers when he does if his shooting is off.

Like I said in another thread, people keep saying Lebron is still young. But by Lebron's age, Kobe had already won 3 championships. Lebron would have to win 5 of the next 6 championships to match Kobe's accomplishments by the age of 31.

rkstevens

Reaction score
Rampage;3441279 said:
if I was a lakers fan the only player I would take that you listed would be West for Farmar.

I think Ilgauskus even at his age would be a better backup center than Mbenga. Mo Williams is not a bad player and was an All-Star two seasons ago. He wouldn't fit for the Lakers though -- he shoots well enough, but they require their point guard to be bigger and play good defense. But a lot of teams would take him over a 35 year old Fisher. Heck, some Lakers fans may have before the playoffs. I personally don't like his attitude and the fact that he collapses in the playoffs whereas Fisher gets better. I like Odom but as a group, the combination of Varajeo, West and Hickson is comparable to Odom, Farmar and Brown/Walton. Hickson had improved and was playing great until the Cavs traded for Jamison and he lost his starting spot and his playing time. I would love for the Lakers to have someone as athletic as he is coming off the bench.

Anyway, the point is that people are making it sound like the Cleveland roster is complete trash when in reality, there are some good players there who could play on other teams, even the World Champion Lakers.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
rkstevens;3441423 said:
Kobe never got that kind of slack. People don't realize how horrible some of the teams he was on were after Shaq was traded and Fisher left. He has a starting lineup with guys like Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Luke Walton and Odom.

Nuff said. :laugh2:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
To Slate with love. ;)

4728738319_7f400c6cd9.jpg

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hey Slate - I know you're hungry, but you can't eat any of Kobe's five, chocolatey, delicious, chocolate chip cookies.

rkstevens

Reaction score
Bleu Star;3442013 said:
To Slate with love. ;)

4728738319_7f400c6cd9.jpg

Genius! When I saw Kobe do that after the game, I thought how it reminded me of the USC players getting in front of the band and "directing" them but I didn't think about how much it looked like Lebron's pose, especially that stupid one where the fans threw confetti up in the air with him.

MC KAos

Reaction score
rkstevens;3441153 said:
You wouldn't take Mo Williams at PG over a 35 year old Derek Fisher? Or Ilgauskus as your backup center over D.J. Benga? Or Verajeo, West and Hickson off the bench over Odom, Farmar and Brown? And Antawn Jamison isn't exactly trash either... His numbers are comparable to Gasol and he plays Cleveland's PF/Stretch 4 position. Some people might even choose O'Neal over oft-injured Bynum. It amazes me when people talk about Cleveland after they inevitably lose and blame Lebron's teammates as if they were trash. Yet somehow this team had the best record in the regular season the last two years with all their "garbage" players.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

your joking right? first of derek fisher is super clutch and doesnt disappear in the playoffs like mo williams has done, mo williams is not that great, he has never been that great. Derek Fisher is also not the second or third best player on the lakers, like mo williams is.

kobe=lebron
gasol>>>>>>>jamison
bynum>>mo williams
Odom>>>>>>>>>>>>>ilgauskas
Artest>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whoever you want to say is the fifth best player on the pathetic excuse of a team the cavs put out there

phil jackson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mike brown

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
MC KAos;3443016 said:
kobe>lebron
gasol>>>>>>>jamison
bynum>>mo williams
Odom>>>>>>>>>>>>>ilgauskas
Artest>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whoever you want to say is the fifth best player on the pathetic excuse of a team the cavs put out there

phil jackson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mike brown

There.. Fixed it for ya. ;) Thanks for the team props btw. :p:

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
For the Kobe haters, how many rings does he have to get to get some respect?

MC KAos

Reaction score
Bleu Star;3443078 said:
There.. Fixed it for ya. ;) Thanks for the team props btw. :p:

Lol nice, but u get my drift on the lakers having a much better team than the cavs. :laugh2:

Avaj;3443081 said:
For the Kobe haters, how many rings does he have to get to get some respect?

I respect Kobe, I've said he is one of the best ever and top 5 clutch player. I just personally think lebron is better, it's just my opinion

MC KAos

Reaction score
Now I will admit that lebron won't be anywhere near Kobe if he doesn't win multiple titles, but i think it's just a matter of time

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
MC KAos;3443091 said:
Now I will admit that lebron won't be anywhere near Kobe if he doesn't win multiple titles, but i think it's just a matter of time

SLATEmosphere;3443327 said:

LeFail on the left ;)
[youtube]KX5jNnDMfxA[/youtube]

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;3443346 said:
LeFail on the left ;)
[youtube]KX5jNnDMfxA[/youtube]

That isn't even the best part Bleu. It's when he answers the door and says.."married!?...........what was all that one in a million talk?"

LOL

But nothing tops.."Big gulps eh?...*awkward pause*..well, see ya later!"