Hat's off to Bill/Middle finger to Dallas media

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I'm personally tired of the Dallas media. (Obviously, the media in general because they are the same everywhere.)

As a fan, I personally see the Dallas media as the enemy often. Are any of the Dallas media actually a fan themself or is it just a job? I would love to have their job. I wish at least one true fan would occupy that position for inquiring minds, such as my own. I understand that the controversial stories sell and getting the scoop is everything in the media. But don't tell me that there isn't a large market of people like myself that are far more interested in team news and individual progress, etc. rather than scandals and rumors.

These jerkoffs interfere with our team's chemistry and focus and create the majority of the contraversies and keep them stirring. It's a distraction and an insult, IMO. And yet they report nothing. More often than not, it's lies, speculation, and repetition.

I get 20-30 minutes a day to hear an in depth update from the head coach himself on my favorite football team... and it is wasted with attempts at poking and prodding the same issue and stirring up the same non-existant contraversies.

Idiots like T.O. would not have the power to affect a team if not for the media that supports his behavior and, in most cases, creates it. He's not worth talking about, IMO and if no one did, he wouldn't be accustomed to being a malcontent. What about Jamaica Rector? Tyson Thompson? McBriar? Kevin Burnett? Miles Austin? Never even knew anything about Kai Parham until he was cut. How about asking a question like, "How does your team prepare to face defenses that are all 4-3 scheme this season when they spend all of their current practices facing their own 3-4?"

Bill is unjustly labeled as tense and temperamental when he gets on edge with his responses. But the media draws first blood by taking jabs and asking unimportant question just to create a story. IMO, Bill is an interesting individual with a unique outlook on life and football. And often he speaks very passionately about age, life, and football in ways that make me proud to be a Cowboys fan and thankful that we have such a dedicated and experienced leader. He doesn't have to be as personal or openminded in his responses but he offers it willingly. He seems to make honest attempts at conveying what it is in his mind and why he does things the way he does. Many coaches just go the "political" route and say basically nothing about anything, thus providing the fans with nothing to chew on. Honestly, the public doesn't need to know everything. The elememt of surprise works FOR your football team. And if you want a better chance at being successful, you should be willing to remain in the dark on certain issues for the benefit of your team.

My hat's off to Bill. I think he handles himself and the media properly and while many will sneer at his "attitude" and sometimes irate behavior... I think it's warranted and is merely a response to an offensive approach from the worthless media. He's certainly not perfect and I don't necessarily agree with everything he does or says. But I trust his judgement and respect his methods.

cowpolk21

Reaction score
Hey Qwickdraw, I rarely post on this board but I read as much as I can everyday. That my friend was a wonderful, well thought out post. I agree 100%

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
cowpolk21 said:
Hey Qwickdraw, I rarely post on this board but I read as much as I can everyday. That my friend was a wonderful, well thought out post. I agree 100%
Thank you...

and welcome to the board.

Apparently, you have great taste... you should post more often. :D

TtownCowboy

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I'm personally tired of the Dallas media. (Obviously, the media in general because they are the same everywhere.)

As a fan, I personally see the Dallas media as the enemy often. Are any of the Dallas media actually a fan themself or is it just a job? I would love to have their job. I wish at least one true fan would occupy that position for inquiring minds, such as my own. I understand that the controversial stories sell and getting the scoop is everything in the media. But don't tell me that there isn't a large market of people like myself that are far more interested in team news and individual progress, etc. rather than scandals and rumors.

These ******** interfere with our team's chemistry and focus and create the majority of the contraversies and keep them stirring. It's a distraction and an insult, IMO. And yet they report nothing. More often than not, it's lies, speculation, and repetition.

I get 20-30 minutes a day to hear an in depth update from the head coach himself on my favorite football team... and it is wasted with attempts at poking and prodding the same issue and stirring up the same non-existant contraversies.

Idiots like T.O. would not have the power to affect a team if not for the media that supports his behavior and, in most cases, creates it. He's not worth talking about, IMO and if no one did, he wouldn't be accustomed to being a malcontent. What about Jamaica Rector? Tyson Thompson? McBriar? Kevin Burnett? Miles Austin? Never even knew anything about Kai Parham until he was cut. How about asking a question like, "How does your team prepare to face defenses that are all 4-3 scheme this season when they spend all of their current practices facing their own 3-4?"

Bill is unjustly labeled as tense and temperamental when he gets on edge with his responses. But the media draws first blood by taking jabs and asking unimportant question just to create a story. IMO, Bill is an interesting individual with a unique outlook on life and football. And often he speaks very passionately about age, life, and football in ways that make me proud to be a Cowboys fan and thankful that we have such a dedicated and experienced leader. He doesn't have to be as personal or openminded in his responses but he offers it willingly. He seems to make honest attempts at conveying what it is in his mind and why he does things the way he does. Many coaches just go the "political" route and say basically nothing about anything, thus providing the fans with nothing to chew on. Honestly, the public doesn't need to know everything. The elememt of surprise works FOR your football team. And if you want a better chance at being successful, you should be willing to remain in the dark on certain issues for the benefit of your team.

My hat's off to Bill. I think he handles himself and the media properly and while many will sneer at his "attitude" and sometimes irate behavior... I think it's warranted and is merely a response to an offensive approach from the worthless media. He's certainly not perfect and I don't necessarily agree with everything he does or says. But I trust his judgement and respect his methods.

Great post. I agree 100%. :bow: I do think JJT is a fan though and reports like one from time to time.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Good rant, but don't forget to give the middle finger to the audience that pays attention to Owens and his distractions, including us/Commanders fans/49ers fans who had a great laugh when he was making a joke out of the Eagles last year. Owens wants face time, will grab face time and as long as the media knows that people will watch, will give it to him.

To answer your question though, a columnist should be neutral (Keyword should because there are columnists out there that are angry haters and those that are cheerleaders whose team can do no wrong).

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
cowpolk21 said:
:welcome:

QD, :hammer:

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
Good rant, but don't forget to give the middle finger to the audience that pays attention to Owens and his distractions, including us/Commanders fans/49ers fans who had a great laugh when he was making a joke out of the Eagles last year. Owens wants face time, will grab face time and as long as the media knows that people will watch, will give it to him.

To answer your question though, a columnist should be neutral (Keyword should because there are columnists out there that are angry haters and those that are cheerleaders whose team can do no wrong).
The neutral stance is important because I agree that some think the sky is falling always while others never see anything wrong. I consider Spags to be close to that. But I wouldn't mind a reporter who is a fan and reveals it willingly and approaches BP, etc. from a fan's state of mind. Focusing on what the true fans want to know and reporting from a fan's perspective, not what the general public or the evening news craves.

Cowboyszone.com needs to ink a deal with Dallas and send me to the press venues. I'll bring back the goods each time. :D

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'll admit it, I don't like you too much quickdraw on the board, I don't know you personally, you may be a great person.

But I have to say, you put up one of the best posts I've seen in a long time, and you should focus more on those types of posts.

Well done..

Hiero

Reaction score
same here. all of teh dallas media is salivating over the chance of anything remotely close to happening. pretty pathetic if you ask me I;ve just been completely ignoring anything at all teh media has to say about to and the cowboys, because the only thing they ever talk about at all is how Parcells is on the verge of blowing up when that isnt the case.

RESIN8

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it fellas. For a weekend espn will get to talk about its most favorite topic in the world. Boston red sox and New York Yankees. Should get some relief from TO being the main focus of espn teasers. After today this story will be done for at least 5 nights.

Duane

Reaction score
cowpolk21 said:
:welcome:

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Clove said:
I'll admit it, I don't like you too much quickdraw on the board, I don't know you personally, you may be a great person.

But I have to say, you put up one of the best posts I've seen in a long time, and you should focus more on those types of posts.

Well done..
You hold grudges too long. ;) :D

By now, you ought to know that the reason you get a sharp and arrogant response out of me often is because I am, in fact, an intelligent individual and a VERY ardent Cowboys supporter.

Thank you for the compliment.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
RESIN8 said:
I wouldn't worry about it fellas. For a weekend espn will get to talk about its most favorite topic in the world. Boston red sox and New York Yankees. Should get some relief from TO being the main focus of espn teasers. After today this story will be done for at least 5 nights.
T.O. or baseball

T.O. or baseball

-can't decide which one I loathe more.

T.O. should go play baseball.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Let me enlighten everybody on something. The fastest way to make a name for yourself as a reporter, either news or sports, is to bring about the downfall of someone famous, a politician, actor, or professional athlete. That is what our media has become in this country. All reporters are out there everyday looking to destroy somebody. The more famous that person is, the better it will be for the reporter. Its a sad fact but thats the way it is. The Dallas media sees an easy target in the Parcells-Bledsoe-Owens triangle and they won't stop until they get the big blowup they want. They will push and push at every little thing trying to turn it into the big one. The reporter who finally gets this done will be able to write their ticket to any job they want after its all said and done!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
You hold grudges too long. ;) :D

By now, you ought to know that the reason you get a sharp and arrogant response out of me often is because I am, in fact, an intelligent individual and a VERY ardent Cowboys supporter.

Thank you for the compliment.
I'm starting to like you just a little bit now, but don't expect a birthday present.:p:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Quickdraw...that was a good post...and I agree with you!

Here are five Beautiful Stars for you....

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Cowboys22 said:
Let me enlighten everybody on something. The fastest way to make a name for yourself as a reporter, either news or sports, is to bring about the downfall of someone famous, a politician, actor, or professional athlete. That is what our media has become in this country. All reporters are out there everyday looking to destroy somebody. The more famous that person is, the better it will be for the reporter. Its a sad fact but thats the way it is. The Dallas media sees an easy target in the Parcells-Bledsoe-Owens triangle and they won't stop until they get the big blowup they want. They will push and push at every little thing trying to turn it into the big one. The reporter who finally gets this done will be able to write their ticket to any job they want after its all said and done!

There may be a few like that, but you're wrong to paint all of them with the same big brush.

And the last thing I would want is to have a "true fan" as the team's beat writer.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I would haveto agree with the most part ofyour post QD. Although, I also have to agree with the sentiment that the media should be neutral (neither pro or con for the team). That's how news SHOULD be reported. Not just sports news, ALL news. Unfortunately, in the instant information, bleeding is leading age of today's media, very rarely is the real news reported without some kind of personal slant or agenda.

The idea of a free flow of information is nothing more than a pipe dream. There's nothing free flowing at all about the information that we are fed from virtually every media source in the country. It's contricted and agenda driven from all sides of the playing field from Fox News to CNN to ESPN. It's too bad that the people that are force fed this **** on a daily basis don't have the power to tell these outlets that we aren't interested in their ******* opinion about what happened today or your myopic view of what we should think is important about what happened today just report what happened today from ALL angles!

Rant over, you may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

SS