Hat's off to Bill/Middle finger to Dallas media

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Chief said:
And the last thing I would want is to have a "true fan" as the team's beat writer.

Very true...otherwise the team can "get full of themselves" real fast...

:star:

Hiero

Reaction score
Cowboys22 said:
Let me enlighten everybody on something. The fastest way to make a name for yourself as a reporter, either news or sports, is to bring about the downfall of someone famous, a politician, actor, or professional athlete. That is what our media has become in this country. All reporters are out there everyday looking to destroy somebody. The more famous that person is, the better it will be for the reporter. Its a sad fact but thats the way it is. The Dallas media sees an easy target in the Parcells-Bledsoe-Owens triangle and they won't stop until they get the big blowup they want. They will push and push at every little thing trying to turn it into the big one. The reporter who finally gets this done will be able to write their ticket to any job they want after its all said and done!
I would love to write this person a big ** and ticket to my house so I can beat him senselessly. skip bayless has made a career off being an *** like this. if you saw him on 1st and 10 he was in full force with the conspiracy BS, what a dip****

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Chief said:
There may be a few like that, but you're wrong to paint all of them with the same big brush.

And the last thing I would want is to have a "true fan" as the team's beat writer.
Not as the beat writer.

Just someone who writes for their own fan website or something other than a large newspaper, publication, affiliate, etc. Someone to ask the pertinent questions.

And I mean an objective type. Not an optimist.
Very hard to find, I know. But I personally think I could do it and do it well so I can't help but think their must be someone else out there who can. I also can't help but think that if someone did it successfully, it would lead the way for other reporters to step back and reevaluate their reporting priorities.

"You mean Cowboys football fans actually want to read about the Cowboys football?"

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I have no problems with the media being neutral, but they don't have to try and manufacture something that isn't there.

They wanted to see TO on the practice field, and they wanted BP to fire off on TO about it, so they pushed the heck out of Parcells and TO to get them to start firing off on each other.

That to me is sick, and because of crap like that, I only use the media for information and will never make my opinions based on their crappy opinions.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
skinsscalper said:
I would haveto agree with the most part ofyour post QD. Although, I also have to agree with the sentiment that the media should be neutral (neither pro or con for the team). That's how news SHOULD be reported. Not just sports news, ALL news. Unfortunately, in the instant information, bleeding is leading age of today's media, very rarely is the real news reported without some kind of personal slant or agenda.

The idea of a free flow of information is nothing more than a pipe dream. There's nothing free flowing at all about the information that we are fed from virtually every media source in the country. It's contricted and agenda driven from all sides of the playing field from Fox News to CNN to ESPN. It's too bad that the people that are force fed this **** on a daily basis don't have the power to tell these outlets that we aren't interested in their ******* opinion about what happened today or your myopic view of what we should think is important about what happened today just report what happened today from ALL angles!

Rant over, you may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

SS

Very true....

"Kick em when their up...
Kick em when their down...

Give us dirty laundry...."

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Chief said:
There may be a few like that, but you're wrong to paint all of them with the same big brush.

I agree. I think folks are looking at this in black and white. The media is either all a bunch of sensationalist, trash digging, hacks, or they should all be Cowboys homers who respect everyone and never try to dig up hidden stories.

The media gets on my nerves too, but they're a necessary evil. I think sometimes folks get angry because they don't want to hear the truth. If it ain't "all things are going perfect and the Cowboys are on track for the Super Bowl" I think it bugs some people.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
I agree. I think folks are looking at this in black and white. The media is either all a bunch of sensationalist, trash digging, hacks, or they should all be Cowboys homers who respect everyone and never try to dig up hidden stories.

The media gets on my nerves too, but they're a necessary evil. I think sometimes folks get angry because they don't want to hear the truth. If it ain't "all things are going perfect and the Cowboys are on track for the Super Bowl" I think it bugs some people.

Very true....!

"Don't tell me what is wrong...I don't want to hear it...just please tell me what is right..."

That is not how life works! Well, except for the RedStink fans...everything is rosey in their bizarre world!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Chief said:

True Chief...

But what most reporters don't realize is that they are an advocate to the readership. The vehicle by which we get our news. The problem is that many have carved out this niche, this club among themselves where they slap each other on the back and smoke a cigar when they can tear down a franchise. I would imagine that we here at the Zone would represent the average/above average fan. The fans here are TIRED of the negativity and attempts to start controversy.

I don't mind them being a fan as long as they can report the facts down the middle.

I do think also that many fans confuse columnists with beat-writers. There is a distinct difference. Unfortunately some of the beat-writers have confused themselves with columnists as well...

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
5Stars said:
Very true...otherwise the team can "get full of themselves" real fast...
The fans can too, just ask any Yankees/Red Sox fan in July. They and the local media think the other 30 teams exist only to stockpile talent for them to take at their discretion.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
GTaylor said:
The fans can too, just ask any Yankees/Red Sox fan in July. They and the local media think the other 30 teams exist only to stockpile talent for them to take at their discretion.

Exactely!

That's why it would be nice to have someone, anyone, just report the TRUTH of what is going on! It's good for the team and the fans...

By the way, baseball totally sucks!

I get more intertainment on what is really going on from the boys and girls that attend training camp then from some reporter that is trying to "break a story" by creating some controversy....

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
trickblue said:
True Chief...

But what most reporters don't realize is that they are an advocate to the readership. The vehicle by which we get our news. The problem is that many have carved out this niche, this club among themselves where they slap each other on the back and smoke a cigar when they can tear down a franchise. I would imagine that we here at the Zone would represent the average/above average fan. The fans here are TIRED of the negativity and attempts to start controversy.

I don't mind them being a fan as long as they can report the facts down the middle.

I do think also that many fans confuse columnists with beat-writers. There is a distinct difference. Unfortunately some of the beat-writers have confused themselves with columnists as well...

Here are some Beautiful Stars for you...!

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

J-DOG

Reaction score
I like the last paragraph of the originial post.
That is well said and puts everything I see into perspective.

The media can be disruptive to your team.
With TO on the team that goes double now.
Guys like Ed Werder and Peter King came down to Oxnard looking for the controversy to begin.
Instead what they got was TO returning to practice.
So they report that Parcells tells the head trainer that TO better get back to practice.
Parcells shoots that down at the press conference today by basically saying that if he was to talk to anyone it would not be a trainer.
Even when TO came back to practice the media wanted to start something with Parcells and TO with this last report.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Wow I'm a little surprised to see a postive post from you Qwickdraw ;)

I mostly agree with the post...Parcells is a good and highly entertaining coach. Jerry Jones is a dedicated owner who will put himself out there and take it when he's wrong.

I really don't think most of the media are fans. JJT and Clarence Hill are both somewhat fans of some of the players I think but the FWST and ESPN people aren't Cowboys fans at all. Well Estridge might be a little. But you can't let them upset you, let them do their job and let Bill do his.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
Wow I'm a little surprised to see a postive post from you Qwickdraw ;)

I mostly agree with the post...Parcells is a good and highly entertaining coach. Jerry Jones is a dedicated owner who will put himself out there and take it when he's wrong.

I really don't think most of the media are fans. JJT and Clarence Hill are both somewhat fans of some of the players I think but the FWST and ESPN people aren't Cowboys fans at all. Well Estridge might be a little. But you can't let them upset you, let them do their job and let Bill do his.
I have positive posts all of the time.

But like the media, they don't get the attention that the negative ones do. ;)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Mickey grew up a Chicago Bears fan.
If they told Mickey that he could never come around the Cowboys facility anymore, he has to start doing reports on the Rangers, he would fall over and die.

That guy loves the Cowboys.

Straight Arrow

Reaction score
Thanks, Quickdraw, for speaking your mind and what's been on my mind for quite a while.

Let's ignore the mediots and reward those in that profession who understand the true fan's desire to know about the team they love.

I rarely post, but am adding my reply in the hopes that someone in the media sees the overwhelming response to this thread, takes note and responds with positive change.

sbark

Reaction score
being thrown around for the media, applicable in most situations.., not original by fits the bill most times

Drive by Media.........

They take a quickie look, give a quickie "opinion"---seldom the actuall facts
and then move quickly on