Hats off to TO

CantonBound08

Reaction score
chinch;1839009 said:
hats off.... he DROPPED HUGE PLAYS that could have decided this game in our favor. romo was injured, jason clueless and TO wilted.

are our expectations that low that we praise him for NOT being a distraction, even when he does NOTHING on the field?
Ok, TO is not my favorite player. Not even close, but I can't really see how you can pin this loss on him or any other receiver. A receiver can't do a whole lot if he can't get his hands on the ball. He did have one drop on 2nd down. (I believe it was second down.) I could be wrong, but I think that was his only drop. It was not a huge play either. It wasn't as if he were in the end zone or anything. It was early in the 2nd half.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
chinch;1839009 said:
hats off.... he DROPPED HUGE PLAYS that could have decided this game in our favor. romo was injured, jason clueless and TO wilted.

are our expectations that low that we praise him for NOT being a distraction, even when he does NOTHING on the field?
Clearly the point of this thread wasn't to praise his efforts on the field.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm glad TO is handling the media well, but he looked like a ticking time bomb out there today. He made some mistakes - dropping the ball, slipping on 3rd down, but his anger didn't seem to be at himself. He was mad at either Romo or the playcalling or both. I mentioned in another thread that he was glaring at Romo when Romo said something to him on the sideline. I just hope TO realizes that his own efforts could've been the difference too.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Dodger12;1838172 said:
What does that say about the player when we have to congratulate him for not throwing someone under the bus, as oposed to his play on the field?

It says we're congratulating him for furthering his maturation process.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
im just sick of the cameras always being on him when bad things happen to Dallas, as if the media is waiting for him to explode........i also hate how the reporters constantly try to bait him, just so they can get the next juicy story.

TO is making them all look foolish and I am loving it. He has finally started outsmarting the Mediots

CantonBound08

Reaction score
Biggems;1839120 said:
im just sick of the cameras always being on him when bad things happen to Dallas, as if the media is waiting for him to explode........i also hate how the reporters constantly try to bait him, just so they can get the next juicy story.

TO is making them all look foolish and I am loving it. He has finally started outsmarting the Mediots
I don't like them finding him on the sideline either, but he hasn't let them down in the past. He makes for a very easy story for the media when he throws a tantrum.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
CantonBound08;1839030 said:
Ok, TO is not my favorite player. Not even close, but I can't really see how you can pin this loss on him or any other receiver. A receiver can't do a whole lot if he can't get his hands on the ball. He did have one drop on 2nd down. (I believe it was second down.) I could be wrong, but I think that was his only drop. It was not a huge play either. It wasn't as if he were in the end zone or anything. It was early in the 2nd half.
i'm not PINNING it on him but YET AGAIN when things are free falling he fails to open the parachute. then you guys praise him?

he made alot of stupid comments this week too, and came up small again vs philly (that is 3 of 4 games he was a gimp vs philly)

given the final score ANY FIRST DOWN might have been the difference. i wont even mention the "slip" for last INT. the guy just doesn't fight for the ball as you all can see.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CantonBound08;1838996 said:
Oh, but it would have been so easy to do. If they replay it, be sure and watch it. They were throwing him softballs right down the pipe just hoping he would say something like "Romo sucked, I was wide open and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn". I was glad he didn't say anything like that. However, when I heard the way the questions were asked I was thinking "uh oh"...

:hammer:

Eddie

Reaction score
I don't know about this ... TO's supposed to be a playmaker, and he's done a disappearing act for 2 straight games.

So what's it going to be from now on? Double TO and shut down the Cowboys O?

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Dodger12;1838172 said:
What does that say about the player when we have to congratulate him for not throwing someone under the bus, as oposed to his play on the field?
How was your play on the field yesterday? How many catches did you have? For how many yards? OH and How many TD's?

joseephuss

Reaction score
GoinForSix;1838171 said:
If we were 8-6 right now, with BP as our coach - then it's a different story.

If Dallas were 8-6 right now would it matter if TO went off?

Dodger12

Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1839681 said:
How was your play on the field yesterday? How many catches did you have? For how many yards? OH and How many TD's?

What's your point............?

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Just that you are nothing more then a couch potatto who wishes he had played the game and never had the talent. So you talk trash about people with talent because you have none of your own. So go back to your little dead end job and dream about the day you can retire into mediocrity in that dissgusting little city of yours. Because the fact is that T.O. is the best player your city ever saw. You will never have a player like him again.

Your QB messed everything up because he couldn't handle anyone else having any of the spot light. Stallworth said he and McNabb wouldn't have been able to be on the same team for long without the same thing happening.

I just wish you guys would stop hating on T.O. just because he is great. I mean every week people try to make something of nothing and it all starts with philly fans. I understand your upset but you must understand that things are going back to their natural order. We belong on top and you on bottom. Thats just the way it is.

Hey did your coach not expect his kids to turn into drug addicted thugs when he moved them to philly? I mean anyone could have seen that one comming. Just look at the stink hole of a city.

Dodger12

Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1839748 said:
Just that you are nothing more then a couch potatto who wishes he had played the game and never had the talent. So you talk trash about people with talent because you have none of your own. So go back to your little dead end job and dream about the day you can retire into mediocrity in that dissgusting little city of yours. Because the fact is that T.O. is the best player your city ever saw. You will never have a player like him again.

Your QB messed everything up because he couldn't handle anyone else having any of the spot light. Stallworth said he and McNabb wouldn't have been able to be on the same team for long without the same thing happening.

I just wish you guys would stop hating on T.O. just because he is great. I mean every week people try to make something of nothing and it all starts with philly fans. I understand your upset but you must understand that things are going back to their natural order. We belong on top and you on bottom. Thats just the way it is.

Hey did your coach not expect his kids to turn into drug addicted thugs when he moved them to philly? I mean anyone could have seen that one comming. Just look at the stink hole of a city.

Comprehension is a beautiful thing. How you came up with the above bullcrap from my post is beyond me. I never cut the man (TO) nor the original poster (Erik), I just stated that I wouldn't thank him for acting like a professional. If that's too shallow a thought for you or too difficult for you to understand, then don't read the post and don't respond since you can't understand the written language.

Now, if you think my posts are "trash talking", go back and read your posts then read mine and then tell me who's talking trash. As a matter of fact, go back and read any of my previous posts and point out where I trash talked another poster. You can disagree without getting personal; it's called civility.

But your question about whether or not I've played the game is a shallow attempt by an insecure person to show people that you might have played football in he past and, thus, only your opinion counts or it is more valid than someone else's. That's bush league stuff in a fan forum. If you're a disgruntled former athlete and need to advertise it, then that's fine. If you feel that it makes you brighter than most, that's fine too but at least act like it.

But your real ignorance, along with another poster, is claiming that I'm an Eagles fan and then wasting your time posting such trash that has nothing to do with topic or subject being discussed. I've been here since early in 2004. You just joined the best Cowboys forum in October, 2007. What rock where you hiding under while you're questioning my loyalty? Or are you a former poster who kept embarrassing himself in the past that you had to come back under a new screen name. Seeing your ignorance and lack of class, I think the latter is highly probable......

alancdc

Reaction score
I agree. I was shocked that Romo missed him early down the sideline. He is so consistent on that toss I sometimes take it for grantid.