Have a look at our quality OL play

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Garrett's a pioneer.

The only thing I can come up with is this is certainly some sort of misdirection play. Definitely designed as you can see Dak heading straight to Zeke in proper form to handoff. There’s no designed counterstep from Zeke to try to bait the LBers and no additional blocker to lead on the backside. The flow of the play goes to the left and every critical blocker is moving to the left. Just a poorly designed play.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

One
Two
Three
Four

Yeah ima get four peeps fired tonight. Hell yeah

Coincidence? Similarity? Something familiar about all this...but I just can't .....:cool:

MV5BMTc5Nzk0NDcyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDg3OTU2._V1_UY317_CR16,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What is difficult to see here? TE missed his block.

Can I get a comfy seat on NFL Network?

Its a hell of a lot more than one guy missing a block that is wrong here.

There are at least three oline guys all moving in different directions.......one guy lowers his head and runs right into the back of Tyron Smith. What the hell is that???

This literally looks like three different plays with three different blocking assignments all being run at the same time. And this is after they fired the oline coach???

Wow.......maybe Colombo needs to clean out his desk too if this is the type of blocking he is teaching:facepalm:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I’m lost as well. A rookie TE blew an easy assignment and this is supposed to be an indictment on the OL? Makes no sense.

Its not just a missed block by the TE, its totally different blocking techniques being used by different oline guys, including one guy just lowering his head and ramming himself into the back to Tyron Smith, apparently he is trying to block an invisible gopher!!!

You want specifics? One guy is doing a wham block, one guy is doing a trap block, and a third guy is zone blocking all on the same dam play? You guys seriously dont see this?

That is like basic oline 101 they teach you in Jr. High...........to even have a play like this happen at the NFL level is laughable.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This is why I don't trust #4....the moment got too big for him...and he felt "pressure"...when there wasn't a soul around him. Totally collapsed mentally...

Dude is seeing ghost out there, bailed from a clean pocket.

Once that happens to a QB, they are done.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What you call ‘running into coverages’ is what happens on every play.. basically he sucks at going through his progressions.

So apparently you can tell what you just said by a screenshot, but I can’t. I guess the blocking sucked on the Dak INT as well.

So when are you going to watch the tape where Witten said Dak isn’t the type of QB to go through progressions and they need to isolate a guy to target or are you going to continue with your distractions because of your Dak infatuation?

AC loves making excuses for Daks inadequacies.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The offense as a unit is terrible. Plays, scheme, and execution. Coaching and leadership on the field is lacking.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Is your feelings hurt that the thread your referencing also shows Dak having three WRs WIDE OPEN with nobody around him? Where is the bad blocking?

To answer the guy's question, he's looking at the backs of 2 of his receivers. Even if he had thrown the ball, it would have been incomplete because the route obviously wasn't designed to end where the yellow circles are for the 2 WRs in the middle of the field.

Dak is struggling, but this is just a stupid critique. Throw it to WRs who are neither expecting the pass nor looking for it. That's the suggestion here?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is your Dallas Cowboys under the great, grand tutelage of the clapping carrot... but once again we get treated to his famous line, " well we did some things good, and there are some things we need to clean up and fix, I can say more after I watch the tape".... are you KIDDING me!! we are in week NINE for petes sake's, what tape is this clown watching? Cause what we as fan's are seeing, is a rerun every stinking week form this bunch? OM gosh FIRE THAT FOOL already.

Not just "week NINE", we're in year NINE!
:facepalm:

LurkingCowboy

Reaction score
To answer the guy's question, he's looking at the backs of 2 of his receivers. Even if he had thrown the ball, it would have been incomplete because the route obviously wasn't designed to end where the yellow circles are for the 2 WRs in the middle of the field.

Dak is struggling, but this is just a stupid critique. Throw it to WRs who are neither expecting the pass nor looking for it. That's the suggestion here?

It's called anticipation. Dak doesn't have that. Go look at any good QB and the ball is often released before the WR is through with his break. That is open in the NFL.

khiladi

Reaction score

Wait, offenses don’t exist that are timing based and throws aren’t still made when backs are turned?