Have our Draft Needs Changed?

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
With the a emergence of Miles, KO, Brooking, Sensy and our young linebackers do we need to spend high draft picks on WR, LB and FS? Hopefully we'll be looking at the O-line pretty hard..

tunahelper

Reaction score
Vinnie2u;3066777 said:
With the a emergence of Miles, KO, Brooking, Sensy and our young linebackers do we need to spend high draft picks on WR, LB and FS? Hopefully we'll be looking at the O-line pretty hard..

DL and LB should also be apart of the draft plan. In the 3-4, drafting LB's is always a mainstay. I would like to see a good, young FS drafted and compete with Hamlin.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I still say FS and LT. I think the thing that may have changed is the immediate need of those posistions to step in and play in 2010. What I mean is if we like a LT but think he is not as polished as another LT, we can afford to take him and groom him a year behind Flozell.

I'm thrilled with the way the team is playing and even Ken Hamlin seems to be playing solid back there. I'd still like a "true" free safety even if he backs up Hamlin next season.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Hopefully, our situation will be no glaring needs and take the best player available.

That is why Free and Ogletree need playing time. We especially need to see what we have in Free. Give him a series or two to grade him.

Smith22

Reaction score
Offensive Tackle, Nose tackle, safety and linebacker.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
i think we need to look at OL, OL and then OL.

1. Flo is just about done. He will probably be released if there's no cap next year. WE dont know what Free can REALLY do. We should be able to get one of the top 4/5 LT's in the draft.
2. Our depth is of huge concern. I agree we have a solid, yet aging , starting core of guys. I panicked huge last night when Gurode went down. We need depth at G and C. Hopefully Brewster can be that backup RT for now until he can step in and hopefully start.

WE may look at S again if we release Ken Hamlin. His salary is way too big for toolittle return IMO. Mike Hamlin may be the answer but it cant help to have another guy in there as well.

If Carp leaves as i expect we may pickup another ILB. JWilliams is the long term answer but depth again would be an issue(especially if Stephen Hodges knee does not heal correctly).

Reaction score
Newman's replacement needs to be found,,, he is 31yrs old now.

OL/ DL should be concentrated on in every draft

ILB to replace Brooking

The Realist

Reaction score
1) FS

2) OL depth

3) DL depth (guy who can play 3-4 DE and be a penetrating nickel DT)

4) CB depth

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
ukinto8;3066807 said:
If Carp leaves as i expect we may pickup another ILB. JWilliams is the long term answer but depth again would be an issue(especially if Stephen Hodges knee does not heal correctly).

Why would Carp leave? He won't be a free agent.

Smith22

Reaction score
EGG;3066814 said:

Not it rounds 1 or 2. I don't see it happening. 3 and after, sure.

Reaction score
Smith22;3066836 said:
Not it rounds 1 or 2. I don't see it happening. 3 and after, sure.

wherever the good CBs are, that's where you need to draft them. Hopefully the staff doesn't suffer from any wishful bargain-basement-pipe-dreams or preconceived notions of which round the CB has to be plucked from...

RS12

Reaction score
Nope, need future starters on the O Line, D Line depth, Safety, can never have enough quality corners.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
EGG;3066814 said:

OL/ DL should be concentrated on in every draft

ILB to replace Brooking

Scandrick and Jenkins are already on the team.. OL is my choice..

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
WOW! Can't believe how many responses you got on this thread the day after we move into sole possesion of 1st place.

This is the type of conversation for loser skins fans to have in Nov.

But WTH, I'll chime in.

It would appear WR has moved far down the list of needs. I'd say OL and FS.

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
Just follow the draft board and take the best player available.This organization has always gotten itslef into trouble when it starts drafting for need.

Craig

Smith22

Reaction score
EGG;3066851 said:
wherever the good CBs are, that's where you need to draft them. Hopefully the staff doesn't suffer from any wishful bargain-basement-pipe-dreams or preconceived notions of which round the CB has to be plucked from...

We have Jenkins, TNew and Scandrick. Unless a star CB falls for some reason, I don't see CB high on the teams draft list come rounds 1 or 2.

reddyuta

Reaction score
we were never going to draft a WR anyway.we might still draft a all-round MLB if one falls to us but O-line is still the big need.I wouldnt be unhappy if we took an OT or the best C/g with our first pick.

Smith22

Reaction score
craig71;3066867 said:
Just follow the draft board and take the best player available.

To an extent. If the best available player is a RB, do you honestly see us taking one? You HAVE to balance in need as well. Say the BPA is a QB we have rated as a 90, but the left tackle available is a 87 and we have decide that LT is a huge need and QB is not. I'm pretty sure LT would be the choice.

You have to balance both best available player and team needs.

Reaction score
Vinnie2u;3066856 said:
Scandrick and Jenkins are already on the team.. OL is my choice..

so now we are going to settle for having only 2 good CBs when TNew leaves? I don't think that's a winning formula in today's NFL, lol... he probably does have 2-3 good years left in him though.