Have to admit about Dak

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We NEVER pass into the end zone. The 4 straight gut runs before half was cringy

Dak played a great game though but I don't think KM trusts him to pass in the RZ

All of the following was in the Redzone and into the endzone for the TDs

Cowboys first TD to Jarwin was a pass in the redzone 2:13 of video
Wilson drops the TD pass inside the red zone 6:12
TD to CeeDee in the redzone at 8:20 which was after an attempt to throw a td to CeeDee the play prior.

So not really sure about saying that we NEVER pass into the endzone and that you don;t think KM trusts him to pass in the RZ when he did it multiple times in this game alone.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
that why im being fair gave them a TIE

that a big step for me , ROMO was one of my favorite cowboys of all time. i hold him in high regard..so for me this year Dak has moved into a tie for me is saying he has arrived and elevated his game..

this tie can be broken

all dak has to do is win 2 playoff games and get us into the NFCCG..that it that will be the next step, ie playoff success..
I'm not arguing either way. I think both are great and am happy to leave it at that.

mardwin

Reaction score
I’ve always thought romo was better. He’s more accurate and has a faster release, but Dak has closed the gap a lot this year. If he improves in the red zone, I’ll have to say he’s better.

We never saw prime Romo without Garrett. So It is unfair to say Dak is better when everyone saw how inconsistent Dak was with Garrett. But I get your point that Dak looks much improved.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Romo went toe to toe with some of the very best qbs in the league. Peyton manning in denver ....for example . Yep there was an int. To end the game.....but without Tony's talent.....Manning destroys us. Games against packers when the defensecrapped the bed, or rb fumbles the game away or our best wr couldn't get it done.

I think its very clear Tony never had this collection of talent on single team.

All those losses you blame Tony for.....we'd never have been in it or had chances if not for him. And I will tell you yet again....he's got excellent 4th qtr numbers and game winners. Your memory fails tou.

Yeah I completely forgot that Romo never had a hall of fame tight end or a hall of fame wide receiver.. or MULTIPLE all pro receivers.... Oh wait..

Yes Romo had great comeback numbers.. He also had a too many games where HE was the reason the comeback was needed. Romo had 9 of 127 games or at least 3 INTs (7%) . He had 26 of 127 games with at least 2 INTs or 20%. One out of every 5 starts in his career he had at least 2 picks..

Dak on the other has had 2 of 75 games with at least 3 INTs (2.6%) and 11 of 75 games with at least 2 INTs or 14.6%. This is a clear illustration of just how much better Dak has been taking care of the ball. Even more telling is that he has only had 2 multiple INT games in the last three years.. One each in 2019 and 2020.. Obviously none so far this year.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We never saw prime Romo without Garrett. So It is unfair to say Dak is better when everyone saw how inconsistent Dak was with Garrett. But I get your point that Dak looks much improved.

Exactly Dak looks great with a better coach and a team that is playing better.....Daniel Jones looks worse under JG.....JG has this affect on players, they go backwards with him coaching...

This takes nothing away from what Dak is doing as he is great and has been it is just nice to see a coach who knows how to win...

Last edited:

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Dak under the same coaching as Romo <<< Romo

How is it fair to say Dak is better when he’s had an opportunity to have different coaching while Romo did not?