Reaction score
wake up kid, this year we spent our money on all YOUNG talent

we haven't gone a spending spree of old talent in SIX years

that's an old way of doing things that was killed long before Gibbs got here

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Eddie said:
Laugh at the Skins all you guys want, but Gibbs has done in ONE year what we haven't done in NINE ... win a playoff game.

Make light of the Skins, but they rolled over us last year. It's easy to make fun of an opponent, but to diminish the Skins is only turning a blind eye to a baseball bat aimed at your head.

We may not be the Skins, but they didn't pay $10 mil signing bonus' to over-aged OG's, or draft guys like Dwayne Goodrich, Quincy Carter, Tony Dixon as their top picks.

They didn't throw away two top picks on Joey Galloway either.
:rolleyes:

go take your Commander envy elsewhere

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Gfunk said:
wake up kid, this year we spent our money on all YOUNG talent

we haven't gone a spending spree of old talent in SIX years

that's an old way of doing things that was killed long before Gibbs got here

young doesn't exactly mean they are worth the contracts, don't care how old Bruce, Deion and George were, they weren't worth the huge contracts you gave them, and Randle El and Lloyd don't look like they're worth what you gave up for them either, I mean, a combined 6 TD grabs?

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Eddie said:
Laugh at the Skins all you guys want, but Gibbs has done in ONE year what we haven't done in NINE ... win a playoff game.

Make light of the Skins, but they rolled over us last year. It's easy to make fun of an opponent, but to diminish the Skins is only turning a blind eye to a baseball bat aimed at your head.

We may not be the Skins, but they didn't pay $10 mil signing bonus' to over-aged OG's, or draft guys like Dwayne Goodrich, Quincy Carter, Tony Dixon as their top picks.

Yes, Washington Commanders, model franchise of the NFL.:rolleyes:

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
young doesn't exactly mean they are worth the contracts, don't care how old Bruce, Deion and George were, they weren't worth the huge contracts you gave them, and Randle El and Lloyd don't look like they're worth what you gave up for them either, I mean, a combined 6 TD grabs?

So you're saying because LLoyd and Randle El didn't have all-pro numbers for the Niners and Steelers, that it's no way they could with the Commanders with Al Saunders from KC, at the helm?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Eddie said:

Very true. But, I think in the last 4 years Jerry and company have shown that they learned their lesson.

Rich...............

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
So you're saying because LLoyd and Randle El didn't have all-pro numbers for the Niners and Steelers, that it's no way they could with the Commanders with Al Saunders from KC, at the helm?

Saunders doesn't have the quality of the KC O-Line either.

I'm not committing either way since Saunders doesn't have much of a sample size as an O-Coordinator. He could work out, they could stay the same on offense, or they could get worse.

My guess is that they'll probably be a bit better since they have better WR talent now. But, since Saunders and Gibbs practically run the same scheme and system (which Gibbs has said so himself), I just don't a great leap in offensive improvement. Otherwise, that's saying that Gibbs can't hold Saunders' jock when it comes to running an offense.

I don't know any Skins fan who would say that.

Rich...........

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gamebreaker said:

You are right they did not have all-pro numbers before, I would say below average numbers.

But that does not mean they can not be better in washingtion, nor does it mean someone is wrong for saying they will not.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:

I can't tell the future, and won't pretend to, but you're supposed to reward players with contracts based on production, and Lloyd and Randle El's production, hell, combined, don't equal what you rewarded them

juice28

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:

So you're saying they're prone for a breakout season? :lmao: What exactly is Randle El's motivation again?

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Saunders doesn't have the quality of the KC O-Line either.

I'm not committing either way since Saunders doesn't have much of a sample size as an O-Coordinator. He could work out, they could stay the same on offense, or they could get worse.

My guess is that they'll probably be a bit better since they have better WR talent now. But, since Saunders and Gibbs practically run the same scheme and system (which Gibbs has said so himself), I just don't a great leap in offensive improvement. Otherwise, that's saying that Gibbs can't hold Saunders' jock when it comes to running an offense.

I don't know any Skins fan who would say that.

Rich...........

There were times last season, where Gibbs seemed too conservative, usually playing with a lead. When he's playing from behind, he takes risk at the right times and reminds me of the Gibbs of old. Even on ES, this was noted numerous times.

Gibbs will always be the first to admit when he's making mistakes, bringing in Saunders was him finding someone who may do it better. Doesn't mean he isn't a great HC anymore, it shows he's great enough to delegate responsibilities.

Saunders used more 3 WR sets in KC. I think the offense will open up under him, the run/pass ratio will be balanced with him as OC. It also helps that we have better recievers than last season, with more quality among the OL with good depth.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
You are right they did not have all-pro numbers before, I would say below average numbers.

But that does not mean they can not be better in washingtion, nor does it mean someone is wrong for saying they will not.

I agree Randle El's numbers were below average for a reciever who was the second reciever for the steelers. On ES, I was criticized and called "not a fan" because I didn't agree with the amount of money spent on him. I also wanted them to make a move for Koren Robinson.

But Lloyd had 700+ yards, that isn't below average. All the recievers in the league don't avg. that, and not many played with as bad a play at QB as Lloyd did.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Eddie said:
No ... take your blind homerism elsewhere.

what blind homerism? all you do is bring up the Commanders like they are some sort of model for us to be, wow, one playoff win, yeah, we should be more like the Commanders :jerk: I know that's more than us, but set your sights a little higher than just the weakest playoff win in NFL history...when the Commanders do something, then I'll be worried about being more like them

MissionCoach

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
DANIEL SYNDER WHEN FREE AGENCY STARTS:: :huh: :eek:hboy: :gent:

Commanders PLAYERS:: :geezer: :jackpot: :fogeys:

DANIEL SYNDER AFTER IT DON'T WORK OUT:: :cry2: :cry: :cry3:

Lil Danny during FA :money: :showme: :jackpot:

Lil Danny after FA...Any Questions? :insane: :doh: :cry2: :tantrum:

Eddie

Reaction score
jackrussell said:
Yes, Washington Commanders, model franchise of the NFL.:rolleyes:

Laugh all you want, but what have we done in the past decade??? Squat!!!

So laugh at the Commanders, make light of other teams, poke fun at how our opponents "aren't" getting the job done ...

Maybe we should focus on making our OWN bed before telling someone else how to make theirs.

We haven't done a dammed thing in ten years. We've just endured the longest post season draught in franchise history ... and you guys are laughing at the Commanders.

Time to look ourselves in the mirror gents ... we're not in any position to mock anyone else.

As a Cowboy fans, we should be as humble as pie ... cus we're NOT even the Bengals.

As a Cowboy fan, I'm PO'd at the nonsense this organization has undertaken ... and that includes this TO BS!!!

I guess misery loves company, but Skins made the playoffs last year ... we didn't. It is what it is.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Eddie said:
As a Cowboy fan, I'm PO'd at the nonsense this organization has undertaken ... and that includes this TO BS!!!

and people don't give a crap dude, that's all you do, whine like a little chick on her period, take some mydol

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
it's also tiring listening to people bring up the Commanders everytime we do something, EVERYTIME!! and you running into defend them everytime, notice noone has agreed with you yet?

who cares about them? I more concerned with Seattle and Pittsburgh

Eddie

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
what blind homerism? all you do is bring up the Commanders like they are some sort of model for us to be, wow, one playoff win, yeah, we should be more like the Commanders :jerk: I know that's more than us, but set your sights a little higher than just the weakest playoff win in NFL history...when the Commanders do something, then I'll be worried about being more like them

Bro, we're NOT even the Commanders. We came in third place in a 3 dog race. You're happy with that? Somehow we're better than the Skins?

There are 31 other franchises to talk about, but all I read is Commanders this, Commanders that.

All I hear is how the Commanders are in cap hell, yet they kicked our butts really nicely last year.

Laugh all you want, but Gibbs made Parcells look like a fool last year.

The Commanders are NOT a model for us, and I never implied it. I simply said NOT to underestimate or diminish what they've done.

Danny Snyder is ALOT smarter than all of us ... there's a reason why he owns an NFL franchise, and you guys can only snicker anonymously behind PC screens.

How many more Cowboys to the Super Bowl threads are we gonna go through?

How many more Al Johnson to the Pro Bowl are we gonna pretend we didn't read?

How many more Larry Allen to DT BS are we gonna post???

It's called blind homerism and only a blind homer would believe in such things.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Eddie said:
How many more Cowboys to the Super Bowl threads are we gonna go through?

How many more Al Johnson to the Pro Bowl are we gonna pretend we didn't read?

How many more Larry Allen to DT BS are we gonna post???

It's called blind homerism and only a blind homer would believe in such things.

yeah, that's blind homerism, but I've never stated such things, so...

and I'm not happy with how last year turned out, and I don't see anyone who is, so quit implying it, but the future looks pretty bright to me, but that's just me