Have we truly seen the last of Bryant?

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
To me, if we sign him and he makes the team, it’s like a feel good story. But I’m skeptical anything will happen.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yes. Yes it is. And I want all of my fans on CowboysZone to know I am really auditioning for other teams.

I know Jerry will not bring me back. I am just using him and my old team through social media to land a new gig.

Stay strong my fans. And remember to throw up the X!

Peace.
Funny.

Did you see the article about Dez and Prescott working out together?

Do a search. You can not post it here because it talks about the virus and they do not want it posted which is cool.

But you should find it and read it.

A bit eye-opening.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For the most part this.

I think unless one of the big 3 WRs drops to 17..

We do one of 2 things.

Another team trades with us. we get a 3rd Rd pick for it..

which would be fine as we would fall back in the 1sr Rd and make our choice...

or we take the WR..make Dak druel about the offensive possibilities and he signs.

If they take a WR in the 1st Rd Dak has to wonder why.?

Are they looking at another QB to make a change and letting Dak walk and recind the Tag and his money?

This could be the most important draft pick in the last 20 yrs.

:popcorn:

I’m sure dak would rather have a pro bowl center more than another pro bowl wr.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I think too many Cowboys fans are still hopeful for a Dez return because he was one of the most passionate players we've ever had.

But the last time we saw Dez, we saw a receiver that no longer had the burst and speed to consistently separate and get open. This magnified his lack of talent as a pure route runner; a fault Bryant always made up for with his freakish athletic ability.

He doesn't have that much physical ability anymore. Receivers that are mediocre route runners do not age well, and this is the case with Dez Bryant. I wish him the best if he wants to continue his career, and if he returns to the Cowboys, I hope my analysis of him is wrong.

But for the time being, it may be best to concentrate on the future, not the past.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Funny.

Did you see the article about Dez and Prescott working out together?

Do a search. You can not post it here because it talks about the virus and they do not want it posted which is cool.

But you should find it and read it.

A bit eye-opening.

Dak: who is a local guy that is dumb enough and desperate enough to come out and catch passes with me right now?

Dak: Dez, how have you been?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think too many Cowboys fans are still hopeful for a Dez return because he was one of the most passionate players we've ever had.

But the last time we saw Dez, we saw a receiver that no longer had the burst and speed to consistently separate and get open. This magnified his lack of talent as a pure route runner; a fault Bryant always made up for with his freakish athletic ability.

He doesn't have that much physical ability anymore. Receivers that are mediocre route runners do not age well, and this is the case with Dez Bryant. I wish him the best if he wants to continue his career, and if he returns to the Cowboys, I hope my analysis of him is wrong.

But for the time being, it may be best to concentrate on the future, not the past.

Passionate = emotionally immature

some fans have never got over being wrong about dez at the end.

vnick

Reaction score
Is there a rule that a new Dez thread has to start when the previous Dez thread gets too long?

zack

Reaction score
Bryant has not suited up in a regular season NFL game since he was a member of the Cowboys back in 2017. The three-time Pro Bowler did sign with the New Orleans Saints the following year but immediately suffered a torn Achilles.

Dallas does have a need at receiver behind Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup after the team saw Randall Cobb sign with the Houston Texans.

Whether this means Bryant is a possibility remains to be seen. While he has not shown real interest in the former first-round pick, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has talked in-depth about Bryant.

If anything were to happen on this front, it would likely be after the 2020 NFL Draft later this month. Dallas will likely target a receiver early. Should that not come to fruition, the possibility of Bryant returning to Dallas could pick up steam.

Dallas just needs to do it already and stop talking about it. He looks good and he can still be a red zone threat. Dallas shouldn’t draft a receiver in the first round either.

Verdict

Reaction score
BB12f7Z6.img

We need more Dez threads. I enjoy them. It’s sort of like playing whack-a-mole!

Verdict

Reaction score
Dallas just needs to do it already and stop talking about it. He looks good and he can still be a red zone threat. Dallas shouldn’t draft a receiver in the first round either.

Dallas should lead him on and then say no thanks.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Tune in next week when we can see him play catch again with the tagged QB and violate social distancing in his fruitless and sad attempt to reignite his career.

quickccc

Reaction score
AS far as the Dallas Cowboys .. i would hope so ... but he purposely keeps singling and exclusively targeting Dallas Cowboys team only ,,, instead of attempting to try out for other NFL teams.

As he did for Saints when practically no team came hunting him down for a tryout before he unfortunately blew out his achilles.
But he wont go away, and fans don't want him going away either. So keep expecting more social media meddling and pushing the team to
scout he vs air workouts. .. its' only Dez that is working himself out ... not the Cowboys organization themselves. Not the coaches or scouts. :huh:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I would put it in the hands of McCarthy. If he wants to have Dez come to camp and compete then do it. If McCarthy does not want him in here then don't.
Such wisdom, ..decisiveness, such ... fatalism.
O contralto!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Bryant has not suited up in a regular season NFL game since he was a member of the Cowboys back in 2017. The three-time Pro Bowler did sign with the New Orleans Saints the following year but immediately suffered a torn Achilles.

Dallas does have a need at receiver behind Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup after the team saw Randall Cobb sign with the Houston Texans.

Whether this means Bryant is a possibility remains to be seen. While he has not shown real interest in the former first-round pick, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has talked in-depth about Bryant.

If anything were to happen on this front, it would likely be after the 2020 NFL Draft later this month. Dallas will likely target a receiver early. Should that not come to fruition, the possibility of Bryant returning to Dallas could pick up steam.
The Cowboys have too much work to do on defense to "target a receiver early". It is certainly not a "likely" event. Drafting a WR isn't likely to happen until after the 3rd round. We'll just have to wait and see what happens after the draft but acquiring Bryant is unlikely to be on their itinerary.