CFZ Have you been priced out of going to Cowboys games?

kskboys

Reaction score
Asking someone whether they can afford something is asking about their pockets. I don't know where you are from but asking that type of thing is usually considered gauche.

Perhaps you should get out more.
Being rude to someone for no reason, as you are doing, is even more gauche.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Being rude to someone for no reason, as you are doing, is even more gauche.
I gave reason. It is asking abut pockets.

LOL if what I wrote else was rude, then you should look to yourself. Calling others sex offenders without cause and then using that to dismiss their word is something you just did. We can compare and contrast.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I've been totally satisfied with watching the Cowboys games on TV and have never attended one of them at one of their stadium venues.

Aside from that, I wouldn't consider paying what they get for their stadium parking, but especially not at the price of a stadium seat today.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I've been to one game at Texas Stadium, and it was amazing. I've been to many at the Death Star, and some of those were very exciting. I had season tickets in the Party Pass section for a couple seasons.

Problem is today...it's just not as much fun as watching from home. Aside from the cost, I'm 48 now, and as much as I love to walk, and don't mind standing, I'm not proud to admit it's not as easy as it was 5 years ago. The driving, the heat, the annoying and maddening drum machine music they blare outside (and in).

Plus I'm tired of all the drunk riff raff trying to strong-arm their way into your spot that you stood to protect for 3 hours.
There’s something to be said about watching the game in your man cave with some buddies with beers burgers and hot dogs.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I pick and choose my spots, but realistically, I just don't go to games anymore. The view from my couch is better, the drinks are cheaper and the line to the bathroom is shorter.

I got scolded in another thread, not unjustified, but the sports teams just don't care about fans unless you bring the money. If you are unable to afford to go to a game or buy the gear, well you aren't the target market anyway. Pricing is the highest the market will bear and honestly, if a team can make the same money filling half the stadium then they will.
And hot dogs are cheaper than a steak dinner, Motel much cheaper than a Holliday Inn, a 30 year old Toyota truck much cheaper than a new Silverado. Staying him will always be cheaper than getting out and actually doing experiences.

Go out to dinner and tell them you prefer to spend no money, and see how quickly you get seated. Name me a BUSINESS that cares about the people that want to come to their business and spend no money?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Exactly....it's about value.

When Dlaw says things like "we were just tired" after the loss to the Packers, it reinforces my opposition to throwing away good money for bad effort.
If I had paid the thousands necessary for a decent seat in most of their last playoff games, I’d feel miserable. Like I just went to Vegas and blew thousands gambling. What a rip-off for the fans who paid so much for the Green Bay game thinking this was the year.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
It's all good guys. Sit at home on your favorite couch and your drink of choice. The bathroom is only feet away and no parking and treats in the frig.

it's all about the experience and if you chose the spend X amount of dollars is too much, the just chill like me.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
And hot dogs are cheaper than a steak dinner, Motel much cheaper than a Holliday Inn, a 30 year old Toyota truck much cheaper than a new Silverado. Staying him will always be cheaper than getting out and actually doing experiences.

Go out to dinner and tell them you prefer to spend no money, and see how quickly you get seated. Name me a BUSINESS that cares about the people that want to come to their business and spend no money?
:rolleyes: :huh:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't consider paying what they get for their stadium parking
In all the games I've attended I have never paid one penny for parking there. That is just throwing money down the drain.

Take the hotel shuttle and don't mess with the traffic.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
In all the games I've attended I have never paid one penny for parking there. That is just throwing money down the drain.

Take the hotel shuttle and don't mess with the traffic.
Getting a seat isn't what most fans might consider a reasonable price to pay, either. It's not for the average fan at all.

Last edited: