CFZ Have you been priced out of going to Cowboys games?

kskboys

Reaction score
As others have pointed out, the events are priced with the most expensive tickets inn the country. More than twice what top concerts go for and up there with any other event you can name.

The OP is kinda gauche asking that question.
Very strange take. I take it you don't get out much?

kskboys

Reaction score
I’ve been lucky enough to go to Cowboys home games at all three stadiums in their storied history - the Cotton Bowl, Texas Stadium and AT&T Stadium. My Dad took me to my first Cowboys game in 1964 when I was only 6 years old. Eventually my Dad took my younger brother and me to games also over the years, and as a middle class family it was affordable. Those memories of going to Cowboys games were truly bonding experiences.

The 1964 game tickets my Dad had for the game at the Cotton Bowl were $6.00 each. So it was $12 for a father and son to sit on about the 25 yard line. That was then. The average single ticket price of going to a Cowboys game now is between $286 and $689 and that of course does not include parking and other items.

Trust me, I’m not here to say “everything was better in the good ol’ days.” Believe me they weren’t. I’m not against owners making big profits. But I am mystified by how much NFL ticket prices have gone up relative to everything else in society over the years. The experience I had with my Dad so many years ago seems harder and harder for the average person to experience.

The Cowboys have raised ticket prices approximately 20% since 2022. The cost of living/inflation has gone up but not at those percentages. I’m all for the free enterprise system but at what point does this become just a ridiculous level of pure greed?

So…I’m curious. How many of you have been priced out? I last attended a Cowboys game in 2018 and now that I am retired, I may have been priced out of ever going again. How many of you have attended games with your children and continue to do so?
It's not about the money, it's about being worth it. It's not.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
It's not always about being priced out. Is it worth the money? When people decide to purchase something, it's not always about whether or not they can afford it. It can also be whether or not they think it's worth it. I can afford a 20 dollar bottle of water, but do I want to pay that much for it?
Thats it. Well explained.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Very strange take. I take it you don't get out much?
Asking someone whether they can afford something is asking about their pockets. I don't know where you are from but asking that type of thing is usually considered gauche.

Perhaps you should get out more.

leicafan

Reaction score
I went to the game for Jimmy Johnson's Ring of Honor game. It was an awesome experience. But here is what I spent on that day with my son.
Parking is like 200 bucks, yeah I am lazy and don't want to walk. I had food and drink with my son about 60. I did not spend money on Cowboys stuff.
My 2 tickets price are in the range of 800-1000 I think, I am the season ticket owner so that is the price if I sold them on eBay.

The ticket price has been raised for past few years. I think the price is outrages. They should allow more fans to come to the stadium to watch.
But I would definitely say that if you have a chance to go the game. You have to save up for once to enjoy that.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I try to fly down once a year for a game and sit in the club seats. It's a lot of money but for me personally, it's worth it. Flights, hotel, tickets, 2 to 3 nights in Dallas usually including a dinner at Al Biernat's...Great memories. I consider it a vacation more than a game. YMMV

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I’ve been lucky enough to go to Cowboys home games at all three stadiums in their storied history - the Cotton Bowl, Texas Stadium and AT&T Stadium. My Dad took me to my first Cowboys game in 1964 when I was only 6 years old. Eventually my Dad took my younger brother and me to games also over the years, and as a middle class family it was affordable. Those memories of going to Cowboys games were truly bonding experiences.

The 1964 game tickets my Dad had for the game at the Cotton Bowl were $6.00 each. So it was $12 for a father and son to sit on about the 25 yard line. That was then. The average single ticket price of going to a Cowboys game now is between $286 and $689 and that of course does not include parking and other items.

Trust me, I’m not here to say “everything was better in the good ol’ days.” Believe me they weren’t. I’m not against owners making big profits. But I am mystified by how much NFL ticket prices have gone up relative to everything else in society over the years. The experience I had with my Dad so many years ago seems harder and harder for the average person to experience.

The Cowboys have raised ticket prices approximately 20% since 2022. The cost of living/inflation has gone up but not at those percentages. I’m all for the free enterprise system but at what point does this become just a ridiculous level of pure greed?

So…I’m curious. How many of you have been priced out? I last attended a Cowboys game in 2018 and now that I am retired, I may have been priced out of ever going again. How many of you have attended games with your children and continue to do so?
It has gotten out of hand especially for an organization stuck in the same outcome for darn near 30 years. If it wasn't for my son becoming a huge boys fan I doubt I would waste money on seeing them in person. With that, taking him to games and watching his excitment far excels what this organization lacks in. I've been frequently the past few years but don't plan on making it an annual outing but could always change on this decision as well. As far as the experience if I had to rate the two stadiums I have seen them play home games in, the ATT is by far a superior place to enjoy a game. TS was great but more difficult to follow the game from sideline to sideline. It's sad how much it costs to attend a game now and this will only continue to escalate with all the streaming invading sports today.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
The NFL is in the process of pricing nearly everyone out of even viewing NFL games unless you want 30 different paid subscriptions to various streaming platforms. Hope you can create enough strong passwords, manage them all, and hopefully none of those clients gets hacked on the company's end so your data gets stolen which will always be a metaphorical Sword of Damocles hanging over your head.
In defense of the NFL I blame the government more. Everything cost more. Higher taxes, inflation, higher fuel, electricity. It all goes into ticket pricing. Higher minimum salaries. I blame everything on the government. Football ticket pricing and the consumer are just another victim of bad policy.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Not priced out, Jerried out. Won't go to another game nor buy anything Cowboys related as long as he or his spawn are running the show.

leeblair

Reaction score

I have a feeling that tickets will get cheaper by the end of this season.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

I'm emotionally priced out.