Have you ever been to a Cowboys game?

Ren

Reaction score
Never been, I live in Norway, I will one day though

Reaction score
otero1 said:
Have you ever been to a Cowboys game?

i was at roger staubach's last game. he completed his last pass to guard herb scott -- got a penalty.

i think that was the year jake youngblood of the rams played in the playoffs with a broken leg, and the rams advanced to the SB vs the Steelers.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
diamond cutter said:
I have been to one, it was the year that Emmitt broke the rushing record in Pheonix. It was the worst football game (High School, College, or Pro). The score was 6 to 9. The Cowboys lost and they had 6 because of a botched extra point. :bang2:

Although I have to say it was a great time though. I have been to Baseball events and NBA games, but nothing really compares to being in the stadium for a football game. I like the college atmosphere a little better, but it is fun regardless.

I was at that game too. I'll never forget the pop that Roy put on Jake Plummer that day though. POWWWW! Good stuff.

SS

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I have been to 8 Cowboy games at Texas Stadium, and I used to live in Dallas because I have a brother down there...but, for ONLY one year! I had to leave because it was so HOT...Thiis was between 1972 - 1983...during my growing years! :eek:: I can't recall the games, or how the Boyz played because that was a very FUZZY time in my life (if you know what I mean)? :cool: Besides that, the games were boring...while I was there, the Boyz never lost...and that is what I expected!

The one game that I do remember was a game against the Vikings...and after the game...me and my wife (X) and our friends, waited around for a few more hours to check out the team, getting on the team bus that was all roped off...I got to shake hands with Hollywood and Too Tall...and it was great...so cool...! :D

Hollywood came out dressed in all black, with his shirt unbuttoned a few, with all these Gold chains/necklacies around his neck...and other jewelery...smiling like a DOG! He was so cool!

Too Tall came out with him, just right behind Hollywood...and that **'er was BIG! The nicest person to the crowd that you could imagine! He shakes my hand...and that hand was HUGE! I was thinking, "HOLY CHIT"!

Those two Cowboys used to be roommates, so that must be why they came out of the tunnel togeather....and Hollywood was probably doing all that Nose Candy during all this time? Roger walked right past the crowd...and most of the players did...:)

IT WAS GREAT! And, I will go again....! :star:

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
1984.. vs the skins. We jump out to a big lead Danny White/Timmy Newsome everyone is playing well... we get 7 sacks on Theismann but the skins win... They actually showcased this game on Classic last year.

wahoofan22

Reaction score
I've been to a few. I live in Richmond, VA (the heart of Commanders country), so I need to escape to Big D as much as possible.

My first game was Dallas at Philly in '94...the 4th and 1 game. That sucked.

THen I went to see the Cowboys v. Commanders at Dallas on Thanksgiving in 1996....a win.

Next, was the Cowboys at the Saints in 1998 (or 1999). The Saints killed them.

Since then, I've made an annual pilgrimage to the THanksgiving game every year.

I've been lucky (scarcasm) enough to see 2 of the worst games of Emmitt's carreer (v. the Saints in 98 and then agains the Broncos a few years ago). But, I also got to see him go off against the Skins a couple of times.

I remember seeing Dan Marino throw 5 picks on Thanksgiving (Jimmy was the coach). That was great. I also got to see Randy Moss just kill the Cowboys. He was unstoppable.

There's been good trips and bad trips, but I look forward to it every year.

Number82

No Helmet; No Problem
Reaction score
I've been to three Cowboys games. Three times at Giants Stadium. Three Losses.:mad:

Game 1: 2001- Cowboys lose 24-27 in OT. The game was the second and last career start of Clint Stoerner. It was also the first game where Ryan Leaf threw a pass in a Cowboys uniform. After a domiant first half where there finished up 24-3, the 'Boys didn't show up for the second half. That game was just embarrassing.

Game 2: 2004- Cowboys lose at the end 28-24. This game really didn't matter much. The 6-9 Cowboys @ the 5-10 Giants. Tiki Barber set the Giants single season and career rushing records in this game. Scored the game-winning TD in my endzone as the Cowboys defense fell apart on the last drive of the game.

Game 3: 2005- Cowboys lose 17-10. I was really looking foward to this game. I got up early and drove throw the snowy and icy roads to buy scalped tickets with my cousin (a huge Giants fan). Paid way too much money to sit in the upper deck but I didn't care because I was set to watch my Cowboys claim 1st place in the NFC East with a win. A missed handoff and a few bad plays on defense cost Dallas and I had to walk out of Giants Stadium with my Roy Williams jersey and take abuse. Whatever, it was for my 'Boys. I also lost a bet to my roommate (another huge Giants fan). The day after the game, I had to walk around school and campus with a Tiki Barber jersey on and a sign that said "I Bet Against The Giants and Lost!"

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
Watched the then Phoenix Cardinals vs. The Boys at Texas Stadium back in 1993. Unfortunately Aikman was injured during that game and didn't play which was pretty depressing.

dontpush

Reaction score
emmits last year i saw us get whooped in seattle, gone to two preaseason games in oakland, went to the mnf seattle game when jj had 200 yds.

i'm in idaho, for the moment, go to as many as my work and $$$ allow.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Yes.

The Cotton Bowl. More times than I can even remember.

Texas Stadium. Same as above. Every home game in 1989.

I also was at the pre-season game against the Bears when randy White took his helmet off and beat the crap out of a Bear player.

It was pre-season.

But it was Randy White with a weapon.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I've only been to one in Texas Stadium(we got spanked by the 49ers after Aikman was injured!) but have been to several in DC.

My first Cowboys game was perhaps the best! It was 1991 and we were playing a 11-0 Skins team. Jimmy pulled out ALL the stops and even Aikman going down in the 2nd half wasn't enough for the Skins as Dallas ruined their "perfect" season! LOL!

My 2nd most memorable was the season opener(can't remember the year!) when the Boys trailed by 21 going into the 4th quarter. Michael Irvin caught two 4th quarter TD's to send it to OT and then Aikman won it with a BOMB to Rocket! Fed Ex sounded like a Boys home game as the Cowboy fans ERUPTED! Ahhh, sweet, sweet memories :)

Manster54

Reaction score
4 in RFK & 2 at FED EX againbst the Ravens.
2 against the Ravens in Baltimore.
1 at VET stadium against the Fecals

The best games I saw were in RFK, when the triplets took apart the Skins by halftime. By the end of the third quarter, there were about 20,000 cowboys fans harrassing the drunk skins diehards. Sooo much fun.

THE worst game I saw was in 2000 when Ravens won the superbowl. Ravens STEAMROLLED the Cowboys 30-0. Jamal Lewis must have averaged at least 7 yards a carry and I dropped a cup of beer in my lap in the upper deck on a cold windy day...:shootfoot

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
aceware94 said:
1992:Commanders at Dallas- Monday night football in Dallas, OMG is that stadium hot. Sat right next to Ross Perot's wife and right behind Troy Aikman's brother.

Must have been his brother-in-law.

Troy doesn't have a brother.

ghst187

Reaction score
I saw the triplets play. When I lived in OKC in the 90's I'd go to a game or two almost every year. Saw Deion also.
I was at the game, forget the year, against the foreskins where he got a concussion then came out of the lockerroom and ran onto the field against the trainer's wishes just in time to return a punt and i was loudly yelling that this one was going to the house....and sure enough he took it back for a TD and swung a back and forth game to our favor for good.
All the games I saw were divisional games...giants, skins, cards...

Overalls

Benched
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to see the Texans slap around the girls in there first game ever:lmao2: