Haynesworthless is a Patriot

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
TheCount;4011301 said:
They didn't get fleeced except for what they paid for the players. Both players and guys they made mistakes on and no longer wanted.

At least they got draft picks. We didn't get a thing for the three starters we just cut, and none of them were considered a problem child and none of them were benched for poor play except maybe Davis for part of a game.

I'd have been estatic to be sitting with a couple of 5th and 6th rounders for them right now, even in 2013.

You're really complaining about the players we cut, and trying to equate that to the fiasco that Haynesworth brought to the Commanders?

You've got to be kidding.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Woods;4011286 said:
I guess the Pats are banking that in the right environment that Haynesworth will elevate his play.

He is still playing in a 3-4 right? (or did the Pats go hybrid?)

basstapp

Reaction score
TheCount;4011301 said:
They didn't get fleeced except for what they paid for the players. Both players and guys they made mistakes on and no longer wanted.

At least they got draft picks. We didn't get a thing for the three starters we just cut, and none of them were considered a problem child and none of them were benched for poor play except maybe Davis for part of a game.

I'd have been estatic to be sitting with a couple of 5th and 6th rounders for them right now, even in 2013.

A 5th in 2013 is pretty low trade value. Hanesworth can still game that is the difference btwn Bigg, Colombo, & Barber. We didn't get anything from Roy Willaims because people knew it was going to be a cap casualty where the skins could of easily held on to hanesworth for another season or 2.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
A 5th in 2013 is basically nothing for the Pats because they have two years to make sure they acquire and additional 5th in 2013. That should be no problem.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4011339 said:
You're really complaining about the players we cut, and trying to equate that to the fiasco that Haynesworth brought to the Commanders?

Try actually reading what I wrote. I'm not complainig about anything.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4011339 said:

Welcome to 'I Hate Jerry World.'

:bang2:

YR

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Because it is the Patriots, it is being looked at as a smart move. If it were the Cowboys, it would be looked at as a dumb move.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
dmq;4011391 said:
Because it is the Patriots, it is being looked at as a smart move. If it were the Cowboys, it would be looked at as a dumb move.

That goes for every move Jerry makes even if it was liked at first.

Mash

Reaction score
Pats made a smart move.....but wouldnt you be pissed if you were Haynesworth? Isnt the pats another 3-4 team or did they switch to a 4-3 last year?

Maybe Bill will just use Haynesworth in their 4 DL packages...who knows....but a 5th rd price is cheap and seeing how the Skins already paid most of Haynesworth salary (signing bonus and such) ....the cap money it cost the pats is minimal.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I'm calling it now. The Pats will clean up his image and trade him off for multiple picks. They will sit him down and explain to him that if he straightens up and plays hard for them, they will trade him anywhere he wants to go. They have nothing to lose. If he acts up, they cut him and probably don't owe the skins a thing.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Cowboys22;4011414 said:
I'm calling it now. The Pats will clean up his image and trade him off for multiple picks. They will sit him down and explain to him that if he straightens up and plays hard for them, they will trade him anywhere he wants to go. They have nothing to lose. If he acts up, they cut him and probably don't owe the skins a thing.

Yeah, they do work the system well with that team. He might play cause its his last chance to do so, plus they win year in and year out so they have creditability.

I hope this deal crashes and burns.....somehow as a rotation 3-4 DE though, they do have a reason for taking the chance like they did with Moss.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
He doesn't like playing in the 3-4. Unless that was just a Commanders thing, dumb move by the pats.

Nightshade

Reaction score
dmq;4011391 said:

If it were the Cowboys it would have been a dumb move. Garrett's got no history of getting something out of disgruntled vets. BB has had success with Corey Dillon and Randy Moss when everyone else thought they were head cases.

It's not just an anti - Cowboy bias.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Do not understand why the Pats are still considered geniuses.

They have not won a Superbowl in 7 years and almost ruined their team with Randy Moss.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
2233boys;4011444 said:
He doesn't like playing in the 3-4. Unless that was just a Commanders thing, dumb move by the pats.

I've got to assume they're planning to play him as a penetrator from the end position. I hadn't heard that he was averse to playing that role, only the nose.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
basstapp;4011297 said:
Gosh the skins are just getting fleeced everywhere they go. I am not sure if hanesworth will work out in NE. I wouldn't of surrendered a 5th round for him.

One thing is for sure - he doesn't work out in NE and he is done - say what you want about Belli -- but he manages guys like Haynesworth very well